Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,015,027 times

Advertisements

All they're doing is ensuring another 4 years. Keep it up, idiots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,470,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

Obama sold BS and people paid for it and ate it up like a sandwich without the bread. Lie after lie never went out of fashion as long as he was in office. No one who bought his BS has any credibility to complain about lying.

What did Obama peddle?

Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,903,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
he isn't personally profiting from sales.
You can't possibly believe that Trump doesn't profit from the sales of his caps; caps that probably cost $3 apiece to make (in China, of course).

Old 09-05-2017, 10:49 AM

10,065 posts, read 6,362,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What did Obama peddle?
Nothing, but I remember the outrage when Michelle wore a sleeveless dress. The hypocrisy is strong here!

Old 09-05-2017, 10:53 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,614,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I guess some people raised their eyebrows at the fact that Mr. Trump sells said hats on his website:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/collections/headwear

$40 a pop.

However, he did not actively shill the hats during his visits, so no harm done, in my mind.

I have no doubt that if Mr. Obama had worn hats that he was selling, people would be of the same mind. I doubt anyone would have started a thread condemning Mr. Obama, as President, for wearing hats that he was also selling. No doubt at all.
it is unethical and you know it. If trump was donating 100% of the proceeds to a formal arms length charity that would be more acceptable.

but as it stands we will need to rewrite the law to prevent this in future. Trump has been so bad as to require dozens of new laws that will limit the powers of the POTUS and will prevent these ethical issues. NO other potus in modern history has done anything like this, Chump cheapens the office. and we know you know but don't want to admit it yet. but over 60% of americans think Trump is a liar and dishonest.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
he isn't personally profiting from sales.
Oh no? Are you absolutely sure about that?

Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
CNN is upset that the President of the USA wore a hat that said "USA". I guess they don't have anything else to complain about so they just keep looking for anything to bash Trump about.
------------
Very #FakeNews CNN Says Trump Was Wrong to Wear USA Hat to Texas - It's Unethical
CNN reported about a group that was upset about the hat. CNN was not unhappy about the hat.

So are you saying CNN should only report stories if they side with the group they are reporting on?

That's an interesting view of journalism.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I guess some people raised their eyebrows at the fact that Mr. Trump sells said hats on his website:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/collections/headwear

$40 a pop.

However, he did not actively shill the hats during his visits, so no harm done, in my mind.

I have no doubt that if Mr. Obama had worn hats that he was selling, people would be of the same mind. I doubt anyone would have started a thread condemning Mr. Obama, as President, for wearing hats that he was also selling. No doubt at all.
CNN reported on those that were upset.

CNN did not say it was upset.

But reading comprehension seems to be a murky concept for some.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:07 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,971,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
CNN reported on those that were upset.

CNN did not say it was upset.

But reading comprehension seems to be a murky concept for some.

It is indeed, if one were to read my response again.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it is unethical and you know it. If trump was donating 100% of the proceeds to a formal arms length charity that would be more acceptable.

but as it stands we will need to rewrite the law to prevent this in future.
What a stupid post. But I understand. In your mind everything he does is unethical.

So how would you word this new law? POTUS can't wear anything sold by his companies? So if Michael Dell gets elected he would have to give up his Dell laptop?

You guys are pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies