Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 02:26 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It would depend on why it collapsed. Was it because it was built poorly, or was it because someone sabotaged the supporting columns.
It collapsed because it was DESIGNED to collapse so that the designers could rescue us from our collapsed garage and declare themselves the hero of the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 02:30 PM

5,745 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Kamala is showboating for her future political aspirations.

Single-payer will never happen. The costs would be way too high, especially for all the coverage the people pushing the idea would want.

exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Kamala Harris announces she will co-sponsor single-payer healthcare | TheHill

You know with her on it it's bound to be a disaster.
Didn't CA decide NOT to implement single payer because it's too costly? And now she wants to implement this federally? Idiot.

[quote=ottomobeale;49376793]Funny I know a number of Canadians who have told me the opposite.
I know a wealthy Brit who said something along the lines of the US would be perfect if we had the NHS.
I know a German couple who think our system is crazy. They are not poor.

Neither Canada, the UK and Germany have a single payer system. They have some sort of a hybrid. What these foreigners don't understand is that the liberals want to go further than any Western Europe/Canadian system.

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I've lived in countries where they have government health care. It's a separate but equal system, where no one but the ultra-poor would ever use the government system. A broken arm is a 24 hour wait at the ER. A surgery is a 3-4 year wait list. Everyone on this forum would still use our private insurance. It would just be the permanent underclass using the government system.

It's the same as public schools. I think it's great that the poorest neighborhoods have schools for their kids, but people like you and I would never send our kids to them.
Which countries have you been to with a 3-4 year list for surgery and a 24 hour wait at the ER? PS my kids went to public school and my grandson is going to public school, so I guess I'm not "people like you" whatever that means

Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It collapsed because it was DESIGNED to collapse so that the designers could rescue us from our collapsed garage and declare themselves the hero of the story.
Then what was the point of all the opposition and sabotage? Did they get played like never before?

Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I actually think this is a good kind of showboating. Show us what you're for, rather than what you're against. Sure, you can disagree with single-payer healthcare, but it's the smart thing for Democrats to show their legislative vision for the country.

It's a little different than the "Repeal and Replace" promise which really was just all about "repeal" with no plan to "replace." It appears here that Kamala is co-sponsoring an actual bill.
If we have a plan, we need to present it, loudly and boldly.

Hating Trump is not enough.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:51 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If we have a plan, we need to present it, loudly and boldly.

Hating Trump is not enough.
Exactly, loudly and boldly. The clarity, boldness, and positivity of the vision must match the viciousness of their criticism of this administration.

It's actually brilliant that Bernie introduced this bill, because he's forcing Democrats to make a choice, to pick a direction on a key issue, particularly as we head into midterms next year.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Kamala is showboating like the Reps did for seven years promising Repeal and Replace. Both know it will never happen. No way to pay for it. Some Dem in California introduced something similar just to get their names in the headlines. Sank like a stone.

Why don't these fools promise to get UFO disclosure? That would be more believable.
She'd actually vote for her own bill, unlike members of your party.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:59 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
California democrat.

have to laugh.

healthcare is not a right.

Of course, but you do have the right to be gouged into bankruptcy by medical bills. When you get sick your insurance company will do anything to deny your care because of a "pre-existing condition" (ie: you sprained your ankle 20 years ago and didn't mention it). They would rather you die so they don't have to pay for your care. In other words the insurance companies profit from your death.

Old 08-31-2017, 03:09 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then what was the point of all the opposition and sabotage? Did they get played like never before?
The point of the opposition was plainly stated during the debate over the bill: it would raise health care costs while annihilating insurance markets -- in other words, the point was to avoid being exactly where we are right now. And what sabotage are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies