Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times

Advertisements

Since there seems to be little accountability in law enforcement, maybe we need to go back to public shaming. Refuse service to these loser cops so they can't even get gas or groceries.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Thank God the nurse was white or we would have some serious race riots on the streets.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:47 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
My brother got a dwi on a bicycle when he had been drinking and was crossing at a crosswalk (riding bike), and was hit by a Martin county, FL sheriff's car.
The nurse came into his room and said "I need to draw blood", so he said ok, and the cops used it to file dwi charges against him. He was charged with a dwi, convicted and lost his DRIVERS license for 5 yrs. He sued the police, because cop was speeding with unruly prisoner in back and never saw him, or hit his brales until after he hit him (doing 60 in a 45.).
I think if you are in a hospital, cops should be required to get a warrant for a blood draw. Peopke agree to most anything a nurse tells you they need to do. What is being done with blood should be disclosed.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
"Here you go...The Supreme Court on Thursday said that police must obtain a warrant before requiring a suspected drunk driver to submit to a blood alcohol test. In a divided opinion, the court made a distinction between blood tests, which require the piercing of the skin, and breath tests, which it found are not particularly painful, intrusive or embarrassing"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.769bfea5b756
Does this include an accident where someone else is killed? Or just your standard traffic stop dui?

Old 09-01-2017, 01:54 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Actually it may be law to retrieve blood results from a driver from a crash/injury/death accident. The nurse is probably guilty of obstructing\similar charge

Do a little more research to make sure you're right
According to the nurse herself, she could not draw blood because:

- the patient was not under arrest,

- the patient was unconscious and therefore unable to give consent, and

- there was no warrant.

One of her supervisors was on the phone with the cop and was heard to be telling him that he "was making a huge mistake right now" in arresting her.

She is going to OWN that cop's job when this is all over, and I hope she does.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:55 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i suggest you do the same matey.
Lol. Ya I didn't read the article....I already said the copper was in the wrong

Old 09-01-2017, 01:57 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
You know for all the rightie cop apologists, I sure wish you held the 4th amendment in the same high regard as the 2nd.
Secondly, let's go back and revisit the thread about trump giving military weapons to cops...guy like this are why it's bad idea. Of course there are good cops, but until the good cops rise up and seek to gets cops like this fired instead of remaining silent, they are also part of the problem.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:58 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Thank God the nurse was white or we would have some serious race riots on the streets.
Whites only riot to defend Joe Paterno and for Pumpkin Fest.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:59 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Since there seems to be little accountability in law enforcement, maybe we need to go back to public shaming. Refuse service to these loser cops so they can't even get gas or groceries.
No, I do not think so. On the whole I do believe cops are doing the best they can with what they know and how people behave towards them. The problem is in upper management. Like other professionals they need to have regular refresher classes that address new laws and how it affects their jobs and what they can and cannot do as well as dealing with situations that may anger them. I don't blame this cop for anything other than losing his cool because she was in no way being rude to him. He should have stepped away and awaited his supervisor, however his own supervisor arrived and basically told the nurse she should have obeyed. Both were incorrect. Why they were incorrect is in question. Did they honestly not know the law or did they disregard the law. If it was the second then they should be reprimanded, if it was the first then the department needs to set up some remedial training of all officers on a periodic basis not just one time.

I do not think the public should shame them, refuse service, or in anyway treat them differently. One day, you will need an officer, and if you previously acted like an ass to them, would you want them to deny you?

Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
Why didn't the cop just go over the nurse's head and talk to her supervisor? There had to be one on duty. Remind her it is federal law.
He was on the phone with one of her supervisors, and was told that he was making a "huge mistake" in arresting her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies