Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 10:03 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times

Advertisements

I am curious that for those who say, "Hilary would have been worse," how do you know that? Because you can't possibly know that, and I can't imagine how Hilary could have been worse, no matter how bad a president she would have been. In Trump, we have an inexperienced and clueless, misogynist, racist president who regularly engages in cronyism and nepotism. His hobbies include frequent taxpayer funded golfing weekends and Twitter bashing sessions, he is using his office for personal profit, and is accomplishing little for the American people, yet Trump supporters continue to insist Hilary would have been worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 10:06 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The more important question is about the relevance of elections and our whole political system.
True, and what to do about it...

Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This is a joke ,all this is BS. As it was the last time it was posted.
What is not a joke is how different we all "connect the dots" when it comes to what we see going on around us and how much is because of the POTUS...

If some people can see good weather and think it is because of the POTUS while others are experiencing bad weather and think it is because of the POTUS, the issue is not that we disagree about the weather but what we know about what causes the weather. There's our significant problem to contend with...

Old 09-10-2017, 10:11 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I can't imagine how Hilary could have been worse, no matter how bad a president she would have been.
The fact that you can type that, and not understand the inherent irrationality of that statement, IS the problem.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:13 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I read lots about how everyone dismisses polls about Trump, because they were wrong about him getting elected in the first place. I'm curious what such a poll among people in this forum might look like...

If it were time to vote again, would you re-elect Trump? Yes or no, and why?
Would I vote for Trump if he were to run against Hilary, yes. She's that bad.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimuni View Post
excellent list!
Any list that begins giving Trump credit for the rise in the stock market and the improving economy is far from an "excellent list!"

And just which Americans are benefitting from the increase in stock values anyway? I was going to provide the numbers, but anyone REALLY interested in who is benefitting and by how much can certainly Google those numbers themselves.

Hint: not exactly the average Americans Trump promised to help if they voted for him...

Old 09-10-2017, 10:19 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You make some valid points and although it seems that many Trump supporters are well described by some of those rather negative troubling traits, I know that can't be all of them...

What continues to bother me after reading comments like yours again and again is this insistence about why those of us who think Trump is a disaster believe as we do. People like you just can't stop suggesting it is because we are sore we backed a loser. It isn't like that! Far as we're concerned, we lost to a loser, but the problem is not that we won or lost as if this were some sort of game!

The problem is what Trump says, tweets, does, directs (or doesn't)!

Trump now represents America -- all of us -- but he DOES NOT represent how all too many Americans think in all too many important ways. In fact the opposite...

Of course that's true whenever a candidate on one side or the other takes office, but the push-back is not because of a loss or win but because the direction is what the "losers" feel is wrong. Address those differences and maybe we can get past the "winners and losers" child play...
But that is where you are wrong; you lost to a winner! You don't think of him that way; but that is fact. I did not like President Obama; my wife and son voted for him. My wife regrets her decision after she voted for him the second time; she expected better out of him. That never happened in her eyes. She came to feel that our Country was much more divided than it was ever in the past.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I love that Trump is not beholden to the Republican gang and will work with Dems when he needs to get things done...Trump is a fantastic President.
This is one of the things I like about Trump too...

One of the ONLY things I appreciated about Trump in the early going was his pointing out that he had given money to everyone on stage to his left and to his right, and they took it. IOWs they were beholden to him, not the other way around. Anyone who points at the problem of special interest money corrupting our political process is doing the right thing. That any politician is able to be free of that influence is also a rare promising opportunity.

However, Trump has done absolutely nothing to address the problem he pointed out so boldly. Trump even explained that the rich can pay more in taxes but apparently that was also absolute lip service to dupe still more voters into believing in him. That it takes a billionaire these days to be free of special interest influence is a sad state of affairs that would have our founding fathers up in arms.

None of this makes Trump a "fantastic President." Very far from it in fact...

Trump has squandered a rare opportunity to be a fantastic President if that were ever any sort of possibility. Free of those partisan political shackles, Trump could have actually accomplished the sort of compromising and sensible progress this country has struggled to manage for a long time now, but instead Trump is proving himself to be on the "dark side." Something like an antibiotic that is supposed to prevent disease and instead brings it on...

Old 09-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I actually won't be either. I was taught that my vote makes a difference, when in fact it doesn't. I live in a red state, and no matter how I vote, it doesn't matter one bit. In the elections I voted Republican, my vote didn't matter because Texas always swings Republican. In the elections I voted Democrat, my vote didn't matter because Texas always swings Republican. And the electoral college overrides the popular vote in rare instances, so no matter what people vote, ultimately the electoral college determines the winner and no one's vote matters. The only votes that matter in any presidential election are those in the swing states.
Pretty well true, and pretty well a problem in more than a few significant ways...

Not really for Trump supporters though. Of course Trump and his supporters were all against the electoral college when it was felt those votes would go against him, but that objection evaporated the night Trump was elected. I'm fairly certain that if the election were based on the popular vote and/or if there were no electoral college, Trump would not have become POTUS.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
Default Based on what we know now, would you vote to re-elect Trump

Yes there was no other choice, I don't think Trump is the problem, it's the rest of the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies