Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 03:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Very well put.

I don't think most people are racist, or at least not willfully so (ignorance - the bubble - being another issue), but there is no denying that some are. Why is it so controversial to acknowledge that and try to correct it?
how can you legislate how people think??

Old 09-01-2017, 03:52 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
And that's not even really the point of bringing it up. It's not whether the Bundys are racist or not (they may or may not be) - it's the unequal treatment that we give to a bunch of armed white men who overtake government property in a week's long stand off with federal agents. Can you actually, legitimately, picture that same scenario playing out with a group of black men? I certainly cannot.

And then, when it is all over, can you imagine a scenario where those men receive punishment that amounts to little more than a slap on a wrist or a "don't do it again" speech?

The fact that these guys aren't rotting in a jail cell is despicable and embarrassing. We have people (often black) rotting in jail for simply using drugs...yet these militia men get nothing. Disgraceful.
My dad (RIP) was following the Bundy case while he was still alive. It reminded him of Ruby Ridge

Old 09-01-2017, 04:18 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
A football player knelt during the anthem and the country lost its damn mind..

and those some people see the Bundy Ranch guys walk free and applaud...

so yeah, Matt Damon is correct.

that football player said and did a lot more than to kneel during the Nation's anthem....he called all cops PIGS and wore a t-shirt of Fidel Castro praising the dictator for his service to the poor and on top of that he sucks and is overpaid in the NFL......come on man! people have a right to reject his crap. Nobody lost their minds....I didn't see protests and riots against that football player so save the drama for the msm. You might fool some people but not all of us.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:01 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Matt Damon is a blithering idiot. He lives in the Hollywood bubble and he's a Howard Zinn fan.

Nuff said.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:29 PM

1,348 posts, read 792,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Brother, you aren't kidding. I'm humbled as f*ck this week watching my fellow Texans and tons of volunteers from neighboring states pulling together to help each other out. Lots and lots of people that would be lazily labeled as white Southern nationalists have led the charge in offering VAST amounts of rescue, recovery, and assistance to their fellow Americans down here. How can I ever believe the media and tools like Matt Damon when I'm watching a totally different and real world before my very eyes?
Exactly, Nor Cal. Of course humans have degrees of biases, make preliminary judgements, etc. Welcome to humanity, folks. But, are large numbers of Americans fundamentally racist? NO!

But, every individual I have asked to tell me of racist situations they have personally witnessed or heard about from a trusted person in their life.......NOT ONE has come up with a single story to share!!

They all get a confused, deer-in-the-headlights look on their face when asked and then stumble and bumble when they realize they've seen or experienced NONE.

The TV owns your brains, you duped people!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:34 PM

122 posts, read 65,038 times
Linousine liberal

Old 09-01-2017, 05:36 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Exactly, Nor Cal. Of course humans have degrees of biases, make preliminary judgements, etc. Welcome to humanity, folks. But, are large numbers of Americans fundamentally racist? NO!

But, every individual I have asked to tell me of racist situations they have personally witnessed or heard about from a trusted person in their life.......NOT ONE has come up with a single story to share!!

They all get a confused, deer-in-the-headlights look on their face when asked and then stumble and bumble when they realize they've seen or experienced NONE.

The TV owns your brains, you duped people!
I agree with Nor Cal that most people are kind and decent. However, the fact that because no one you know has experienced racism, or chosen to tell you about it, does not mean it doesn't exist. I have had people I trust tell me about times they have felt it, and I have witnessed it first-hand.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 09-01-2017 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: poor wording

Old 09-01-2017, 05:36 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Good actor. Completely sheltered mamma's boy in real life.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
that football player said and did a lot more than to kneel during the Nation's anthem....he called all cops PIGS and wore a t-shirt of Fidel Castro praising the dictator for his service to the poor and on top of that he sucks and is overpaid in the NFL......come on man! people have a right to reject his crap. Nobody lost their minds....I didn't see protests and riots against that football player so save the drama for the msm. You might fool some people but not all of us.
"I wore these socks, in the past, because the rogue cops that are allowed to hold positions in police departments, not only put the community in danger, but also put the cops that have the right intentions in danger by creating an environment of tension and mistrust. I have two uncles and friends who are police officers and work to protect and serve ALL people. So before these socks, which were worn before I took my public stance, are used to distract from the real issues, I wanted to address this immediately."

Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
how can you legislate how people think??
You can't. And when government tries people will push back. When government has tried to legislate morality instead of protecting the rights of the individual it has failed miserably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies