Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 04:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
god bless our president and we love him and you better get used to it all you flag burning, antifa blm commie loving ,america hating enemies on the left , its going to be a long 8 years for you losers
Lol….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, WE. We who voted for Trump. He has not lost any support. He won a huge Electoral College victory. That is the only thing that counts. The 50 sovereign states vote individually for President. If the states were no longer sovereign, and we elected the President by national popular vote, the states would be nothing more than colonies, not independent States.

The powers delegated to the Federal Government are few and defined. All powers not delegated are retained by the States.

The President is a representative of the States in International Affairs. That is his role. That's why we do not elect the President by nationwide "popular" vote. He is not a representative of the people. He is a representative of the States.

Guess what? The majority of States voted for Trump.
What are you talking about? Plenty of other first world countries have states (or provinces) and use a popular vote

Old 09-03-2017, 04:55 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Good on you! You so cute!
I understand the sarcasm; but, they aren't "cute." They are pathetic. They are anti-American, too. Every one of these poor slobs belong with the ANTIFA and BLM crowd. They are domestic terrorists.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
What are you talking about? Plenty of other first world countries have states (or provinces) and use a popular vote
Oh, my! Are you really so uneducated? I'm not surprised. Very sad.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I understand the sarcasm; but, they aren't "cute." They are pathetic. They are anti-American, too. Every one of these poor slobs belong with the ANTIFA and BLM crowd. They are domestic terrorists.
So people against The Cheeto are anti-American, but when you guys were against Obama, you were NOT anti-American? Did I get that straight?

Old 09-03-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Oh, my! Are you really so uneducated? I'm not surprised. Very sad.
You're calling ME uneducated? We are the only country in the world with an electoral college, FACT. We are not the only country in the world with states, FACT. You can look it up if you don't believe me......

Old 09-03-2017, 05:07 PM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
It's your right to support mob rule, but that is not the way this nation was set up. The idea was that all the states, even the "little guys" would have a say in national affairs. It hasn't been perfect, but it has worked.

Quote:
You're calling ME uneducated? We are the only country in the world with an electoral college, FACT. We are not the only country in the world with states, FACT. You can look it up if you don't believe me......
Yeah, and have you ever noticed that over the past 150 years, at least, people have come flocking to the US? I wonder why that is? Is it because the US is just like the place they wanted to leave or that it was different and they thought it might be better?

The electoral college is one thing this nation has or has had out of many that sets it apart from the rest of the world. And again, I haven't seen a lot of people flocking to countries like China or Paraguay or Finland, etc. Why is that? If the US is so damned horrible and it is set up so unjustly, why so many people standing in line to get here? And if it is so horrible, why haven't you moved to France or Kenya or Honduras yet? If they and their government structures are so much better...

Old 09-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
So people against The Cheeto are anti-American, but when you guys were against Obama, you were NOT anti-American? Did I get that straight?
There is a big difference. I was anti-Obama for sure. No doubt. But, I was not anti-America-system. I was not in favor of scrapping the system because I knew that the system would give a chance for the "other side" to fight back. And it did.

The big difference is that I was anti-Obama-establishment and you are anti-American-system. All because you didn't get your way at the last election. Tough. I didn't get mine for the previous eight years. Stick it out like a grown up.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is a big difference. I was anti-Obama for sure. No doubt. But, I was not anti-America-system. I was not in favor of scrapping the system because I knew that the system would give a chance for the "other side" to fight back. And it did.

The big difference is that I was anti-Obama-establishment and you are anti-American-system. All because you didn't get your way at the last election. Tough. I didn't get mine for the previous eight years. Stick it out like a grown up.
No there isn't, I am against the man. I could have stomached Kasich or Cruz

Old 09-03-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
No there isn't, I am against the man. I could have stomached Kasich or Cruz
And you hate the man so much that you are willing to burn the entire house down and scrap the system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies