Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:04 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Srsly. It just looked like a middle aged man in a jacket with a gun pointed. Nothing like a policeman.
The police car was right behind the bike with lights flashing. You can see it in the video.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:54 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Cop should have approached the motorcyclist while displaying his badge in plain sight while keeping his gun handy but out of sight. So I would say the cop was out of line. But the motorcyclist strikes me as being less than honest. He says the claim that he was riding 100 mph was a "fabrication" and "exaggeration" so then he must have known the speed he was riding at. But he doesn't say. Maybe it was 90 mph? Maybe 80 mph? I'd say it was likely he was riding in an unsafe and reckless manner which is why the cop pulled him over. So he doesn't exactly strike me as being an upstanding citizen. And now I'll bet he's angling for a nice fat settlement courtesy of the taxpayers of that jurisdiction.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:41 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well the lights in his car were obviously flashing. How long had he followed him with them flashing without the biker seeing him? Should the gun have been drawn? No. But the biker was surely in another world to not have seen lights in his rear view. I would think that someone who rides a bike would be constantly observing their surroundings, especially coming up to a stop light. And if he had been paying attention, random people don't have blue and red lights flashing in their cars, that is illegal. If the dude was doing 100+ then he is an idiot.

Detectives should not be doing traffic stops unless the driver is doing something so egregious and unsafe.
Do you have a link to a video that shows the car the cop exited out of had flashing red / blue lights ?
Please link it here.

In the original video the biker actually turns his head back towards the car (which I missed before) and there are no flashing lights. You can only see this for about 1 second.

The video looks like a robbery to me.

Also, isn't police protocol designed to protect the public and the police ? Sooner or later one of these cops are going to get blown away.

I also will bet a million dollars that this cop would never have rolled up like that on some one wearing "colors".

Old 09-04-2017, 11:47 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Do you have a link to a video that shows the car the cop exited out of had flashing red / blue lights ?
Please link it here.

In the original video the biker actually turns his head back towards the car (which I missed before) and there are no flashing lights. You can only see this for about 1 second.

The video looks like a robbery to me.

Also, isn't police protocol designed to protect the public and the police ? Sooner or later one of these cops are going to get blown away.

I also will bet a million dollars that this cop would never have rolled up like that on some one wearing "colors".
Well try watching the video in the OP at 2:10 on til 2:40 and you can clearly see the flashing blue and red lights in his windshield. If you cannot see them I cannot help you further.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:47 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well try watching the video in the OP at 2:10 on til 2:40 and you can clearly see the flashing blue and red lights in his windshield. If you cannot see them I cannot help you further.
That's good info, but that's not the video I originally watched which was posted on some newspaper site or TV station site. However, there's still no video evidence of the police car following the biker on the highway and or off the highway. The lights only come one when they are both stopped.

You can not hear anything while on a motorcycle especially with a full face helmet on and riding at highway speeds. All the more reason to be watching your mirrors while riding. I highly doubt this biker failed to pull over on the highway if the police were behind him.

Also, in the conversation between the two neither one mentions seeing each other on the highway. If the cop was trying to pull him over on the highway before being stopped in traffic that's the first thing he would have said.

In addition to violating policy by pulling the gun, the cop also violated policy on traffic stops. You do not pull someone over in the middle of the road where yourself or the subject can get run over. Proper procedure is to wait until you're in a clear area then execute the stop.

Traffic procedure is the last thing this cop needs to be worried about though.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:53 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And now I'll bet he's angling for a nice fat settlement courtesy of the taxpayers of that jurisdiction.
Probably so. And that is the cop's fault and the fault of whoever it was that didn't train him properly or properly evaluate his psychological makeup. After the settlement, maybe the department will hire someone who is competent next time.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
That's good info, but that's not the video I originally watched which was posted on some newspaper site or TV station site. However, there's still no video evidence of the police car following the biker on the highway and or off the highway. The lights only come one when they are both stopped.

You can not hear anything while on a motorcycle especially with a full face helmet on and riding at highway speeds. All the more reason to be watching your mirrors while riding. I highly doubt this biker failed to pull over on the highway if the police were behind him.

Also, in the conversation between the two neither one mentions seeing each other on the highway. If the cop was trying to pull him over on the highway before being stopped in traffic that's the first thing he would have said.

In addition to violating policy by pulling the gun, the cop also violated policy on traffic stops. You do not pull someone over in the middle of the road where yourself or the subject can get run over. Proper procedure is to wait until you're in a clear area then execute the stop.

Traffic procedure is the last thing this cop needs to be worried about though.
Thing is we don't know the answers to my questions and you don't know that anything is true that you posted either. The cop was over the top but the biker may not be an angel based on things posted in the comments section of his video.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:00 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
That thug cop probably endangered many more drivers than the guy on the bike, who mostly endangered himself. And did the cop think the bike rider may have had a third hand holding a gun. Ego-driven, tough thinking cowardly cop. Again.

Old 09-04-2017, 02:51 PM

This guy has an ax to grind.

"If you consider speeding reckless"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JXw6xSBUkU

Old 09-04-2017, 02:54 PM

8,063 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
More outta control cops emboldend by president moron
Yep. This is a new thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies