Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 11:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,704,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Anything conservatives do is now "white supremacy". The accusation has lost all meaning, and is rightfully ignored by anyone with two neurons to rub together.
If it hasn't it soon will. Just a couple weeks ago "white supremacist" still had some bite as an epithet... amazing how quickly the left overplays their hand.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:33 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,964,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If it hasn't it soon will. Just a couple weeks ago "white supremacist" still had some bite as an epithet... amazing how quickly the left overplays their hand.
I lost count how many times during the election Trump was branded a racist and he still won.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:36 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,229,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is what I've been arguing in the thread about the black guy saving a white guy who had a Confederate flag down in Texas.

A few weeks back the Left said none of us could function in society unless the flags and monuments and statues all came down.

But then real life happened (the hurricane) and all people pitched in and helped.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,611,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What does DACA have to do with being a white supremacist ?

It's ridiculous how the left tries to make these connections .

https://mobile.twitter.com/cville2dc...778176/photo/1
Well, It's not hard to make the white supremacist connection if you're a DACA recipient.
Here you are, been here for 10 years or more, some, most their lives and it's the only country you've ever known, plus you had no choice being here in the first place.
Now there's an organized group of people who want to take away your legal right to be here and send you back to a country that you have no memory of.

First question you would ask yourselves is "Why"?
Second question is "What motivates these people to hate me so much? I've never committed a crime, I work. Pay taxes, contribute to the community, Why Am I such a threat?

Then they see the organized marches of white nationalists, Nazis and racists chanting their hateful slogans in unison and they realize, It must be because of the color of my skin and the fact that I wasn't born here.

When you look at the totality of what's happening, it's not hard to understand their conclusions.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:10 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,301,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, It's not hard to make the white supremacist connection if you're a DACA recipient.
Here you are, been here for 10 years or more, some, most their lives and it's the only country you've ever known, plus you had no choice being here in the first place.
Now there's an organized group of people who want to take away your legal right to be here and send you back to a country that you have no memory of.

Second question is "What motivates these people to hate me so much? I've never committed a crime, I work. Pay taxes, contribute to the community, Why Am I such a threat?

Then they see the organized marches of white nationalists, Nazis and racists chanting their hateful slogans in unison and they realize, It must be because of the color of my skin and the fact that I wasn't born here.

When you look at the totality of what's happening, it's not hard to understand their conclusions.
What do you think about states offering in state tuition to unauthorized immigrants?
Think about it if you are from say Kansas and want to go to school in California you have to pay out of state tuition which is several times as much. But if you are here illegally you get a break.

Does that seem fair?

I don't think people against DACA "hate" DACA recipients. They just think resources should be spent on American citizens first.

And that includes American hispanics, blacks,whites,asians,etc.

It's not a racial thing.

Think about this. If your parents moved from the U.S to another country illegally...what kind of benefits would you get? Would think give you the rights that their own citizens have?

Also DACA was never meant to be a permanent thing. It's always been a temporary thing.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,527,625 times
Quote:

Its hard to convince someone of something that is based on a lie. In bold above.

If they had a legal right to be here it couldn't be taken away. The opposite is true. No legal right to be here.

Have they lived here all their lives and not learned we are a country based on law and not one based on whim and feelings ? They should be and are smart enough to know the difference.

I still believe it is tactic to make congress act on immigration reform or they will be the ones that have failed the people. All the people not just DACA. Lets see what the gutless cowards in congress do.
This selective non-enforcement of laws some don't like is BS. Don't like the law, change it.

Last edited by phma; 09-01-2017 at 12:21 AM..

Old 09-01-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
What do you think about states offering in state tuition to unauthorized immigrants?
Think about it if you are from say Kansas and want to go to school in California you have to pay out of state tuition which is several times as much. But if you are here illegally you get a break.

Does that seem fair?

I don't think people against DACA "hate" DACA recipients. They just think resources should be spent on American citizens first.

And that includes American hispanics, blacks,whites,asians,etc.

It's not a racial thing.

Think about this. If your parents moved from the U.S to another country illegally...what kind of benefits would you get? Would think give you the rights that their own citizens have?

Also DACA was never meant to be a permanent thing. It's always been a temporary thing.
The two DACAs I know are young ladies. They are 19 and 17. One has been here since she was 2 and the other since she was four. They don't even speak good spanish. They've considered themselves Americans all their lives because that's the only memory they have.

You want to brand them as "illegals" and be done with them. Just so much Throw aways to American society.

It's mean. It's ugly and it's totally unnecessary. There is really no good reason except a deep seated racism that motivate you and those who demand their immediate deportation.
You can give all the weak assed excuses you want but they are all a deflection from the real issue. Deep seated racism.

..................Period!.................

Old 09-01-2017, 12:30 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,301,626 times
Quote:
The two DACAs I know are young ladies. They are 19 and 17. One has been here since she was 2 and the other since she was four. They don't even speak good spanish. They've considered themselves Americans all their lives because that's the only memory they have.

You want to brand them as "illegals" and be done with them. Just so much Throw aways to American society.

It's mean. It's ugly and it's totally unnecessary. There is really no good reason except a deep seated racism that motivate you and those who demand their immediate deportation.
You can give all the weak assed excuses you want but they are all a deflection from the real issue. Deep seated racism.

..................Period!.................
It's not racism. I haven't said one racial thing on this entire thread. If it makes you feel better you can think that though.
Shouts of racism is a common tactic of the left to try and shutdown a conversation. When they disagree with someone.
We need law and order, respect for law and order.

Maybe the parents should of thought about their kid's future before they came here illegally?
Do the parents bear no responsibility?..

Also you didn't respond to whether you think these DACA folks should get in station tuition, while Americans that live out of state don't..

Old 09-01-2017, 12:36 AM

6,441 posts, read 4,008,592 times
What's up with the gigantic leaps? The twitter never says if you don't support DACA your a white supremacist. All it says is defend DACA from white supremacy. At best it's saying white supremacists are attacking DACA.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its hard to convince someone of something that is based on a lie. In bold above.

If they had a legal right to be here it couldn't be taken away. The opposite is true. No legal right to be here.

Have they lived here all their lives and not learned we are a country based on law and not one based on whim and feelings ? They should be and are smart enough to know the difference.

I still believe it is tactic to make congress act on immigration reform or they will be the ones that have failed the people. All the people not just DACA. Lets see what the gutless cowards in congress do.
This selective non-enforcement of laws some don't like is BS. Don't like the law, change it.
They have a legal right to be here. The United States government granted them the legal right to be here. They pay a 500.00 filing fee each, to the US Dept of Immigration services, submit all their school transcripts, medical records and proof of residence, then wait 4 months or more. They must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they have continuously resided in America for 10 years or more and have never committed a crime.
Then they are issued a document from the Government of the United States that gives them legal permission to reside in America for a period of two years from the date of issuance. Shortly thereafter a government issued work permit comes in the mail.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies