Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:17 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Really? Trump did say there were very fine people on "both sides". Even Republicans were blasting him for that. How was that lies and distortion when there are video's everywhere of him saying just that?
There were good people on both sides. Trump even made the point of distinction by saying there were other people there besides antifa, and neo-Nazis o KKK. but the news media purposely distorts and edits Trump's comments to make everyone think he was claiming there were "very fine" neo-Nazis.

Here, read the transcript. Those Republicans who "blasted Trump" about his comments were ignorant, instead they believed the lies reported by news outlets like the NYT, who were later forced to print corrections.

Transcript: Trump Rally In Charlottesville

When Democrats attempted to hold peaceful protest about something when Obama was president, and the anarchists move in and turn the event into a full blown riot, with the arson, looting. Wasn't it fair for Obama to point out to the nation that there were in fact some "very fine people" at the protest, and that not all the protesters were anarchists and looters?

But when Trump points out the very same type of thing, you fools can't be troubled with him speaking the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 01:29 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Did the scurry media hack his Twitter account for oh, I dunno, the last 6 years or so and no one noticed?

Old 09-03-2017, 02:35 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Obviously fake.
Probably, no rabid anti Trump, liberal shill would ever be open minded enough to look at reality when they can be spoon fed an opinion from CNN/MSNBC/Huffington/etc.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:54 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I will never go to one of his rallies, but I have listened to many of his speeches in their unedited entirety, and "peace and unity" are not the words that come immediately to mind.
Trump rallies were peaceful for the most part, the problem started when the anti-Trump people showed up to cause trouble.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
The fake news was lying to him. He went to a Trump rally and saw that Trump is about "peace and unity"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7eW9nYuzOsE&feature=share
I know three things about The Cheeto that will cause him to NEVER get my support.

1. He has no intention of removing marijuana or THC from DEA Schedule I

2. He has no plans for single payer healthcare

3. His behavior at the Republican debates back in late 2015 and earlier last year was disgusting and unprofessional

Old 09-03-2017, 03:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Poor guy, it'll be rough when he finds out that both sides lie compulsively. Just very different styles and amounts of lying. He fell victim to the false dichotomy.

Hey, there's that false dichotomy! Stop propagating it.
This is the problem with liberals. They don't believe there are any honest people.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:17 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh yeah, so that is the best example you have, huh ? Nice try, no cigar. But, if it makes you feel better, ok.

Not exactly what we might call a "rocket scientist".
Now you know how I feel when I read your posts.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
No one had to tell me. I am old enough to remember previous elections and relatively neutral news reporting. I became alarmed at the undisguised bias in the media and outright lying and censoring of the news, which continues today. Whenever there was hysteria over something Trump was reported to have said or done, I did my own research. With youtube I could watch an entire rally or interview to get context, tone and demeanor, not just edited clips. That is how I became a Trump voter. It infuriated me that I was being told not just how to vote, but how to think. Big wake up call! Sadly, some people are still asleep and believe everything they read and watch.

I used to be a liberal and a Democrat. Now I have no party affiliation until I need to vote again. Trying to cut down on the donation spam.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:59 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,392,879 times
What about the Trump voters who've had "buyer's remorse?" Aren't there more of them than people who are only now coming to support Trump?

Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
What about the Trump voters who've had "buyer's remorse?" Aren't there more of them than people who are only now coming to support Trump?
Remorse for what? "Oh gee golly wow, if only we had voted for Hiladabeast?"

If the Republicans in congress would only work with Trump to pass some of the very things they ran on to get elected. But no, those jerks talk a big game when running for office. When they are finally in a position to act upon their campaign promises, they'd rather stoop to fighting against Trump, and complain about his latest tweet; it's all they seem to want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies