Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 08:06 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times

Advertisements

Thank God. Making AMERICA great again.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:07 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Tie the repeal of Obamacare to a legalization of DACA law and lets see how many Democrats vote for it.

Gotta give to get.
Too large of an ask and too irrelevant. They won't bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its not the far right that is whining or abandoning the democrat party. Its the blue collar democrats that have been abandoned by the party when the party puts the interest of illegals ahead of citizens.

The best idea I've heard is giving congress 6 months to pass immigration reform and include in it funding for the wall. If they can't do it then DACA ends. That is actually the best solution for everyone. IMO
This right here is how it should be played. Pass a law making DACA permanent but start enforcing the border for real on a go-forward basis.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:09 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Source?
I won't provide sources to easily accessed information. There have been dozens of high profile crimes. If you haven't been interested in these crimes before, I won't waste my time trying to convince you....which would be futile anyway.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:09 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times
From what I've read reactionwise both sides think that they've won.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Many "DACA kids" who have been allowed legal status have committed horrible crimes. One crime by an illegal is unacceptable.
How moronic.

DACA kids wen through the same screening that other immigrants who go through the regular legal process. The bad hombres were weeded out.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:14 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Many "DACA kids" who have been allowed legal status have committed horrible crimes. One violent crime committed by an illegal is unacceptable.
One? ,,, tell that to that kid - a paramedic -- rescuing people in Houston - I have sources too, and the numbers are small

Old 09-03-2017, 08:15 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I don't agree with this. DACA kids are not the problem. They have already been vetted and in society. This was done to appease Trump's base. He has to hold onto the 30-35% who still support him or its all over.

Any Trumpsters who think DACA kids are really a big problem try to intelligently explain why. I said intelligently.
Not to muddy the emotional waters with facts, however I read that there is a lawsuit to end DACA which will proceed on September 5th if the President doesn't end the program before then. The basis for this lawsuit is the illegality of Obama's executive order which spawned DACA and it is the same as the other amnesty executive order which the courts already overturned. In other words, the lawsuit is indefensible.

So, either Trump kills it today, or the courts kill it later. Either way, it's DEAD.

Of course, if you feel better blaming Trump the Heartless, feel free to carry on. But do consider this. Had Obama done the proper and LEGAL thing and put this before Congress, it might have become law and there wouldn't be this problem.

Either way, equal application of the law is an important policy which must be upheld. How would you feel if Trump signed an executive order stating that only white men can deduct their mortgage interest on their tax returns ? See what I mean ?

Old 09-03-2017, 08:16 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
Quote:
I won't provide sources to easily accessed information. There have been dozens of high profile crimes. If you haven't been interested in these crimes before, I won't waste my time trying to convince you....which would be futile anyway.
Really? Committed by DACA recipients? If it's so easily accessed, please post some links.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
Thank god! I spent a lot of years in staffing business doing temp to hire work DACA KILLED our business. We were situated in a predominantly black area after DACA all the businesses stopped using our labor and started hiring hispanic non-citizens at lower wages. This was an EXTREMELY Anti-BLACK AMERICAN law, They even made it so the DACA people were counted as the same for the diversity standards. I remember there was a cold storage place that went from a predominantly black workplace to an almost exclusively hispanic workplace after DACA legitimately fired all their black workers and hired non-citizens at lower wages. I would be willing to bet wages jump and black youth unemployment drop significantly.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,655 times
Why are people so interested in keeping illegal people here? If I broke into your house, are you going to let me move in because I wash the dishes and clean the yard once in a while. Lol. I don't understand how you can call yourself an American and just ignore immigration laws.

Anyway.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies