Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you re-elect Trump?
YES 371 48.69%
NO 391 51.31%
Voters: 762. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 05:08 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I didn't vote for him the first time, but if the election was held today, I would. Not because I like him or think he's doing a good job, but because the Democratic party has become completely unhinged. They are literally bat-sh*t crazy.
Ha. I posted mine before I read yours. Very much the same post, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 05:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Default Based on what we know now, would you vote to re-elect Trump?

Yup he's not the problem, the rest of the government is.

Old 09-02-2017, 05:59 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
Trump is a piker, compared to Hillary.

He will be re elected in 2020. Get used to the idea.

CN

Old 09-03-2017, 09:09 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Because the liberal left only hates; they miss the details of Trump's popularity. If we have a dead solider or fireman; Trump is there or extends his condolences. He is not hiding in Hawaii or up in Kennebunkport; he is on the ground in Texas and Louisiana. When told if there are problems; he has the 'experts' to answer to those problems. He is leading and in the right direction. In the meantime the left cannot put together unified opposition to ANTIFA - who will the people remember in 2020?
Trump's popularity among his supporters is impossible to miss!

All the rest of your awfully loaded rhetoric is beyond reason. Show me any politician who isn't out there "kissing babies" when photo op time comes around. You note only when Obama goes on vacation, nothing about Trump doing even more vacation (though even the notion of what it means for any POTUS to be on vacation is generally just as misunderstood by most people). You make it sound like Trump is the first POTUS to be surrounded by experts...

This is the sort of partisan nonsense that truly has America seem bonkers all too much of the time, both to many Americans and the rest of the world.

Last edited by LearnMe; 09-03-2017 at 09:45 AM..

Old 09-03-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
public poll? really? there is a reason you have so few votes OP, and i bet you know what it is.
I don't see the count as "few" given the forum, and although I'm not sure why someone would vote and concern themselves with their vote being public, I'm okay if they don't vote as a result. Clearly those who have voted in this thread know where they stand, are not afraid to let that position be known, and sometimes even explain why. That's really all I'm interested in.

I'm not fool enough to think any poll done in this forum is indicative of anything other than what those participating in any one thread might offer for consideration. Can't take ourselves too seriously after all, but we can share perspective that sometimes might make you think again about something you didn't think enough about before.

My hope anyway...

PS: I did suspect most would be pro-Trump, and that seems to be the case, but I am a little surprised those voting "no" are almost equal in count.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Chicken.

It's all entertainment to me as I don't vote so in that spirit I'm hoping for a Warren v Trump battle with The Donald coming out on top.

The internet wild be oozing with meme/gif nirvana if this occurs.
Some might say that not voting is a bit "chicken," avoiding responsibility in any case, much like I think is the "protest vote" and/or vote for other than the two people who have a chance to become POTUS, but don't get me started on all that...

I'm no political expert or pundit, but I can't help shaking the thought that if Biden had run for president instead of Hillary, Biden would be POTUS today. Accordingly, I'm tempted to think he might be the best contender against Trump if he decided to run in 2020 (that's if Trump survives and decides to run again of course). If Biden were to throw his hat in the ring, and another candidate beat him for the Democratic party nomination, I suspect they too will do a good deal better than Hillary did.

Since Hillary got the majority of popular votes that were tabulated, anyone who does better than Hillary should be our next POTUS...

Old 09-03-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Does it matter? The left is obsessed with the polls and post it here daily like its gospel
Foul!

I saw just as many if not more conservatives posting poll results that showed Trump well in the running back when that was about all we had to go on to guess who would be our next POTUS, but either way..., who not part brain dead isn't interested in how an actual election for president in the most wealthy powerful nation on Earth might turn out? Not perfect of course, but I'm not sure there is any better way to gauge with any less margin of error than by way of official poll, and if you consider ALL the polls, you can at least know who is in the running and who is not. Right? Not to confuse this poll with anything official or as worthy of course...

Nothing "obsessive" about that, but using terms like that to denigrate what either side is interested in knowing sure does seem to be obsessive for some in this forum!

Old 09-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I keep telling them that I used to be a liberal Democrat. They tell me I'm lying or don't know what I'm talking about. I tell them that I will not come home until they again back the people/workers that built the Party and they tell me that they don't want me; they want to select who should be a Democrat.

They have no idea of how many voters they have lost; especially in the last year. They decided they would insult anybody that did not agree with their leadership. We try to tell them they are making a terrible mistake and they simply do not care. There was a reason Hillary had such a large war chest and it wasn't individual donors; it was the special interest that wanted open borders and one-world -government + the Wall street crowd and Saudis. Fortunately the voters saw through her; they showed the system that we can think for ourselves and money does not always buy happiness.
I understand much if not all these sentiments, really I do...

I still bemoan the harsh reality that the best this country could serve up for the office of president was ultimately the stark choice of Hillary or Trump. Still can't believe it, but one thing I think worth noting from your comment; Obama did have a very impressive "war chest" thanks to individual donors, so did Bernie Sanders. Trump was able to finance his way onto the GOP stage like only a billionaire can. Beginning to think how the money is got matters less and less with each election, but I started another thread sometime ago about how the influence of special interest money -- money in general -- in our political process is our biggest problem of all.

It still is...

Old 09-03-2017, 09:40 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Sanders is a crook. Hillary isn't human. Trump's not perfect, but when you look at his enemies, he becomes the best option we had. Unless Rand Paul counts. Trump was the only choice, still is.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
It was the lesser of two evils for me. Didn't like the choices in front of me at all. If he runs in '20 and what he is up against blows as bad as they did in '16...then yeah, Trump again. I still don't like the guy, but so what? I'm optimistic about some of what he has done and is hoping to do. One look at Wall St. stats should be encouraging to anyone; a strong economy helps us in other areas too....namely global security and diplomacy.
Here again! Is this not evidence of what wrong-thinking can get us to vote for people? The wrong people?

Confusion about what is a market rally and what is the health of our economy and/or how all that translates for all the people who are so unhappy with their lives, their opportunities, congress and all the rest?

Stock market is up today. Trump is POTUS today. This is reason to vote for Trump again? Even A reason?

Mind boggling...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies