Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 01:06 PM

449 posts, read 495,380 times

Advertisements

It will go one way or another. States are currently suing over the law and it will not stand legal muster. Best for Trump to get rid of DACA and deport those illegals along with their illegal parents. Case closed.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
It will go one way or another. States are currently suing over the law and it will not stand legal muster. Best for Trump to get rid of DACA and deport those illegals along with their illegal parents. Case closed.
The AG from Tennessee who joined the lawsuit, now says it's a mistake to do away with DACA.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ssee-dream-act

Quote:
“There is a human element to this, however, that is not lost on me and should not be ignored,” state Attorney General Herbert H. Slatery III wrote a letter to the state’s senators, Sen. Lamar Alexander (R) and Sen. Bob Corker (R). “Many of the DACA recipients, some of whose records I reviewed, have outstanding accomplishments and laudable ambitions, which if achieved, will be of great benefit and service to our country. They have an appreciation for the opportunities afforded them by our country.”

He wrote that his office had changed its mind and “decided not to challenge DACA in the litigation.” He urged his state’s senators to support a “better approach”: granting permanent legal status to the immigrants currently covered by DACA, by supporting and passing the DREAM Act, proposed in its latest iteration by Sen. Richard Durbin (D-IL) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

Old 09-02-2017, 01:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so If I entered China illegally with my 2-year-old son and get busted 10 years later well China will deport me and my son back to the U.S.A......How is that inhumane?........I put myself and my son in that position when I entered China illegally. That is not China's problem but mine.

China is not going to deport me and keep my minor son in China because that's the only country my child knows or some silly reason.
So we are holding ourselves to the same standard as China now?

Is that what MAGA means?

Old 09-02-2017, 01:38 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Letting DACA go on will surely bring in more illegals. There must be an endt to allowing illegals to stay. This will of course sent the message that we are weak on illegal immigration and NOTHING WILL CHANGE . It will be a big mistake to keep it.
I could not agree more. Where do we as a Country draw the line and make exceptions on going. Dreamers and their parents choose to carry on for 20 years without lifting a finger, to integrated in this country legally.

No one said, it would not be easy. Now since the Dreamers have put them selves in this spot with noels to blame.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:19 PM

89,010 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Well they aren't here illegally if they have work authorization, are they?
Actually, they are. There is no law that gives them permission to be here illegally.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:22 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It would be a humanitarian disaster to the American people not to end DACA! No one is talking about rounding up illegal aliens en masse.
It's also you who who says nothing to worry about because there are more Mexicans leaving the country than entering. Who "rounded them up?"

Old 09-02-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is the height of stupidity and the abyss of bigotry that we would deport people we paid tens of thousands to educate up to and including PhD's and MDs in some cases.
Congress could easily pass a law to make what you want happen legally. Obama had both houses of congress and did nothing. Are you mad at him?

Old 09-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
So some British rag comes all over the ocean to conduct an immigration poll HERE? Just cover your own race riots.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Many still have relatives in their homelands so yes there is a family connection and a cultural connection. That's what makes your analogy laughable. The reasonable thing is to enforce our immigration laws and to deport them along with their law breaking parents.
Funny how family reunification works only if it pads Democrat voting block.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
My understanding is that it won't be open to people moving forward. They will seal it off and just allow the existing recipients to be grandfathered in. Even under Obama there was a sunset date of June 15, 2007 and after that date if you were brought here illegally you aren't eligible.
They weren't eligible for driver's license, free public education, medicaid, and work permit. But they are now. If current laws aren't enforced, what makes you think future laws would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies