Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 11:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Or you can just buy health insurance...
No, many can not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
So if Walmart claims ownership over an entire territory, takes your money by force, and gives you whatever goods and services they decide to give you, you're the robber when you object to it?

The state has no more legitimacy over us and our property than Walmart does.
Strawman and false equivalency in the same post, impressive

Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The Cheeto is part of the problem, not part of the solution
I don't disagree but he is/was not the only part of the problem. I still get condemned because I refused to continue to vote for those who are a part of the problem.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:50 AM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Strawman and false equivalency in the same post, impressive
Um.....yeah....please explain.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Um.....yeah....please explain.
WalMart is not the government=false equivalency

Your example with Walmart=strawman

Make sense?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:52 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Right-wingers always pull that "self-made man" BS. They hate the "evil" government and claim it does nothing for anyone, but have no problem using government infrastructure, depending upon the government-run military for safety, the government-funded police for the same thing, the government run FDA to prevent their food and medicine from being poison, etc. The hypocrisy from them is laughable, and none of them ever have the guts to move to a 3rd world failed stated without an "evil government." No, they'd rather have all of the benefits while whining about having to chip in to pay for them.

Ugh... most right-wingers are like that angry, loud, ignorant "friend" many people have who gladly eats all the food other people pay for at a party, and who whines about ever having to pay his fair share for the food. Mooches.
Totally agree. The " no man is an island " cliche comes to mind.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:55 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'll just bet your net worth is at least a hundred times what mine is. Care to send my some money and spread the wealth around a bit?

Where do you draw the line? To someone who makes 15K a year, YOU are the rich guy that needs to be brought down, if we are going by your wage envy philosophies.

So here is a question for you: how much should Average Joe be allowed to make before he becomes an evil rich person? Give me a number... 5K a year? 10K? 20K? 50K? 100K? 500K? Who decides? You?
The issue for me isn't how much a person makes, but how fair the tax structure and loop holes are.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:55 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
There's also a need to "stick it" to people beneath you on the socio-economic scale in America that dominates people's thinking.

Many people here in this nation won't support anything from affordable healthcare to heaven only knows what else because then some "poor" somewhere might not starve to death or die of illness, and they just can't have that. There's a sick need in this nation to have somebody beneath you to hate and look down upon, so any policy that elevated everyone will be voted against since there's a chance that "those people" might not suffer as much, and then you'd lose your "well earned" edge over them.

Just look around at all the hatred of the poor that you see on these forums and the delusional belief in the Just World Fallacy, where "everyone gets what they deserve." It's laughably wrong and easily disproven, but it motivates people heavily in America; they don't want to vote for any policy that risks having "lesser people" not suffer because they honestly think "they must have done something to deserve it." Sic
k.
Agreed. But then again, most CD members( not me that's for sure) are the top 1% wealthiest, most successful people on the planet! All were born into squalor and below 3rd world poverty; abandoned at age 7, and by nothing other than hard work and their God given awesomeness, rose to the top 1% by putting in 250hour work weeks while getting their 4th Ph.D! ALL without one nickel of financial help, one iota of help, assistance, guidance, and good fortune! I'm shocked that there aren't movies and books about their ashes-to-glory rise; alone without ANY help of ANY kind.
BTW i should give my brother a heads up that, apparently, there is a glut of 6 figure jobs in America that are unfilled, due to all those lazy, shiftless, struggling folks that are too dang lazy to take one of those millions of unfilled 6 figure jobs! I'm sure he could march right into a F500 company and be Executive VP by noon!! Those lazy poor are content to live the luxurious lifestyle in their 10000 sq ft Hamptons mansions all funded by welfare! Who knew?

Old 09-04-2017, 12:05 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Or you can just buy health insurance...
Ah the let them eat cake argument

Old 09-04-2017, 12:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
WalMart is not the government=false equivalency

Your example with Walmart=strawman

Make sense?
Thank you for proving my point. I said there's no difference in legitimacy between the two, and your response is just an assertion that they're not the same. Please explain how the government has the right to give people goods and services they never asked for and force them to pay for it, but Walmart doesn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies