Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times

Advertisements

[Moderator Cut: Off Topic]

The sexual act, if we're talking oral sex or penetration, would likely be damaging to a kid, so I'd draw a line at that.[/quote]
would likely be damaging? You don't have children do you? Children that have been molested have had their whole lives damaged.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-16-2008 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: Off Topic

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
would likely be damaging? You don't have children do you? Children that have been molested have had their whole lives damaged.
You broked the quotes! UGH.

A kid touching someone who is aroused is damaging to the kid? If the kid is not forced to do it then where does the damage come from?

[Moderator Cut: Off Topic]

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-16-2008 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-14-2008, 07:32 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
He's just pointing out that some of those that were stated our debatable. For example, he said getting arousal from touching the child, but it was never stated where. He could be touching her arm and getting aroused. Not to say that there is nothing wrong with it, but some things like that probably won't fit the criteria for molestation. They are wrong regardless, but they may not have the title of molestation. That's his point.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Lets not take the law into our own hands..
Agreed. I'm not condoning vigilante justice.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:43 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
If this were a case of a violent sexual abuse, and/or a repeat offender I would have no problem with the death penalty. In Oregon, a convicted chld sex abuser goes usually to a certain prison and they can be held indefinately. Many are.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:48 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
If its my kid & I catch them theres no need for a death penalty.
Someone mentioned taking the law into our own hands. Realistically in a free society thats what happens anyway. We make the laws & decide the punishment & enforcement.

I have no problem at all with the death penalty but do have some issues with our justice system & how it can be manipulated. If theres any question I dont think it should be used. If theres not then I think it should be used within days of conviction & be open to the public & prison inmates should be MADE to watch.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:51 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I think it should be used within days of conviction & be open to the public & prison inmates should be MADE to watch.
Most inmates will be happy honestly. No matter what crazy things they may have done, you'd be surprised at how many inmates hate child molestors. Criminals care about children too. A lot of them probably have their own. That is why you always here about child molestors being beaten up in prison.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
If its my kid & I catch them theres no need for a death penalty.
Yep. I feel the same way. I'll gladly go to prison for killing anyone who abuses my kids or grandkids.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
If this were a case of a violent sexual abuse, and/or a repeat offender I would have no problem with the death penalty. In Oregon, a convicted chld sex abuser goes usually to a certain prison and they can be held indefinately. Many are.
I lived in Oregon most of my life and I never thought they were tough enough, I know they were not tough enough and child killers, I don't know if it has changed for the better in the last 3-4 years.
Oregon was one state that you were not allowed to know where pedophiles lived because it was an invasion of THEIR privacy, but you could drive right across the bridge to Washington and in that state you can find online where the pedophiles live.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I lived in Oregon most of my life and I never thought they were tough enough, I know they were not tough enough and child killers, I don't know if it has changed for the better in the last 3-4 years.
Oregon was one state that you were not allowed to know where pedophiles lived because it was an invasion of THEIR privacy, but you could drive right across the bridge to Washington and in that state you can find online where the pedophiles live.

There are several websites for here in Oregon as well.

National Sex Offender Registry

The sex offenders are sent to Ontario. Some with short sentences have been held way longer than their sentences. There are now legal means- and the ACLU hates it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies