Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times

Advertisements

Happened to me before. I pulled off doing a wheelie.... Sorry. Unidentified man with gun running towards me in traffic .... Nope nope nope.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I would say someone who looks a video edited to show only part of what happened and assumes the cop is in the wrong is ignorant.

If the perp was really driving through traffic at 100 MPH he was committing a felony.
It doesn't matter if he was driving 100 he wasn't a threat sitting in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
There is no way to know from the video if he was being chased or committed any other offenses besides speeding.
It doesn't matter he wasn't a threat sitting in traffic.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
My first thought was road rage and the guy was going to shoot the motorcyclist for cutting him off or something. The officer was totally guilty of crappy judgment and did come across as an ahole. But, as said, the police unions are powerful and even if the guy is found guilty of misconduct he'll basically get a paid vacation at the taxpayers expense.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM

776 posts, read 956,118 times
Not according the Sheriff of King's County, who is his boss.

link to the original video AND the local news article about his suspension pending an internal affairs investigation.

link. Caught on camera: Motorcyclist held at gunpoint by deputy | KIRO-TV

This man is going to be fired and possibly charged with a number of criminal offences.

XXX

Old 09-04-2017, 09:21 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Well the lights in his car were obviously flashing. How long had he followed him with them flashing without the biker seeing him? Should the gun have been drawn? No. But the biker was surely in another world to not have seen lights in his rear view. I would think that someone who rides a bike would be constantly observing their surroundings, especially coming up to a stop light. And if he had been paying attention, random people don't have blue and red lights flashing in their cars, that is illegal. If the dude was doing 100+ then he is an idiot.

Detectives should not be doing traffic stops unless the driver is doing something so egregious and unsafe.

Last edited by redwood66; 09-04-2017 at 09:34 AM..

Old 09-04-2017, 09:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Wholly *****. If that were me on the bike, my first though would have been, "some random psycho is going to kill me".

If you're going to come at someone like that, you should have your badge as visible as your gun.
Srsly. It just looked like a middle aged man in a jacket with a gun pointed. Nothing like a policeman.

What an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Cop was wrong and the motorcycle rider wants to get out of a 100+ mph ticket. He probably will but the police will inform his insurance company regardless.
That's not how it works.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:31 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,768 times
Again.. what I posted before: The cop didn't even write a ticket!

He has major issues, and is more of a threat to society than a help.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM

25,742 posts, read 18,809,520 times
For you folks who seem to think what the officer did was totally fine, use your head. Have you ever seen a video of an officer following proper procedure with his sidearm drawn? Did you notice that they all act similarly in such situations? And do you know why that is? It's because they are following protocol and using their brains--they have a life threatening situation and they are holding their handguns out and extended, ready to fire if needed. They are most often screaming at the top of their lungs telling the subject to get to the ground to a harmless position so they can then handcuff and incapacitate.

They do not walk up to the subject holding their pistol practically under their jacket like some kind of mafia thug or gang banger with no ID and a bad attitude. This clown was wrong on so many levels and I'm shocked that you can't see it. The behavior demonstrated in the video alone is enough to conclude that he needs to find another job where he holds NO position of authority. He wasn't cut out for it. He obviously likes to play alpha male badass and that is NOT what we need for police officers.

And if that cyclist was doing 100 mph weaving through traffic, do you think that there is any way the cop would NOT write him a ticket or impound the bike? No way.

Once that cop loses his job, I honestly hope that the cyclist is safe. I hope we don't read online next week about a man being shot by a disgruntled ex-cop. Because that cop certainly comes across to me as potentially being that type of person. What a creep. I would have sped away, law or no law.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-04-2017 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-04-2017, 09:39 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,878 times
Clearly something happened prior to the start of the video. When the cop comes up to the biker he clearly is "fired up" with road rage and because he is a cop he thinks he can brandish a weapon and scare the dude on the bike. Why was no ticket issued? Why no siren?

Old 09-04-2017, 09:40 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
The dude is a badge heavy cop. But in an encounter within arms reach the gun should never be extended, cop or regular folk. That is how you get your pistol snatched before you can react.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies