Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 09:20 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Stupid move but not at all surprising, More red meat to his base.

These kids and young adults willingly gave their information to the federal government ]and have played by the rules. They are in school, working, and in the military. They pay taxes and pay a fee to stay in the program.

What happened to prioritizing deporting the criminals? That's something left and right can agree on.

Will have to see how this six-month delay will work and what Congress can accomplish.
Obama did not have the constitutional authority to change the rules by executive decree.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
For Thinking Minds the method and resulting situation for those it applies to is Very Material.
Not it isn't. Illegal is illegal. Violate law, get tossed.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:21 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
800,000 x .96 = 768,000 jobs for American workers. Yippee!!!
The irony is that parts of the country that are howling for the removal of DACAs have very few of them. Most DACAs live in areas of the country with strong economies and low unemployment. There are no "American" workers waiting in the wings to take those jobs. It will be a blow to the area economies as DACAs are forced out and employers can't find qualified replacements.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:23 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Obama did not have the constitutional authority to change the rules by executive decree.
Yes, I'm sure constitutionality is the objection trump's base has to DACA.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have never heard of this being proposed in 2017. Would you provide us with a link to it? It surprises me that the GOP would write such a bill. I would have expected it from the Democrats. Is it about granting permanent amnesty for these so-called Dreamers?

Hill Republicans revive

Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Most likely they quit, or in 6 months and a day, ICE knows where to go to find illegals.
From what I've been reading in comments so far from DACAers most will stay until they're caught. I'd rather see everify passed as ICE doesn't have the manpower to get them all quickly.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
He didn't. It was a DHS memo

Old 09-04-2017, 09:27 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So if a child is 11 years old, arriving here 9 years ago in 2008, you want to send them back by themselves to a country they've never known? So heartless, so cold.
Nobody says to send them back alone. Mom and dad and the rest can leave to and might already be gone back

Why is everyone making it sound like they are the ones we have to feel
Sorry for.

It is one thing not to blame them for coming here as they were kids

But at some point, many of them knew they were illegal and had a chance to go back the same way they came and avoid of having it officially on the record and go back and apply like we did.

Many are waiting till last minute and hope to hit the lottery and get a free pass

Many kids had a difficult time getting to stay here when thy are on legal E2 visas.

Why doesn't that bother you as they came here as young kids and legally.

Why do lefties only care about kids breaking the law but not care about kids who came here legally.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes, I'm sure constitutionality is the objection trump's base has to DACA.
Oh, indeed. They each have a pocket study of the constitution. It's always their main concern.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:29 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Just for you tRump or is just plain Rump better? How do you know she has relatives in El Salvador? She's been in the United States since she was 5 and is now 20. I referenced Joe Arpaio because another poster had commented on those here under DACA breaking laws. She's broken no laws and Joe the crooked sheriff has resulting in lawsuits against Maricopa County which cost the tax payers of Arizona millions. This young lady hasn't cost the tax payers of my state one dime and has in fact paid her dues. She also enrolled in school and wants to better herself. I thought you Cons were all for competition and yet you whine that she's competing with American citizens for jobs! You differ from tRump on "our nation of laws" as he's shown he doesn't respect our judiciary. I'm betting that this young lady does.

Spell his name the way that it's spelled. Surely you know how to spell, don't you? She may or may not have relatives in her homeland. Just pointing out that most illegal aliens do. Not our problem anyway. Let her and here fellow DACA's return to their own homelands along with their parents. Now there's a family connection, right? If she turned 18 1/2 yes she broke the law by not taking the lawful steps to fix her status.

Our American youth want to better themselves also. How can they do that with hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens occupying college seats and taking jobs from them? No, unfair competition from illegal foreigners is not what conservatives advocate for. I'm betting this young lady learned from her parents that breaking laws is ok just as long as it is self-serving. You might want to stay on topic. This isn't about Arpaio this is about DACA. No way should kids benefit from their parent's law breaking. Certainly American kids don't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies