Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 08:25 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
How moronic.

DACA kids wen through the same screening that other immigrants who go through the regular legal process. The bad hombres were weeded out.

Not all of them. There was a recent case where a DACA recipient was scheduled for deportation because he had known ties to a couple of gangs. He even had a gang tattoo. It's not that easy to weed out the bad hombres.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:26 PM

957 posts, read 758,154 times
This young lady was brought to the United States from El Salvador at the age of 5 and doesn't know anything about the country tRump wants to deport her.
Has she broken any laws, Nope
Is she trying to be productive, Yes.
Tell us trumpsters, why should she be deported? Unlike Joe Arpaio who did break the law and was pardoned, she hasn't broken any laws.
Undocumented 'Dreamers' are praying that Trump won't abolish DACA | The Sacramento Bee

Old 09-03-2017, 08:26 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Not to muddy the emotional waters with facts, however I read that there is a lawsuit to end DACA which will proceed on September 5th if the President doesn't end the program before then. The basis for this lawsuit is the illegality of Obama's executive order which spawned DACA and it is the same as the other amnesty executive order which the courts already overturned. In other words, the lawsuit is indefensible.

So, either Trump kills it today, or the courts kill it later. Either way, it's DEAD.

Of course, if you feel better blaming Trump the Heartless, feel free to carry on. But do consider this. Had Obama done the proper and LEGAL thing and put this before Congress, it might have become law and there wouldn't be this problem.

Either way, equal application of the law is an important policy which must be upheld. How would you feel if Trump signed an executive order stating that only white men can deduct their mortgage interest on their tax returns ? See what I mean ?
Don't start a Rumor, someone might run with that one ! I think Obama was trying to get the stupid congress to act and took a leap hoping it work itself out, same with Cuba, stupid congress is to blame for doing NOTHING about an old immigration system. It does not work . But 6 month very little time, but some, not the American majority, give a rats azz about these kids.
Courts play with time, sept could be delayed to January Bla Bla. Means nothing as long as meet the 7 yr deadlines. By then might have a new prez.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Thank god! I spent a lot of years in staffing business doing temp to hire work DACA KILLED our business. We were situated in a predominantly black area after DACA all the businesses stopped using our labor and started hiring hispanic non-citizens at lower wages. This was an EXTREMELY Anti-BLACK AMERICAN law, They even made it so the DACA people were counted as the same for the diversity standards. I remember there was a cold storage place that went from a predominantly black workplace to an almost exclusively hispanic workplace after DACA legitimately fired all their black workers and hired non-citizens at lower wages. I would be willing to bet wages jump and black youth unemployment drop significantly.

From what I understand Obama gave incentives to some employers to hire DACAs also.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:31 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From what I understand Obama gave incentives to some employers to hire DACAs also.
Yea the DACA employment rate is damn near 100% while we have Black AMERICAN youth employment at 45%. Obviously there's also an eliment where businesses tend to think Hispanics are more productive(My black workers were very productive mind you) & they know they can hire them cheaper. It was a racist law, period.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:32 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
GOP 2017 Dream Act, talked about in Congress last week, now has 6 months to get a signature.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:34 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
I know Congress will do the right thing and pass a law legalizing these kids.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:35 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Not to muddy the emotional waters with facts, however I read that there is a lawsuit to end DACA which will proceed on September 5th if the President doesn't end the program before then. The basis for this lawsuit is the illegality of Obama's executive order which spawned DACA and it is the same as the other amnesty executive order which the courts already overturned. In other words, the lawsuit is indefensible.

So, either Trump kills it today, or the courts kill it later. Either way, it's DEAD.
Perhaps you should read a little further. 10 states are trying to block DACA, Tennessee pulled out on Sep. 1st. So 9 states are trying to block DACA. Trump does not want to look soft to his base so he caves on this.

There is no slam dunk on the lawsuit. Why did not the GOP sue to block the original executive order like the left has done with Trump's exec orders? Good question? They let it go on for 5 years, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
This young lady was brought to the United States from El Salvador at the age of 5 and doesn't know anything about the country tRump wants to deport her too.
Has she broken any laws, Nope
Is she trying to be productive, Yes.
Tell us trumpsters, why should she be deported? Unlike Joe Arpaio who did break the law and was pardoned, she hasn't broken any laws.
Undocumented 'Dreamers' are praying that Trump won't abolish DACA | The Sacramento Bee

You might try spelling Trump the correct way and knock off the Trumpster crap or you lose all credibility. She learned about her homeland from her parents, the language and the culture. Just because her parents brought her here illegally she shouldn't benefit from it. Allowing her to stay rewards her parents for doing so also. I'm sure most of these kids still have family in their homelands. Americans are trying to be productive also. It's hard to do when they have to compete with illegal aliens for jobs.

Either we are a nation of laws or we're not. Arpaio is a totally different topic. I suggest you visit the many topics about him in here already. There's a difference between pardoning 1 person and pardoning 800,000 who will be competing for jobs and resources against Americans.

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You have no idea what that really means. none
Neither do you.

Many of these kids were entrusted to coyotes to sneak them into this country. Along the way, some girls got raped. What decent parent would turn their kid over to coyotes? What those parents did, amounts to human trafficking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies