Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:32 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I read lots about how everyone dismisses polls about Trump, because they were wrong about him getting elected in the first place. I'm curious what such a poll among people in this forum might look like...

If it were time to vote again, would you re-elect Trump? Yes or no, and why?
It is way too soon to make a call on that. I need to see how he does over the next three years.
I need to see if the wall gets built entirely, partially, or not at all.
I need to see if we've made any inroads into paying down some debt, and cutting out some of the fat in the federal government.
I need to see if we have gotten rid of Obamacare and made some progress in fixing social security.
I need to see if the swamp is drained and if the Clintons are placed under arrest for racketeering, conspiracy, corruption, incompetence, and possibly murder.

Get back to me mid 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 10:36 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
At C+D ,yes,all the time.
No. I mean in this thread?

Poll results so far indicate slightly more wanting to re-elect Trump, which correlates with the general sense that most C-D posters are older/conservative.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The people that voted no are people who didn't vote for him in the first place. So how can they vote for him "again"? Lmao
Not sure I understand...

Of course the likelihood that someone who didn't vote for Trump in the first place is low while the odds someone who did vote for Trump in the first place is more likely to do so again. What's so hard to understand about that? Mostly I was just curious how many in this forum tend to be pro-Trump supporters to the point they can and will quickly answer yes to this poll. As I guessed, more C-D posters are Trump supporters to a large degree.

As for any "fishing" for any certain type of answer, one thing I have learned in this forum is that people will comment what they want to comment, regardless the goal, angling or "fishing" on the part of the OP. I mean any confusion about that is cause to LMAO!

PS: the question is whether you would re-elect Trump, not vote for him again.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:45 AM

16,070 posts, read 10,729,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
So then list "what we know now" that we didn't know before ?
So far, one-eighth of his presidency has been wasted by his posturing, tweeting, bullying his opponents and foreign leaders, traveling on pointless state visits, ignoring his responsibilities, and playing golf. His ballyhooed executive orders are challenged and curtailed by the courts. His only agenda is to make Obama a scapegoat but that has failed miserably. He has empowered white nationalist hate groups with his rhetoric and refuses to condemn them. Now he has been threatening the government over the useless border wall and apparently is abdicating his leadership on tax reform. Each time he makes a threat against North Korea someone has to run out and "interpret" what he meant. And whatever time he has left in his calendar he spends lying, doing photo ops, and watching TV. What a guy!! No one but willfully misinformed Trumpers believe a word he says.

We know all of that without even touching on the ongoing investigations, his conflicts of interest and his passion for lining his pockets on the back of taxpayers. He displayed most of these antics during the primaries and the campaign but has doubled-down on all of this once he is in the White House. His behaviors during the campaign were bad enough but are becoming normalized...expected of him and overlooked or excused or reinterpreted by his supporters. Even his opponents ignore some of his antics that would have gotten any other President censured. It no longer surprises us that he is a complete blowhard and totally unfit for the job. He is hell-bent to destroy the office of the President and our standing in the world all for his own ego, enjoyment and enrichment.

But I guess Trumpers knew all of that before and voted for him anyway.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:49 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
The four people that voted no are people who didn't vote for him in the first place. Lmao
I'd say all the names I saw were Trump bashers and NONE of them voted for him ....of the 25 names that said no...too funny...

Old 09-02-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It is way too soon to make a call on that. I need to see how he does over the next three years.
I need to see if the wall gets built entirely, partially, or not at all.
I need to see if we've made any inroads into paying down some debt, and cutting out some of the fat in the federal government.
I need to see if we have gotten rid of Obamacare and made some progress in fixing social security.
I need to see if the swamp is drained and if the Clintons are placed under arrest for racketeering, conspiracy, corruption, incompetence, and possibly murder.

Get back to me mid 2020.
Fair enough, and again I understand all the caveats, but...

There are many already satisfied simply because of what Trump has SAID he wants to do versus those not so in favor of what Trump represents, regardless what actually gets done. In fact, one can argue (as I have more than once), the POTUS is among many things one who directs. Those supporting Trump or not are generally divided because of his direction, in some cases even lack of direction!

Anyone who doesn't know, for example, that those who supported Obama for all the campaign "promises" he made to get elected versus those that Trump has made, do not well overlap, regardless to what extent the POTUS actually makes those promises a reality. When done, the opposition claims the entire party/Congress is against the will of the people. When not done, the opposition claims the other party obstructed...

I could address each of your items as they stand today and how most people can give the thumbs up or down regardless what the future may hold, but I think maybe enough for me this morning as now I've got to get on with other things a little easier to contend with.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:01 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
It's amazing. He's literally done nothing of value despite his joke party controlling the government, and yet people will vote for him again for no logical reason whatsoever. They "can't" vote for people like Hillary, so they instead elect a bigger crook with less skill and self-control. Brilliant! Ah, well - at least Trump has picked on Muslims and transgender people and dodged condemning right-wing terrorists, and we all know those actions sadly score points from the most extreme of the right-wing base. We get it - we know what really counts.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:06 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
It's amazing. He's literally done nothing of value despite his joke party controlling the government, and yet people will vote for him again for no logical reason whatsoever. They "can't" vote for people like Hillary, so they instead elect a bigger crook with less skill and self-control. Brilliant! Ah, well - at least Trump has picked on Muslims and transgender people and dodged condemning right-wing terrorists, and we all know those actions sadly score points from the most extreme of the right-wing base. We get it - we know what really counts.
There is a perfectly logical reason. Donald Trump is a big F.U. to the status quo conservatism and liberalism of the last 30 years.

His supporters are giving all of us "sticks in the mud" the finger and are enjoying our reactions, immensely.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:10 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Still holding strong ,however it reflects in this mini poll that the country is deeply divided.

American see a President who is proactive, instead of a Passive President like Obama who tried to dazzle

America with Lofty speeches!

Old 09-02-2017, 11:14 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Trump is ultimately a moderate. I prefer him to liberals and conservatives.
What has he done that *isn't* far right wing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies