Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:00 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Refugees should be helped in the nearest place to where they come from and send back when the place is safe again.

It is clear that the majority of refugees will not assimilate and that is why refugees are causing their own problem in society.

https://www.heartland.org/news-opini...tter-education

This is just one case of refugees who sue and there are many other examples... it is like they are not even grateful for escaping a bad situation.

Aside from that many refugees travel back and forward to visit family, so how can their own country be dangerous if they go back.

I agree. The wars that they are fleeing from will someday end so the refugees should be kept closer to home so they can go back and rebuild their countries.

I can't understand why we have this crazy idea that it is better for these people to pull them from their ancestral homes and plant them into a society that is so different then theirs. We don't do this to animals because they would suffer.
Another oddity is how we often see young men coming over first, leaving their women and kids in the war torn poor areas?

We have seen too many times where the refugees do not assimilate and instead will bring their problems with them which then become our problems.

I am thankful that we have Trump as the voice of reason in this matter instead of the typical Dem that would be telling us how great these people are, how much we need them in our society and how bad we are for not welcoming them with open arms.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Canada welcomes them.. let them go there .

Old 12-26-2017, 09:51 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Canada welcomes them.. let them go there .
Trudeau will accept all he can take

Old 12-27-2017, 07:58 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Trudeau will accept all he can take
Sounds like a win/win.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
.......Another oddity is how we often see young men coming over first, leaving their women and kids in the war torn poor areas?........
I thought that was very strange also. Why weren't they back home fighting for their homelands?

Old 12-27-2017, 08:04 AM

https://www.heartland.org/news-opini...tter-education

"......Qassim Hassan, a Somali refugee, took to the stand in August and told a federal court through an interpreter, “I did not find the school that I deserved.”

Did he get what he deserved in Somaila?

What a f'ng ingrate.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:04 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree. The wars that they are fleeing from will someday end so the refugees should be kept closer to home so they can go back and rebuild their countries.

I can't understand why we have this crazy idea that it is better for these people to pull them from their ancestral homes and plant them into a society that is so different then theirs. We don't do this to animals because they would suffer.
Another oddity is how we often see young men coming over first, leaving their women and kids in the war torn poor areas?

We have seen too many times where the refugees do not assimilate and instead will bring their problems with them which then become our problems.

I am thankful that we have Trump as the voice of reason in this matter instead of the typical Dem that would be telling us how great these people are, how much we need them in our society and how bad we are for not welcoming them with open arms.
We are not “pulling” them, they are fleeing to stay alive. Europe didn’t really have much of a choice but Canada has done a great job of accepting refugees, pretty embarrassing response by the US. Trump has done a great job of instilling fear in his base, sad moment.

These are families being rejected by the US, I don’t know where you came up with young men. I doubt you even met a refugee other than what you get from right wing sources.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-refugee...d/4011848.html

Refugees plummeted from 6,955 during an average August prior to Trump taking office to 910 this August under Trump.

https://www.the-american-interest.co...ies-resurface/

Meanwhile, Angela Merkel's Germany is facing a surge 300,000 Syrian and Iraq Refugees.
With ISIS almost gone there should hardly be any refugee in need to enter US.

As candidate Trump stated, refugees need to be helped in the area where they live, in a safe zone!

Don't break up families but keep them together in the area where they were born!

Old 12-27-2017, 08:18 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post
Germany has been overgenerous. Europe has been overgenerous.

The United States is much more responsible for the current refugee crisis than Germany, so they should be accepting more.

The individual responsible for the "refugee" crisis is Mohammed. That jack*** has been dead for centuries, though, so the blame rests with those who continue his legacy.

Old 12-27-2017, 08:25 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We are not “pulling” them, they are fleeing to stay alive. Europe didn’t really have much of a choice but Canada has done a great job of accepting refugees, pretty embarrassing response by the US. Trump has done a great job of instilling fear in his base, sad moment.

These are families being rejected by the US, I don’t know where you came up with young men. I doubt you even met a refugee other than what you get from right wing sources.
Now that ISIS is defeated there should not be any more refugees. A massive airlift and boat lift should be taking place to return these people to their homes. They should go and make Syria and Iraq great again. Neither the US or Canada should take them since the crisis is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies