Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:44 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times

Advertisements

Wondering whether Trump thinks Hurricane Irma is a beautiful thing, as it heads toward the US.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis.fan View Post
Actually, it was mostly true. The ACA grandfathered in pre-ACA plans. Most people don't understand that the ACA started in 2010, years before the exchanges.

What was spin was the "period" added to the "if you like your plan you can keep your plan".

Shame on Obama, then again Trump tweets more lies before he's done with his morning dump.
Let's please not start discussing the ACA - It's effect on my own family was horrific, and part of that effect included having to switch, not only doctors, but our entire hospital system. And I haven't even started on how our premiums increased along with our deductibles. It was almost unbelievable - but not quite.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:56 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Stop...seriously, I don't like Trump but, this is BS. You're spinning this into something that if you believe is true, you're not being honest with yourself. Texans love Trump for starters and they understood exactly what he meant. He was impressed the way they all taking care of each other and not allowing a terrible tragedy turn them into a bunch of helpless victims. After Katrina, people were going crazy looting the stores. They made a bad situation even worse. The National Guard had to step in to stop it. They've got people trying to loot in Texas and neighbors made it clear, they'll shoot you if you're here to cause harm and not help out.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:26 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Stop...seriously, I don't like Trump but, this is BS. You're spinning this into something that if you believe is true, you're not being honest with yourself. Texans love Trump for starters and they understood exactly what he meant. He was impressed the way they all taking care of each other and not allowing a terrible tragedy turn them into a bunch of helpless victims. After Katrina, people were going crazy looting the stores. They made a bad situation even worse. The National Guard had to step in to stop it. They've got people trying to loot in Texas and neighbors made it clear, they'll shoot you if you're here to cause harm and not help out.

How dare you come into a thread designed to bash Trump and start talking sensibly???

Old 09-04-2017, 04:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
How dare you come into a thread designed to bash Trump and start talking sensibly???

Yes, we'll have none of that foolishness!

Old 09-04-2017, 05:10 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Who tells reporters covering a disaster where rescuers are still pulling people out of flooded houses in fecal matter contaminated water to "have a good time"?

It's beyond me why seemingly intelligent people stick up for this shyster.

I'm still amazed some of the poorest people in run down areas (in general, not speaking of TX) think this guy, who came from great wealth, and never had to struggle the way they, their neighbors, their friends, their family members have, this guy is "one of them, who deeply understands their pain and their plight." Hmrooo? They believe a guy who lives in a tacky gold-encrusted penthouse in his own named building in NYC, who's been married 3 times, has cheated on every spouse, has talked about women in crude terms, has bilked thousands of people out of $$$$ through his ventures, has had much handed to him, actually has their best interests at heart and identifies with them.

So in the end what we know is this: seemingly intelligent people are actually gullible and/or raving idiots. Either way, Trump himself would refer to them as "losers."

Old 09-04-2017, 05:40 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm still amazed some of the poorest people in run down areas (in general, not speaking of TX) think this guy, who came from great wealth, and never had to struggle the way they, their neighbors, their friends, their family members have, this guy is "one of them, who deeply understands their pain and their plight." Hmrooo? They believe a guy who lives in a tacky gold-encrusted penthouse in his own named building in NYC, who's been married 3 times, has cheated on every spouse, has talked about women in crude terms, has bilked thousands of people out of $$$$ through his ventures, has had much handed to him, actually has their best interests at heart and identifies with them.

So in the end what we know is this: seemingly intelligent people are actually gullible and/or raving idiots. Either way, Trump himself would refer to them as "losers."

While I do not like Trump and did not vote for him, many are convinced that Trump is more in line with their views than HC was. I don't think many, if any, ever thought he was just a regular guy who happened to be rich. Trump said the right things on immigration, on jobs , on jobs going to Mexico, on social issues like gender confusion, is not politically correct, and so on.

If Trump wasn't personally such a lying douchebag, he would actually line up nicely with many of my views. Conservative justices, doesn't care about what gays do or don't do, America first, not a mealy mouthed politician, etc. I just couldn't get past the douchebagginess , narcissism, and lying . But Clinton wasn't an option either.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:42 PM

My first and most important qualification for Prez is simple: someone who is sane and mentally stable.

Trump isn't.

He is a failure on the most basic level for me.

The fact that so many now either deny his lying, despite the fact he's lied and been caught so many times, or simply don't care, is a sad commentary on the values that are seen as most important.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
My first and most important qualification for Prez is simple: someone who is sane and mentally stable.

Trump isn't.

He is a failure on the most basic level for me.

The fact that so many now either deny his lying, despite the fact he's lied and been caught so many times, or simply don't care, is a sad commentary on the values that are seen as most important.
Next time get an honest and likable Dem candidate who is in touch with reality.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Next time get an honest and likable Dem candidate who is in touch with reality.
Because picking the raving mad, narcissistic, lunatic, sleazoid, con man with zero experience is always the best person for the most important job. That makes sense, said no one ever. Yet that's what enough Americans and the electoral college did.

"Likeable" candidate? How about sane. How about experienced. How about not looking to use nuclear weapons to assert their manhood so they can look and feel important. How about someone who can string a cohesive sentence together, who understands how the world works, how other countries are run.

If Trump is the example of "likeable" and "in touch with reality," this country is screwed and it's screwed by the idiocy of its citizens who are so easily conned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies