Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Uh, off the top of my head SJWs own Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Berkeley, Los Angeles, Boulder, and Madison.

Not influence...own.
rubbish talk and what is more you know it. you are just trying to push a myth and failing badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 05:54 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Are you sure? I've seen the "white people should shut up" and the "men should shut up" ideas tossed around with abandon in certain circles over the past couple of years.
one of the many tactics of people like you is to leave out context and play the victim card. Nice try. You're trying the "we should respect different viewpoints" angle without acknowledging why in 2017 people would not want to here some of the hatred that yall spew out as "a different view". Again, normally I would go on a huge rant. But I can now sum up what you're attempting with a simple phrase...you're not providing CONTEXT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Can you list some of the policy prescriptions that you feel will produce this better society? Is this mainly a matter of top-down / central authoritarian planning?
There's should be a single person that claims to be about equality fighting to hard for slavery statues. And that's exactly what they are. There are whole threads about them, so lets not go into that. But I'm just proving a point. People are being dragged kicking and screaming forward while they clutch their, statues, confederate flags, and tiki torches. Many of you still sit here and tap dance around each and every police shooting of a black person, but you magically find sympathy for the couple of times white women were attacked recently. At a certain point police will be reformed, they are messing with everyone regardless of race, and yet there are still some that say they need to be allowed to do this to "thugs".

Anyways, welcome to 2017. Old-timey republican/conservative ways of thinking aren't going to just be the way of the land anymore.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:59 PM

993 posts, read 766,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what keeps racism alive are all those screaming racism.
No. What keeps racism alive and thriving is people like you who believe it shouldn't be discussed.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:05 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
What the heck is this thread about?

You go to the airport and witness mixed race couples and families - and somehow that leads you to create a thread in which Democrats are screaming 'racism' at their TV's?
Was wondering the same thing? The op should check on their meds schedule.

Think the idea was just to stir crap up.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:39 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what keeps racism alive are all those screaming racism.
No, what keeps racism alive is being a bigot in the first place. Stop bring a bigot, then racism will stop.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Was wondering the same thing? The op should check on their meds schedule.

Think the idea was just to stir crap up.
OP's gotta meet her weekly quota of talking about nothing while trying to blame liberals for whatever it is in the OP.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:13 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
one of the many tactics of people like you is to leave out context and play the victim card. Nice try. You're trying the "we should respect different viewpoints" angle without acknowledging why in 2017 people would not want to here some of the hatred that yall spew out as "a different view". Again, normally I would go on a huge rant. But I can now sum up what you're attempting with a simple phrase...you're not providing CONTEXT.
Ahh, people like me. The hatred that people like me spew. Great talking to you, as always.

I'm not playing a victim card. I don't feel victimized, nor do I seek to feel victimized. I'm just stating what I've seen and asking if you're sure that time is over.

It seems to me that you also left out any context when you wrote "the times of being able to tell certain groups to just 'shut up' is over." And of the many times I've seen that expressed toward white people, straight people, men, cisgender people etc. in the past couple of years it has almost always come with a lack of context as well.
Quote:
There's should be a single person that claims to be about equality fighting to hard for slavery statues. And that's exactly what they are. There are whole threads about them, so lets not go into that. But I'm just proving a point. People are being dragged kicking and screaming forward while they clutch their, statues, confederate flags, and tiki torches. Many of you still sit here and tap dance around each and every police shooting of a black person, but you magically find sympathy for the couple of times white women were attacked recently. At a certain point police will be reformed, they are messing with everyone regardless of race, and yet there are still some that say they need to be allowed to do this to "thugs".
Are your policy prescription ideas for creating a better society 1) getting rid of certain statues and 2) reforming the police?

How can we have a discussion when you use "people like you" and "many of you." I'm an individual, just like you are.
Quote:
Old-timey republican/conservative ways of thinking aren't going to just be the way of the land anymore.
Okay. I'm not a Republican. I'm not a post-modern SJW either.

I'm basically for free minds, free markets, powerful individuals, and limited government. Do you think we should get further away from these concepts?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:35 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The flaw in [the OP's] analysis is the assumption of all or nothing....ergo...mutual exclusivity.
OP did not do that.

Quote:
In other words, you are arguing that because some people get along fine interracial....therefore they must all do. Well....birds of a feather flock together.
That's not what OP stated.

OP merely observed that despite Lefty Librul Progressives continually shrieking "Racist" and "Racism", most people seem to get along quite well.

Quote:
Today, just because some white get along with blacks or even voted for a black president, does not mean that there are not many other whites who are against black people.
I doubt that many whites are "against" blacks. That's absurd. I think most people wish that everyone could be doing well.

Old 09-05-2017, 07:46 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Racism does not really exist at least not in the traditional sense but is currently a political catch all misused by the Democrats in their daily attempt to cause chaos everywhere.
Please leave the back yard sometimes... Racism is very real, unless you live eat and work surrounded only by your own people .

Old 09-06-2017, 02:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
OP did not do that.

That's not what OP stated.

OP merely observed that despite Lefty Librul Progressives continually shrieking "Racist" and "Racism", most people seem to get along quite well.

I doubt that many whites are "against" blacks. That's absurd. I think most people wish that everyone could be doing well.
Exactly!!!

Lefties don't like what I wrote and try to make it look like I'm nuts but meanwhile we see around us people of all races and backgrounds, getting along very well.

We deal in our job with literally all categories of people that Democrats wants us to hate.

According to democrats we don't like the so called "rainbow" category but we don't ask questions regarding personal privacy behavior, just financial questions in our line of work.

The left will hate to see how we are not like the left wishes we were.

In the end the left is the racist, bigot one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies