Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 11:45 AM

22,157 posts, read 19,397,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Very True. Were you upset that Obama bypassed Congress so much and ruled by EO ?
Obama issued the lowest EO's than any recent two term President, and a lower average of EO's than any President going back to Cleveland.

Trump in a little over 7 months has already issued more EO's than any year during the Obama Presidency.and on pace to issue more this year than any recent President.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:55 AM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Trump is in office because McCain and friends have not answered to the American people.

Ensconced in a lifetime career paid for by taxpayers, McCain's bumper sticker response is an insult to the American people.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:56 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,070,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Obama issued the lowest EO's than any recent two term President, and a lower average of EO's than any President going back to Cleveland.

Trump in a little over 7 months has already issued more EO's than any year during the Obama Presidency.and on pace to issue more this year than any recent President.
I wasn't disagreeing with that poster. EO's have been used as a way to bypass Congress and IMO that is wrong no matter which party does it.
Many of Trump's EO's were undoing Obama's EO's.

Obama also used policy changes within agencies to make changes as well as EO's.
He even branded it as "We can't wait".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Can%27t_Wait

Now if one dismisses what your party does while ranting when the other party does the same thing you are just being hypocritical.

FWIW if Trump announced tomorrow we were going to invade some country you can bet your bank account that McCain would be praising him to no end.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:02 PM

22,157 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
I wasn't disagreeing with that poster. EO's have been used as a way to bypass Congress and IMO that is wrong no matter which party does it.
Many of Trump's EO's were undoing Obama's EO's.

Obama also used policy changes within agencies to make changes as well as EO's.
He even branded it as "We can't wait".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Can%27t_Wait

Now if one dismisses what your party does while ranting when the other party does the same thing you are just being hypocritical.

FWIW if Trump announced tomorrow we were going to invade some country you can bet your bank account that McCain would be praising him to no end.

EO's have been used by all sides. I was simply pointing out that Obama issued fewer EO's on average than anyone in over a century. Trump has issued more so far this year than any year during the Obama Presidency and is on pace to issue more this year than any year in decades.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:14 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
I have more respect for McCain that I will ever have for Trump, period. I didn't vote for him, but I didn't vote for Trump either. My one beef with McCain was his running mate, Palin.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:26 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I love it when you talk about West Virginia like that --- because that means you'll never move here. All the slang you use - You're a good fit for Detroit.

Like I said, 41,000 posts....I know a slug even when it's hiding behind the puter screen
Dude...no one has moved to West Virginia in decades. People don't move to West Virginia, they leave West Virginia only.

Stop being silly. What slang did I use, and what's with all this Detroit stuff? I'm from Cochise County Arizona. That's a few thousand miles from Detroit.

In fact, you live 7 hours from Detroit...in a reliable car.

Maybe that's why you're so fascinated with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump is in office because McCain and friends have not answered to the American people.

Ensconced in a lifetime career paid for by taxpayers, McCain's bumper sticker response is an insult to the American people.
Trump is in office because you Republicans fooled yourselves for years that you really believed in all that small government tripe, and you finally realized that it's all a canard and decided to vote for anyone with an R that could win.

Trump won't do anything that McCain didn't.

Besides, you guys voted for all the same Congressional hacks. If you Repubs are so disenchanted with "McCain and friends," why you put them all back in office?

Miss me with that nonsense.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:34 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,076,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whoa, you actually call out McCain for traits like being anti-rules, going against the grain, and craving attention, and yet, you applaud those same traits by your leader ? No one is more of an anti establishment attention seeker than Donald J Trump, no one.

And then there was that part you posted about "growing up". We don't even need to go there because Donald Trump is the most immature, self conscience 70 year old man I have ever seen. He acts and speaks like a 6 year old............a SPOILED 6 year old.
You have that dead wrong. Trump is doing for Americans like no recent president has done. Finally Trump has accomplished so much for the Vets, the business owners,. for people who need a job. Put two pipe lines through ,started our economy. 3% growth. It is getting better for many people. Very Proud of President Trump.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:39 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,436,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You have that dead wrong. Trump is doing for Americans like no recent president has done. Finally Trump has accomplished so much for the Vets, the business owners,. for people who need a job. Put two pipe lines through ,started our economy. 3% growth. It is getting better for many people. Very Proud of President Trump.
As a Vet..Trump hasn't done jack for me. A lot of talk..but I still get the excellent care I always have from the Veterans Admin.
The economic growth is not under the control of the POTUS. Neither is Job growth. Both are reflections of policies in place for the last two years. In about two years, we can talk about the Trump effect.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:13 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

LOL, you keep falling for the lies.Trump has done nothing and gains from anything are all still on Obama and that just kills the GOP ,if it were not for Obama and his polocies we would be in the toilet becuase trump has done nothing ,absolutely nothing.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:47 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
He's 80 years old, close to his death bed, and still wants to fight the Russians.

Only HE doesn't want to fight the Russians, he wants to you and your children to do the fighting instead.

And then by chance if this were to somehow lead to a nuclear exchange, he'd go down below/underground into one of the lavish, state-of-the-art facilities, while all the proles would have to face chaos and destruction above.

He's a truly wonderful, thoughtful man full good intentions....
yeah......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.