Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
I heard a story on the news about a family both parents went to ivy league colleges and now have a child together and are married but are so afraid they will have to be deported.

Why haven't they applied for citizenship ? They were able to apply for a number of other things in this country.
Just think what all of these highly educated people could do for their home countries if they went back. You'd think their countries would roll out the red carpet for them looking at them as saviors, unless...

Old 09-08-2017, 07:59 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I believe Donald Trump has BETRAYED us. I think by refusing to get rid of DACA pronto and by bowing to Schumer on the debt ceiling, I think he , the Democrats, and the RINOs intend to pass DACA without looking like it (which they would if they voted YES on the Bridge Act). So then the Democrats and RINOs will put DACA in there and then they'll say "But we HAVE to pass it. We CAN'T shut down the government!" Then Trump will "cave", citing the same. Then, once DACA is passed, later, some Democrats and RINOs will whine "But what about the parents?" and soon, they'll try and pass DAPA through Congress, and, of course, one thing will lead to another and we'll get full blown Amnesty for tens of millions of invaders, oops, excuse me, I meant "Dreamers" and "undocumented immigrants".

That's my fear also.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:04 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
4 years Mandatory Military service to this country, to prove just how loyal they are, to the Red, White & Blue.

Nope, they all need to go home.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:09 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
DAPA is unlikely. DACA is to be expected.

If you sincerely feel Trump has betrayed then my theory about many Trump voters is correct. You guys hear what you want.

I've been a Trump critic for a while (though his recent ability to work with Democrats and surprisingly well reasoned response to DACA have softened me... I'm surprised by this frankly... he's still got a lot of work to do though), but even I knew he didn't take the hardliner "tough guy" stance on illegal immigrants who were brought here as children. Your shock is evidence that you only heard the screeching of MAGA and didn't actually pay attention to the rest of the campaign. This isn't a betrayal; this is you not paying enough attention.

Indeed, a replacement law for DACA is probably inevitable. If Trump keeps up the trend of not governing like a fool, he might promise to sign DACA in exchange for funding for his wall or some other law that tightens border security.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:12 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You're right, Trump almost does seem as though he's beginning to stab his base in the back. It's interesting to observe... it may be that even he's figured out that he needs both popular and congressional support and approval to actually wield the power of the presidency and accomplish goals - and that the stupid crap that his fanbase wants to see happen is so toxic and so vile that if he really insists on doing it, Congress and the rest of the electorate won't cooperate. And he won't get to exercise his power and succeed at anything. He may be starting to realize that the only way he's going to chalk up any wins at all is by doing what the Democrats want him to do.

This may become interesting if it continues to develop along these lines...
beginning? dude has been lying to his base from the jump.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:13 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
DAPA is unlikely. DACA is to be expected.

If you sincerely feel Trump has betrayed then my theory about many Trump voters is correct. You guys hear what you want.

I've been a Trump critic for a while (though his recent ability to work with Democrats and surprisingly well reasoned response to DACA have softened me... I'm surprised by this frankly... he's still got a lot of work to do though), but even I knew he didn't take the hardliner "tough guy" stance on illegal immigrants who were brought here as children. Your shock is evidence that you only heard the screeching of MAGA and didn't actually pay attention to the rest of the campaign. This isn't a betrayal; this is you not paying enough attention.

Indeed, a replacement law for DACA is probably inevitable. If Trump keeps up the trend of not governing like a fool, he might promise to sign DACA in exchange for funding for his wall or some other law that tightens border security.
In reality it will be some sort of compromise. It's also reality illegal immigration has been reversed just by the guy getting into office based on fear. It's also reality that if the alcoholic were elected we'd be overrun with illegals by now.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There are limits to my approval and this would be the limit. No amnesty and get these illegals out of our country. That is why I voted for him and I am already mad my son has to deal with that horrible insurance mess. McCain's name is mud and Trump's name will be too if he doesn't watch himself. Nothing is being done right.
you fell for the lies.. sorry.

It's not going to happen.

I almost feel like you guys knew it but lied to yourselves. Why would you believe Trump? The guy is a Billionaire and sells ties made in China.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
In reality it will be some sort of compromise. It's also reality illegal immigration has been reversed just by the guy getting into office based on fear. It's also reality that if the alcoholic were elected we'd be overrun with illegals by now.
wait, I thought we were already overrun with them and this is why you elected Trump?

Old 09-08-2017, 08:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You're right, Trump almost does seem as though he's beginning to stab his base in the back. It's interesting to observe... it may be that even he's figured out that he needs both popular and congressional support and approval to actually wield the power of the presidency and accomplish goals - and that the stupid crap that his fanbase wants to see happen is so toxic and so vile that if he really insists on doing it, Congress and the rest of the electorate won't cooperate. And he won't get to exercise his power and succeed at anything. He may be starting to realize that the only way he's going to chalk up any wins at all is by doing what the Democrats want him to do.

This may become interesting if it continues to develop along these lines...
I don't think he intends to stab his base in the back - but I sure do think he likes the idea of stabbing Paul Ryan and McConnell in the back.

And that is exactly what he did.

The Republicans failed him on healthcare; he's really not beholden to their party; he could care LESS about the Republican party. If working with Chuck and Nancy will give him a win - then he's gonna do it.

Now, I'm not sure how long this will last but yeah; he totally struck it to the tea partiers in Congress.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:21 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
I heard a story on the news about a family both parents went to ivy league colleges and now have a child together and are married but are so afraid they will have to be deported.

Why haven't they applied for citizenship ? They were able to apply for a number of other things in this country.
If you are in this country illegally you can't apply for citizenship, you have to apply from your home country. If you were in the US illegally for less than 180 days you are barred from re-entry for 3 years, if you are here illegally for more than 180 days you are barred from re-entry for 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies