Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 08:46 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because you started the thread trying to ascribe the problem only to the left.
Well, I have to say, their leaders all seem to lean a little too far into the hands of, hey, government what can you give us attitude. When one is constantly leaning on government handouts, one will become accustomed to doing nothing about their own lifestyle, while blaming others they're being picked on.

I don't see Republicans claiming to be the party for every tom, dick or harry, but the party does seem to have a lot of working-class people. While the left is gathering groups as if any of us need their assistance.

If the left gave 2 cents about the Native Americans they would not have spent so much time bringing in illegals to compete against them in the last 8 yrs, don't you think? When did Mr. Obama visit all Indian Reservations, over all Muslim countries?

I'm a little sick of the left thinking all women are in need of protection from the big bad President Trump! A person can only be a liberal Democrat if they're willing to call their selves a victim, otherwise, they can't be a member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 09:22 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
The red-haired stepchild? Really?

Old 09-01-2017, 09:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Recently an Indian guy was beat to death by police while handcuffed. His name is not common household name. Nobody outside seemed to care...at all. It was 2 black cops and 2 women.
and yet, you didn't care enough to post his name.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:07 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
That's it if a word makes one uncomfortable, just redefine it. Problem solved.

Everyone born here is a native American. No one gets to claim that label just for themselves. The so-called natives are no more native than anyone else that was born here. I call them the Amerindians. I refuse to single them as the only natives of this country because they are not.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:10 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and yet, you didn't care enough to post his name.
I posted it in previous threads, you didn't care.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbffZsBXooo

Old 09-01-2017, 11:21 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
THIS ^^^ is dead on

So WHY is so much attention paid by the left to black people's plight when the plight of the NA is far worse, as in, whites tried to ELIMINATE them entirely as a race, nearly succeeded and they have never assimilated, unlike black and gay folks who are in all walks of life.

If the modern day left is so "for" the underdog, how are they not marching for the NAs?

Is it perhaps because they are so poor and such a small number they can't help the left financially?

I think how they are ignored is really effed up.

Whites tried to eliminate them? Why the reference to race? How is that relevant? Sounds like an agenda to me. Why not refer to them as the Europeans instead? There was plenty of atrocities committed by both sides and the different tribes to eliminate each other before the Europeans ever set foot on this soil. If one is going to bring up history at least tell the complete history not just the part that fits your agenda.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:12 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
In my experience, and this is a generalization, Native Americans (or whatever those of you who want to quibble over words want to call them) are very apathetic about national politics and the American political party structure/party politics.

They will align with whomever addresses an issue germane to their existence and condition, but outside of that they are for the most part apolitical with regard to American politics. Tribal politics is an entirely different matter.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Tribal sovereignty might have something to do with that, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies