Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 01:36 PM

11,906 posts, read 5,545,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I didn't know you had it in you. Great post. Nutjobs on both sides do not define the entirety of R or D or left or right.

Thanks. +1
It was a good post. Actually, I think most people know that, although it's hard to tell around here, sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 02:49 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,814,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Come on, Colorado. Let's he reasonable here. The actions of 10,000 extremist liberals DO NOT represent the views and opinions of tens of millions of more level-headed liberals/democrats. You 100% agree with that, right?????
No I don't agree.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

The dems have legalized discrimination against whites and are protecting foreign invaders on the tax payers dime. Not to mention SPYING on law abiding citizens.

It's not what you say, it's what you do.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,078,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The dems have legalized discrimination against whites and are protecting foreign invaders on the tax payers dime. Not to mention SPYING on law abiding citizens.
Couldn't disagree with you more, but agree to disagree. All good.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:44 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,814,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Couldn't disagree with you more, but agree to disagree. All good.
Your agreement matters not. They are verifiable facts.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,143,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Meh. She's cray cray. It's a fringe opinion supported by fringe groups.
Uh it's a he. Hormones won't change DNA.

Ahh yes, a gender confused idiot got fired.

Tough.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:06 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,251,717 times
No, the sentiments of this model are not indicative of the thoughts of everyone who is a member of some party, everyone who is left of center, etc.

Claiming this represents an entire "side" is unproductive, especially if you're hoping to build consensus that these are indeed bad ideas. All that does is turn something into ammunition to lob across the wall, putting people on the defensive and ensuring a paucity of agreement.

At the same time, pretending this post-modern point of view isn't building in prevalence and acceptance and scope, and essentially ignoring it, is also unproductive. This was the thinking that fueled the debacle at Evergreen State College this past spring, something which many antifa / social justice / regressives saw as a success which should be executed on more campuses this year.

This is illiberalism. Apart from the firing part, about which I already gave my split thoughts, I think this kind of mindset should be roundly criticized by clear-thinking people no matter their political positions otherwise. Not attributed to a wide range of ideological opponents... and not minimized as if it's a miniscule strand of a tiny fringe.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:08 PM

1,251 posts, read 1,072,076 times
So they fired an unstable, mentally ill employee? Good riddance!

Old 09-02-2017, 04:12 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,658,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
L

The SJWs aren't going to like this one. L'Oreal fires a transgendered woman who says all white people are violent. Wonder if they'll boycott the company?
She said something dumb, she is a paid spokesperson, they are completely within their rights to fire her for saying something dumb. As probably one of the most liberal people on this forum, I support the right of private companies like L'Oréal to fire people who make the company look bad by saying racist things.

I also support the right of people to choose to spend their money else where. I for one don't buy L'Oréal products so it is a nonissue.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,078,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Your agreement matters not. They are verifiable facts.
That goes both ways, FYI. I think you're wrong but I'm okay with you thinking you're right.

Just sayin.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:18 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,658,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Her position...

“When I stated that ‘all white people are racist,’ I was addressing that fact that western society as a whole, is a SYSTEM rooted in white supremacy — designed to benefit, prioritize and protect white people before anyone of any other race,”

...is very mainstream left, the same thing you might hear from any race activist or ______-studies prof on any college campus.
And again as a liberal I would say to her, "you are of course welcome to that opinion and I am sorry you feel it was misconstrued but your words were chosen poorly enough that you made your company look bad. It is literally your job to make them look good. They are completely within their rights to fire you. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies