Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 12:37 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times

Advertisements

With the same choices, yes. I was really disappointed he continued DACA. I am sure he had his reasons but it would really be great to see these illegals get what is coming to them. Their parents caused the problem and we are getting stuck with the cost of their sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 12:43 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

More interesting to me than the slight edge Trump continues to hold since I started this poll
The way you wrote the poll question, it could be interpreted that only people that originally voted for Trump should partake in the poll.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
The way you wrote the poll question, it could be interpreted that only people that originally voted for Trump should partake in the poll.
I didn't vote in the poll. I'm taking the question as hypothetically, If the next election was today, and your vote determined the outcome of the election, could you somehow, beyond belief, really and truly, vote for Trump ?

I voted for Johnson, non-competitive state, so didn't have to pick between known bad Clinton and unknown Trump. In the hypothetical rematch today, with my vote deciding the winner, I'd vote Trump.

Based on what we know now about Trump, the op apparently finds it inconceivable that anyone who isn't angry, backwards, dumb, low-information, a rw news media zombie, and other negatives, could vote for Trump.

Last edited by jazzarama; 09-19-2017 at 08:24 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 10:41 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is one thing different; Trump is right there supporting our law enforcement and our liberals are too worried about hurting anybody's feelings.

And, yes, much of our immigration reform depends on Congress. Both sides of the isle are fighting Trump as he tries to change our course. Does that mean he is wrong or does it mean that we have many politicians to replace in the coming elections? We will see how that works out in 2018. I will be pushing Lou Barletta for State Senator in my State and I hope that we give the boot to open borders Casey. I do acknowledge it will be a tough fight; but I think he stands a good chance. The more Senators and Representatives that we have on our side; the better the chance of change.

As far as "Dummies"; I made my point. The true dummies are the people that are looking for support and insult others. Terms, like these, make us hunker down. It gets to the point where we do not listen; even if you have valid points.

Yes; Trump has insulted his share. In many cases it was simply retaliation. Of course not all cases. But he has been the most attacked President I ever remember in my 70 years. If you don't believe me; all you had to do is tune into the Emmys last night.
Might be that right up there with all the other things we need to better figure out is what REAL differences can be drawn between someone like Trump and any other politician...

For example, I don't know of any politician who doesn't "support our law enforcement" and this about liberals being too "worried about hurting anybody's feelings" is getting so old I can hardly muster the energy to respond anymore...

At the end you make the point about listening and making valid points, but you start with this noise?

Lost on me...

Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
True, for those who don't understand the difference between vote "to re-elect" and vote "again." Already covered before, and I regret some people are confused by the question/difference, but they really shouldn't be and it appears most are not...

Old 09-19-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I didn't vote in the poll. I'm taking the question as hypothetically, If the next election was today, and your vote determined the outcome of the election, could you somehow, beyond belief, really and truly, vote for Trump ?

I voted for Johnson, non-competitive state, so didn't have to pick between known bad Clinton and unknown Trump. In the hypothetical rematch today, with my vote deciding the winner, I'd vote Trump.

Based on what we know now about Trump, the op apparently finds it inconceivable that anyone who isn't angry, backwards, dumb, low-information, a rw news media zombie, and other negatives, could vote for Trump.
Foul!

I explained what I was interested to know when I started this thread and why, and my prediction has so far proven accurate...

I have also made the comment more than a few times already that the reasons people explain for how they would vote is just if not more interesting to me. Your comment suggests I have any doubts that MOST people are likely to vote here essentially the same way they did when Trump was elected, for or against (or wasting their vote and time on other than Hillary or Trump).

Despite that fact also very easy to predict, what is also interesting -- to me anyway -- is how people understand and relate to what we now know about what Trump has done or not done versus what was nothing but campaign rhetoric and promises before.

I won't take the time to review your prior comments, but if I remember them well, I could have predicted you to go the way of Trump and not Hillary. Johnson is a Republican/Libertarian. People less inclined to vote for someone like Trump, his direction or form of leadership, are typically not Republican/Libertarians.

For those who can vote "no" plain and simple in this thread, I think they do because they just can't support the sort of vision, leadership or person that Trump represents, and barring the Devil himself is not the alternative choice, voting for Trump is pretty much impossible. Something like choosing to vote for the Devil you know or the Devil you think better...

Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Knowing what I know now, I'd still not vote for Hillary or Trump.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:07 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Much learned from Katrina was well in place and Trump hardly did much more than come shake hands with the people who were doing their best to put those prior Katrina lessons in place. Oh, and maybe declare an emergency to help insure the funds to rebuild would follow. Giving Trump credit for that is much like giving Trump credit for the improving economy and rising stock market, but of course that's what people who want to believe in Trump always do. Doesn't even seem to matter that Trump is not "emotionally connected."
Having things in place versus making sure systems are ready and implemented are two different things.

You don't like Trump and I accept it. But dismissing all his achievements ( however small that might be) and attributing to others ( like one poster who credited only the governors) shows how one side does not get it and will keep making the same mistake every time. Trump is a businessman who may be emotionally stupid but can run organization like FEMA better than his alternative.

Elect me because I am better than Trump will not help elect the next candidate however much you might think it to be the case.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:18 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
Quote:
Agreed it makes a difference which candidate faces off against Trump this next go around, but I suspect Trump is much more likely to lose the next go around regardless, because that margin by which Trump won the last go around simply doesn't allow much if any shift along those lines if Trump is going to have a chance...

I suspect the count of people like you will be dwarfed by all the Hillary supporters who stayed home because they didn't see Trump coming, and I'm pretty sure the Democratic Party learned some hard lessons that will very likely foster a candidate far better suited to win "hearts and minds" better than Hillary did. At least not make those mistakes or carry as much baggage is Hillary did.

Keeping in mind that Hillary actually did win the popular vote that was counted, and all the more slim it seems that Trump has as good a chance the next time around, even if it WERE Hillary running against him again. What ultimately happens with North Korea will make a big difference too I think. Health care. DACA.

We've all got a while to wait and see, but not before I sign off today to get on to more productive things to do now...
Once again you fall into the trap of the popular vote. It does not MATTER. You can win 6 million to zero in NY and California but unless you get the 270+ EC votes, all it will be is useless comments on the CD forums. I think you are more intelligent than that.

Secondly, I cam bet you that the opponent matters. Bring in Elizabeth Warren and you are sure to lose, however much you get those Hillary supporters to turn out. So choose the opponent wisely.

Thirdly, Trump may be self serving but he knows how to play both sides of the aisle. One thing all voters hate more than the POTUS is our congress, whether they be republicans or democrats. They are obstructionists and want to do nothing whether they are in the majority or opposition. If Trump can get something done by each side, the voters might prefer him to a POTUS that can work only with republicans or democrats but not both.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Having things in place versus making sure systems are ready and implemented are two different things.

You don't like Trump and I accept it. But dismissing all his achievements ( however small that might be) and attributing to others ( like one poster who credited only the governors) shows how one side does not get it and will keep making the same mistake every time. Trump is a businessman who may be emotionally stupid but can run organization like FEMA better than his alternative.

Elect me because I am better than Trump will not help elect the next candidate however much you might think it to be the case.
Can you be specific about what Trump did to help Texas and/or Florida with the hurricanes -- exactly -- that you want to give him credit for? I don't much care for Trump. No, but I also don't much care for all his supporters insisting on giving him credit for that which he does not deserve, so how about the specifics, please?

What makes you think that because Trump can run a privately owned business started for him by his father, building hotels and resorts with father-financed start-up money, that this means Trump can run FEMA?

For that matter, what do you mean by Trump running FEMA? When did Trump start running FEMA?

Specifics if you please, because these generalities like "making America great again" can mean just about anything to anybody, and that's a problem when separating the fact from nonsense about all things Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies