Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 12:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
DACA recipients are not Americans, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS! I cannot believe you didn't understand this with everything that has been in the news. They are foreign invaders that came with their parents who also feel they are owed everything an American citizen has. Illegal aliens parents demand equality and "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" with their children demanding equality.
You folks are intractable, blind fools.
DACA holders are legal residents. It specifically says so on the back of the cards they are issued by the federal government. Albeit for a period of only two years but the federal government has granted them legal residency for a period of two years. I've seen and read the card, just yesterday. With Work permits, ability to get state driver's licenses in all 50 states and legal, permanent social security numbers.

You keep repeating the lie over and over and over that they are illegal but the federal government says they are legal residents.
They are only illegal in the 6 inches of space between your ears and Taratova's.. Get over it.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
For the first time, Trump has decided to be President for all Americans and not just his white nationalist base. I hope we see more of this.
What percentage of America is White Nationalist?

Old 09-14-2017, 12:05 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would solve the DACA problem by making these people US citizens, just as their brothers and sisters that were born here, as soon as possible.
Which would allow them to immediately file a petition for residency for their illegal parents and their brothers and sisters who weren't born here. Thus they become "anchor babies".

Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Never thought I'd say it, but good for Trump.

Of course, he could change his mind about all of it this afternoon. But for now at least, way to go!

And I also recognize that he's not motivated by any desire to have a rational immigration policy, but because he gets to **** off McConnell and Ryan and because Pelosi and Schumer are undoubtedly flattering him and praising him to get what they want. But I'm okay with it.

Yep, 'flattery' is all it takes with this NARCISIST NUT-JOB,LOL,LOL,LOL!

It has always seemed to me that the Dems are willing to work with the GOP, but THE PARTY OF HATE.....N-E-V-ER wants bipartisanship! You see most are LIVID right now, which I find hilarious!

Old 09-14-2017, 12:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You folks are intractable, blind fools.
DACA holders are legal residents. It specifically says so on the back of the cards they are issued by the federal government. Albeit for a period of only two years but the federal government has granted them legal residency for a period of two years. I've seen and read the card, just yesterday. With Work permits, ability to get state driver's licenses in all 50 states and legal, permanent social security numbers.

You keep repeating the lie over and over and over that they are illegal but the federal government says they are legal residents.
They are only illegal in the 6 inches of space between your ears and Taratova's.. Get over it.
They are illegal. DACA is illegal pushed by an executive order by Obama, not through congress.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
DACA recipients are not Americans, they are ILLEGAL ALIENS! I cannot believe you didn't understand this with everything that has been in the news. They are foreign invaders that came with their parents who also feel they are owed everything an American citizen has. Illegal aliens parents demand equality and "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" with their children demanding equality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What do you mean Americans.. they are illegals .. what a farce.. our government watches out first for illegals , then Americans.. so does the dems and rinos. globalists.. you have no rights as an American citizen when our government fights for the rights of illegals before Americans.. this is globalism .

OUr elected officials are put there for the rights of Americans.. supposedly. Not anymore. We tax payers pay for the lawyers who defend illegals.. do they pay for your lawyers when you do something illegal?. NO.

Just break the law and find out. My friend got a ticket driving a tractor trailer. The back end of the trailer went through the red light. They told him if he didn't have a lawyer he would be found guilty if he represented himself. He was found guilty representing himself and it cost him $875.00. No justice for Americans.
And yet, Trump loves them. His recent tweets:
Quote:
Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
and
Quote:
..They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
That must really chap your hide!

Old 09-14-2017, 12:11 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would solve the DACA problem by making these people US citizens, just as their brothers and sisters that were born here, as soon as possible.
And the next wave of Illegals will be right behind them asking for the same entitlements. What a terrible idea.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:11 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I would grant all of them citizenship just as their brothers and sisters that were born in this country.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
So, he went from building a massive wall which is paid by Mexicans, to fixing Obama's fences, and from kicking illegals out to granting them amnesty...

Old 09-14-2017, 12:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Which would allow them to immediately file a petition for residency for their illegal parents and their brothers and sisters who weren't born here. Thus they become "anchor babies".
When all other arguments fail, run the tried and true "Slippery Slope", gambit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies