Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
On the contrary, it sounds exactly like President Obama. I don't doubt the sincerity.

Can anyone imagine what kind of letter Trump will leave for his predecessor if he should last a full term? It will sound like it was composed by a middle schooler with lots of hyperbole, exclamation points and misspellings.
Well, you've never doubted anything Obama has ever done. So no surprise there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 10:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
From Obama, "I got a phone and a pen" Obama?

Why do you think we have the mess with DACA right now?

Old 09-05-2017, 10:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
From Obama, "I got a phone and a pen" Obama?

Why do you think we have the mess with DACA right now?
Congress?

A Frazzled Congress May Not Be Able To Clean Up Trump

Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Here's an idea----don't break the law in the first place. Obama should not have passed DACA in the first place, it's breaking the law to go over Congress.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Here's an idea----don't break the law in the first place. Obama should not have passed DACA in the first place, it's breaking the law to go over Congress.
So when Congress makes it LAW you will good with it, good to know

Old 09-06-2017, 12:05 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,445,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Mr. President -
Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.
This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don't know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we've both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It's up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that's willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It's up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that's expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions -- like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties -- that our forebears fought and bled for. Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it's up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They'll get you through the inevitable rough patches.
Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.
Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

Read the Inauguration Day letter Obama left for Trump
How DARE he? That is the most divisive rhetoric I have ever heard. Clearly written by a Kenyan communist hell-bent on destroying our way of life!

Old 09-06-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Only because congress won't do their job ... "The veto can be overridden only by a two-thirds vote in both the Senate and the House."

Don't people know that every time when they point the finger at POTUS, congress goes, 'oh thank god' .

btw: what are we paying these yahoos for any way ... ? just thought i'd ask, cause you know we do send their kids to college and not just any college either ...

Old 09-06-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Only because congress won't do their job ... "The veto can be overridden only by a two-thirds vote in both the Senate and the House."

Don't people know that every time when they point the finger at POTUS, congress goes, 'oh thank god' .
I think congress has a lower rating than any president has had.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I think congress has a lower rating than any president has had.
Calling them pencil pushers is a bit much, imo.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:49 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It's a nice gesture, but after thinking about it I highly question the sincerity behind it. It is no secret that Obama has a deep hatred of anyone who disagrees with him, much like most of his supporters. He probably particularly hates Trump for reversing Obama's failed legacy.

You think Trump doesn't?! Trump is by far the most hateful president America has ever seen.

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies