Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

When it comes up, talk about it.

Very few times it is brought up by the MSM/Left it actually constitutes racism.
Who gets to define what racism is ?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Who gets to define what racism is ?
I suppose if an issue comes up that you believe involves racism...put it on the table. I'll do likewise. I suspect we will disagree on the overwhelming majority of cases when it comes time to classify.

The MSM/Left have a very low batting average using this technique.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:07 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
What are you looking for then?
A heterogeneous population of people. It's one of the reasons why I chose to live in CA.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
A heterogeneous population of people. It's one of the reasons why I chose to live in CA.
Pacific Beach is 84% white.

And it's the 46th most "diverse" neighborhood in San Diego. There are 48 neighborhoods.

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...o-area/?page=2

You did a terrible job of picking a localized area for diversity.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Pacific Beach is 84% white.

And it's the 46th most "diverse" neighborhood in San Diego. There are 48 neighborhoods.

https://www.niche.com/places-to-live...o-area/?page=2

You did a terrible job of picking a localized area for diversity.
Tell me what it is where I work in San Marcos and Oceanside. I can tell you what it is for the population that I teach.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Tell me what it is where I work in San Marcos and Oceanside. I can tell you what it is for the population that I teach.
One of those "I can work among them but not live next door to them" liberals?

Old 09-03-2017, 12:43 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Ha ha... reminds of me of apartment hunting in Arlington, VA with a girlfriend long ago. She told the building manager "we want to live in a diverse area" and I chimed in agreeing. The term didn't exist yet, but instantly realized that I was I lying virtue signaller. The only thing that really mattered, even more than the price of the apartment, was that the building not be in a high crime, majority black neighborhood.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:17 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Agreed.

I don't understand how having a racially diverse population lends itself to an area attaining high quality of life benchmarks.

If they can educate me on it...I'll be more than happy to learn. I think it's made up though.
So basically what you're saying is that you're okay with an entire region or state encouraging white people to move ther, but not minorities?

Old 09-03-2017, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Ha ha... reminds of me of apartment hunting in Arlington, VA with a girlfriend long ago. She told the building manager "we want to live in a diverse area" and I chimed in agreeing. The term didn't exist yet, but instantly realized that I was I lying virtue signaller. The only thing that really mattered, even more than the price of the apartment, was that the building not be in a high crime, majority black neighborhood.
What mattered to me the most was being as close to the Pacific Ocean as possible. I bought a house in Spring Valley and lived in El Cajon. Crime rates don't scare me - - 105 degree temperatures do.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
So basically what you're saying is that you're okay with an entire region or state encouraging white people to move ther, but not minorities?
Where did you get that from?

I'm saying that people who value high quality of life benchmarks (good schools, low crime, infrastructure, good medical, reasonable COL, community involvement) don't say "send us (insert racial group)".

They say "send us folks who share these values regardless of race".

Unless you believe these traits can only be attained thru having a racially diverse population I don't know how this doesn't make sense.

If that's the case you're not only wrong you're absolutely insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies