Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 AM

25,400 posts, read 17,077,759 times

Advertisements

More hysteria and tomfoolery from the left in this thread. And more predictions of what will happen with The Wall. Not much reading of actual news, though.

I love the "Trump finally caved on DACA" comments. It shows absolutely no knowledge of current events or even current positions on DACA.

As long as we have Democrats like these posters, our Republican politicians are safe.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 AM

1,235 posts, read 728,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Trump is really smart at playing to different audiences and fooling all of them.

Ivanka talks quite a bit about that in here book...about catering ones message to different audiences and being "the one" to everyone. It's a good line for anyone in business or politics.

So far, Trump admin has been pretty moderate....and as a moderate Republican globalist in the vein of Bush, Romney, Reagan, etc...I've been thrilled. He catered to the far right nut jobs for votes, but has done nothing for them.

This is a great time for America!
Yeah, Trump's a New Yorker. He was never so off the wall until he decided he'd run for President. He's not really a Republican or a Conservative either. Anyone who knows his life's work and his personal story knows he's not. I'm very pleased things are beginning to turn around.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,580,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
It does not matter if they are contributing or not, they all need to go back. Every American job should go to an American. Every DACA person competes with an American for housing, education and jobs.
Agreed. This "but they're contributing" argument is nonsense. They have unfairly jumped the line for jobs and seats in college that rightfully should've gone to American citizens or legal immigrants. If someone breaks into my house and starts washing the dishes and vacuuming the carpet, I still want them out--I don't care how spotless they're getting the place!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,081,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Let's wait and see where the flip flop lands. If he follows through, then props to him, but the way he changes positions multiple times a day I'm not holding my breath.
You've got a point there LOL. Guess I should hold off on praising Trump for the first time since he's been POTUS until he makes it official on paper.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:39 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,109,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Do you wear blinders? Because you certainly don't see very well.

There was never a complete revocation of the DACA authorizations issued by the US Government. There was a halt to the program of issuing any new authorizations and letting the current authorizations expire. The two sisters I mentioned were issued authorizations two weeks ago for a period of two years. They will get those two years of legality no matter what revocations are issued.

This wet dream you have of all DACAs reporting to ICE for immediate deportation in 6 months is not going to happen. If and when DACA dies it will die a slow death through attrition or it will disappear very fast with an act of the legislature by replacing it with a bill for permanent residency.

That's your hard truth, scooter. Get used to it.
I don't know anyone expecting or demanding immediate deportation. Simply that in 6 months, the renewals cease and in two years DACA will become a footnote in history.

Although in reality, DACA is just a bargaining chip. It's something the Dems hold dear while being a very minor concern of the Reps. It will be traded, if not directly for a wall, for strong border security measures and illegal immigration enforcement.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:40 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,416,417 times
So if Congress passes a law that protects DACA recipients, should Trump receive praise from all those who attacked him for ending DACA? You have to remember, even Obama couldn't get Congress to pass a Dream Act like bill. I'm not a Trump fan, nor anyone's fan, but this would be something of a miracle to force Congress' hand.

Still you have presidents doing something for everyone except black people.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 AM

88,697 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
Do you wear blinders? Because you certainly don't see very well.

There was never a complete revocation of the DACA authorizations issued by the US Government.
DACA will expire in less than 6 months. No new applications are being processed. When illegal aliens' current DACA stay of deportation has expired, that's it.

Buh bye illegal aliens.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 AM

Wow....I logged on to so much good news coming from the POTUS today.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
So if Congress passes a law that protects DACA recipients, should Trump receive praise from all those who attacked him for ending DACA? You have to remember, even Obama couldn't get Congress to pass a Dream Act like bill. I'm not a Trump fan, nor anyone's fan, but this would be something of a miracle to force Congress' hand.

Still you have presidents doing something for everyone except black people.
You remember why that didn't happen under Obama?

1. Obama was Black
2. The GOP of the Senate and the House (full decks) obstructed everything he did cause they could

Of course, they want to take credit for these pieces of legislation from a "supposed" GOP POTUS and a full deck in the Senate and the House. Duhhhhhhhhh

Old 09-14-2017, 09:47 AM

88,697 posts, read 44,470,964 times
Quote:
This wet dream you have of all DACAs reporting to ICE for immediate deportation in 6 months is not going to happen.
Seriously? The DACAs registered with the Fed Government. They know exactly who and where they are. Duh.

Buh bye illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies