Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
The officer showed his true character for all the world to see.
Agreed. Who cares about rights when one can pad their arrest record.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:07 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Actually it may be law to retrieve blood results from a driver from a crash/injury/death accident. The nurse is probably guilty of obstructing\similar charge
Do a little more research to make sure you're right
Driver could neither consent nor refuse.
Nurse could not act on police orders.
Cop needed warrant.
No crime had been committed or observed by cop.
Cop needed to deal with a Doctor or hospital supervisor.
Cop Ignored what her supervisor told him.

Clear case of cop pigism. There was nothing time critical about the blood draw.

"Former EMT"
I Am Not A Lawyer, but all parties will need some soon.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:17 PM

672 posts, read 810,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
yeah I posted that before I watched the video and realized she had her supervisor on the phone at the time. Not surprisingly it sounds like the laws are too vague about this.
I've only reached this point in thread but the laws are not vague. The officer admits in the video that he doesn't have probable cause. He was having trouble having his authority challenged. That is the bottom-line. The nurse's detention was unlawful and based solely on the officer's ego. LE violating the law (and I'm a supporter of police) should face the same consequences as all. The nurse defended the rights of the patient by not complying. She had no duty to comply with a unlawful order.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:22 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you missed my point! is not about those "awful" negroes, it's about how the MSM and the left would cover it if the nurse was black.....you would be one of them because I can spot you a mile away....lol

If you don't like my opinions why do you read my posts and reply and get so personal? Crawl back under my dumpster? original!
Oh. Pardon me. I sincerely apologize for misevaluating the precise motivation for your bizarre, irrational obsession.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:32 PM

672 posts, read 810,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
No, I do not think so. On the whole I do believe cops are doing the best they can with what they know and how people behave towards them. The problem is in upper management. Like other professionals they need to have regular refresher classes that address new laws and how it affects their jobs and what they can and cannot do as well as dealing with situations that may anger them. I don't blame this cop for anything other than losing his cool because she was in no way being rude to him. He should have stepped away and awaited his supervisor, however his own supervisor arrived and basically told the nurse she should have obeyed. Both were incorrect. Why they were incorrect is in question. Did they honestly not know the law or did they disregard the law. If it was the second then they should be reprimanded, if it was the first then the department needs to set up some remedial training of all officers on a periodic basis not just one time.

I do not think the public should shame them, refuse service, or in anyway treat them differently. One day, you will need an officer, and if you previously acted like an ass to them, would you want them to deny you?
One day as a police officer you may need a hospital, doctor and a nurse. How you treat them, well..

Old 09-01-2017, 06:44 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
The situation is already escalating. At first the officer was just reassigned, now he's been put on leave and a prosecutor was investigating.

Because it doesn't take much though to poke holes in the officer's story. He was allegedly there to draw blood from a victim...and do what with it? Let's say they tested in and did actually find the driver was under the influence. That's a misdemeanor. The officer seems pretty worked up over a possible misdemeanor. And he claims the nurse was impeding an investigation....an investigation of what? The patient wasn't accused of anything, so what was the officer investigating?

The bigger question is, what prompted this police officer to go to the hospital in the first place? He wasn't part of the suspect's chase, which means someone had to ask or tell him to go retrieve a blood sample. And then what would he do with it? Just looking at a tube of blood proves nothing. You have to have a lab test it and someone interpret the results, in order for anything to happen. This wasn't just one rogue officer. There were other people cooperating and pulling strings off-camera.

This video will undermine every case this officer is ever involved in, and probably the entire department too.
This is a case of the MSM doing its job..ferreting out the cover-up and exposing the wrong doers.

Kudos.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:47 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,685,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
One day as a police officer you may need a hospital, doctor and a nurse. How you treat them, well..
There's actually a measurable amount of cop/nurse/firefighter/emt crossover in my area - quite a number of people moving from one area to the next. My nursing class was about 50% EMT's, the class ahead of mine was 50% firefighters, and I know there was at least one cop nearing retirement (at 40!) in the class behind mine getting his RN. Probably 20% or more had military experience as well. I'm actually quite surprised one of her coworkers didn't lay the cop out - he was obviously in an irrational rage when he dragged her out to his car.

Wouldn't have been hard to have a couple licensed professionals certify that he was irrational, violent & a danger to others.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:51 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
There really is nothing to argue about here. Dude thought he was right, wouldn't listen to multiple people who tried to tell him that was not the case, and of course it turns out he was dead wrong... and it's been picked up by national media so now he's going to pay.

Oh well. Sucks to be him. Shouldn't have let that badge inflate his ego to such a degree.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you missed my point! is not about those "awful" negroes, it's about how the MSM and the left would cover it if the nurse was black.....you would be one of them because I can spot you a mile away....lol

If you don't like my opinions why do you read my posts and reply and get so personal? Crawl back under my dumpster? original!
It was on the 24 hr news channels, it was on the national nightly news, hell it was even on the local news here in NYC.

ALL OVER THE NEWS. Care to retract yet?

Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Actually it may be law to retrieve blood results from a driver from a crash/injury/death accident. The nurse is probably guilty of obstructing\similar charge

Do a little more research to make sure you're right
You are entirely wrong. Nurse Alex Wubbels was unlawfully handcuffed after she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious victim, in line with hospital policy. Do you think that because she was arrested she was in the wrong? Jeez...

Detective Jeff Payne is an angry ********, the one who was angry and out of control, has been put on leave and there is already a criminal probe into his behavior. The police chief and mayor "have apologized for the incident and changed their policies to mirror hospital protocols".

The Latest: Officer who arrested Utah nurse put on leave - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies