Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Let's say you were brought here when you were four. No one asked you if you wanted to leave and come here; you were a child and did as you were told.

THEN, you are raised here in our culture. It is all you know. English is all you know but SUDDENLY, at the age of 17, you are going to DEMAND to be taken back to a culture that you can't remember, know little about and don't speak the language.

Yeah. I just KNOW that's what all the reich wingers would do. They can't even leave their coal town to find another job.
Tough. Illegal is illegal.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
This is a tough, really tough call. On one hand you have illegal immigrants thumbing their noses at our laws. On the other hand you have innocent children not having a choice on being here. It's not right that their parents brought them here against the law. It's not fair to penalize them for the "sins of the father." So what's a good compromise? Do we compensate the USA with a huge fine and naturalize them like we would any other immigrant? Should they have to pay this fine before they're allowed to have a work permit? A drivers license? Or do we simply deport them to a foreign land because of what their parents did? I think that's harsh, but we do need a deterrent to send a signal loud and clear that ALL people must respect the rule of law. I understand the need to end DACA, but I also understand the need not to punish people that had no choice in being here. I think a financial compromise is in order, and they must start the process of becoming citizens like all other immigrants who follow the rule of law.
How is it punishment to be sent back to your homeland along with your parents? Kids should not benefit from their parents breaking the law and the parents shouldn't be rewarded for bringing their kids here illegally. Why should their kids be treated any different than the kids of American law breakers?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why not?

They aren't Americans. They are illegals.

I agree. Time to enforce the law. These kids know they are here illegally. Just tough.
Americans are legal citizens. I meant the Senator is holding Americans responsible for what the parents of these "dreamers" have done. He is holding the American citizen responsible for something most of us didn't want to be happening. It's the lazy congressman that is really responsible because they did not do their jobs and it looks like he is looking for an excuse not to do his job again.

We need some congressmen and women with enough backbone to uphold our laws and stop kicking the ball down the road. They are a bunch of pocket-filling good for nothings. Stop catering to money and start doing what the average American needs. We are more than tired of your duplicity, Mr/Ms Congress. Think about our country for a change!

Old 09-04-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
The only posts you make in this forum are immigration related.

You're entitled to do so, but I'm not wasting my time trying to counter fanatical POV''s. There's no point. Carry on!

That's because it is a very pressing issue in our country and it has impacted my family and friends negatively. Nothing fanatical about it. As I said, you couldn't refute my comments based on the facts so you became unglued and yes I will carry on until this travesty of illegal immigration ends. That's what law abiding American patriots do.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:58 AM

628 posts, read 695,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why not?

They aren't Americans. They are illegals.

I agree. Time to enforce the law. These kids know they are here illegally. Just tough.

When are we leaving? You, me and all others that arrived after the Indians?

Old 09-04-2017, 12:00 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let's see what strings, pork and other bills they will attach. Me, I'd tie Obamacare repeal into the Bill.
Of course you would, you pork you.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
You are mixing things up. 2012 Obama issued a directive on DACA. That still exists today.

In 2014 Obama issued a executive action which would have expanded to more DACA people and added DAPA people, basically their parents. Texas sued, it was blocked by a appetite court went to the supreme court in 2016 where the vote was 4-4 so the block stood.

two different things.

What Trump is likely to do is end DACA with a 6 month window. They congress will take it up and pass it as law. Then Trump will sign it.

If you can reference where it is unconstitutional for congress to do this I would like to hear it.

I never said it was unconstitutional for "congress" to do it. What Obama did was unconstitutional. Trump will not sign it if they pass it. IMO, he will veto it.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:03 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
It definitely should have gone to congress. But each bill should only deal with one issue at a time. Especially since they usually try to hide things in bills.
GOP had sworn to oppose anything coming from the WH, so it would have an obvious waste of time. They even turned down corporate tax cuts and funding a a border wall, because the ideas cam from Dems.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'll never support anyone from profiting off of an immoral act. That's what progressives do.
The very pinnacle of hypocrisy. I should be used to it but I'm sometimes amazed at what right-wingers actually say with apparently no thought given to the validity of the statement.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:06 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Let's see.
  • Obama wanted amnesty for illegals. Cared more for them than citizens.
  • Couldn't get amnesty bill through congress.
  • So Obama passes psuedo Amnesty via unconstitutional EO.
  • As usual with the out of his league community agitator, huge mess ensues.
Now Trump has to clean up yet another pile of **** left behind by Obama.

(no wonder the Democrat party was destroyed by Obama's policies)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies