Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,344,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The fact is that the border wall is being built, and has begun with improvements to existing sections. It is underway ...but the so-called "mainstream" Media doesn't want you to know.
I'm fascinated by this. Please share, which parts of the existing sections are getting something beyond routine maintenance, and what is your source?

Old 09-15-2017, 05:09 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Sure, that's why breitbart is calling trump "Amnesty Don"...

Breitbart News Dubs Trump

Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I'm fascinated by this. Please share, which parts of the existing sections are getting something beyond routine maintenance, and what is your source?
And, are the "improvements' being funded with new money now, or were they already funded when trump showed up? You know how he loves to take responsibility for other people's work. Since the media won't tell us....

Old 09-15-2017, 05:21 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I think people are asking you to put up or shut up, nonsenseguy. You made a pretty bold statement there, that the wall IS being built. Now, we want proof. I think no one will be more surprised than Donald Trump, if it is, because no one has told him yet.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:23 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The fact is that the border wall is being built, and has begun with improvements to existing sections. It is underway ...but the so-called "mainstream" Media doesn't want you to know.
Nice spin..but no--the improvements being built and planned have nothing at all to do with the 'wall' Trump proposed.

But if it comforts you....

Old 09-15-2017, 05:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
WoW!

Sounds like from the topic title, the OP thinks Obamacare was indeed a failure.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:55 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WoW!

Sounds like from the topic title, the OP thinks Obamacare was indeed a failure.
LOL! Really Waldo..that's all you got? Off topic much?

Old 09-15-2017, 05:56 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I LIVE NEAR THE BORDER.
NO hospitals have closed here. In fact here in little ol' Benson a brand new medical facility is being built and a new (larger) hospital opened just two years ago in nearby Sierra Vista. Hospitals here in SE Arizona (in Cochise County no less - one of the places rightwing fearmongers always make out to be a "war zone") are doing JUST FINE. Lots and lots of older folks retiring here every day - hence the need for more medical facilities. Hospitals are OPENING here - not CLOSING. The only exception to that along the border is in Douglas where the hospital closed after repeated safety violations - NOTHING to do with "illegals".

Stop with the blatantly racist LIES. You have no clue what you are talking about. I LIVE near the border, so don't spout a bunch of racist neo-NAZI lies and expect me to accept it. You folks are lying through your teeth.

"Published in the San Pedro Valley News-Sun Aug 16, 2017 Chiricahua Community Health Center’s Benson presence took a step forward Monday toward a more prominent and permanent role in the community.

A groundbreaking ceremony Monday afternoon brought CCHC officials and board members, as well as representatives from the community, City of Benson, Benson Hospital and other professional entities...."

Chiricahua Community Health Center - Benson News-Sun - Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc. : Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc.

"(Sierra Vista, AZ – January 22, 2015) –Officials at Sierra Vista Regional Health Center (SVRHC) announced that the new 100-bed facility is scheduled to open and begin seeing patients on April 23, 2015. Groundbreaking for the facility was held on October 16, 2013...."

Sierra Vista Regional Health Center Announces New Hospital Grand Opening Date; New Name – New 100-bed hospital to open on April 23 | Canyon Vista Medical Center

Ken
Sure , the paying customers you mentioned are funding the bospital. You mention many retirees are moving there.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:00 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
LOL! Really Waldo..that's all you got? Off topic much?
Not off topic at all. The OP obviously is referring to Obama's infamous line about Obamacare. So... Obama was a liar about Obamacare and Obamacare is a failure. If one doesn't believe that, then this topic makes absolutely no sense at all.

It's like somenone attempting to win argument that knife is sharp, by slitting their own wrist.

It irony is quite delicious. Don't you agree?

Old 09-15-2017, 06:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
It's hard to take the Right seriously even as haters- they flip-flop so easily.

DACA is good to go - and this time it will likely be permanent instead of temp.
Secondly, the #1 funder of the GOP and Libertarian causes are the...wait...Koch Brothers! For those not familiar with their mutated strand of "Libertarianism", it's basically this:
1. There is no nation - it's a whole world.
2. Because of that, free markets and open borders are the key
3. I don't want to pay for a nation - so lower my taxes so I can be worth 70 Billion as opposed to 50.
4. Legalize Drugs.

I hope I have taught you something today. The Piper always calls the tune.

Here is the Republican - Koch Owned - Cato Institute on immigration:
https://www.cato.org/research/immigration

"The overriding impact of immigrants is to strengthen and enrich American culture, increase the total output of the economy, and raise the standard of living of American citizens. Immigrants are advantageous to the United States for several reasons: (1) Since they are willing to take a chance in a new land, they are self-selected on the basis on motivation, risk taking, work ethic, and other attributes beneficial to a nation. (2) They tend to come to the United States during their prime working years (the average age is 28), and they contribute to the workforce and make huge net contributions to old-age entitlement programs, primarily Social Security. (3) Immigrants tend to fill niches in the labor market where demand is highest relative to supply, complementing rather than directly competing with American workers. (4) Many immigrants arrive with extremely high skill levels, and virtually all, regardless of skill level, bring a strong desire to work. (5) Their children tend to reach high levels of achievement in American schools and in society at large."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies