Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 06:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you read any of my posts prior to this?

The point you are making, is exactly the point you are making.
Sure, I don't disagree. It was more of a general comment.

I'm just saying you're all wasting your time trying to assign "blame" for who are the people supporting the "alt-right" since there is no breakdown.

I wouldn't say it's a crazy leap to assume most (all?) of these people are Republicans, but we don't know that...so it's a useless discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 06:37 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Sure, I don't disagree. It was more of a general comment.

I'm just saying you're all wasting your time trying to assign "blame" for who are the people supporting the "alt-right" since there is no breakdown.

I wouldn't say it's a crazy leap to assume most (all?) of these people are Republicans, but we don't know that...so it's a useless discussion.
So, you did not read my posts.....

But with your above comment "I wouldn't say it's a crazy leap to assume most (all?) of these people are Republicans" is a complete lie and you 99% contradicted yourself.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:39 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
If extrapolated to the entire US population, thats a larger population than the state of texas and close to the entire population of California that support a radical right wing movement. It looks like the lefts strategy of race conflict, tearing down white monuments , the browning of america massive illegal immigration and demographic displacement is having a great influence. Well done Antifa/BLM and left wingers

1 in 10 say it's acceptable to hold neo-Nazi views (POLL) - ABC News

https://twitter.com/wjfrisby/status/904417862374367232
I could quite honestly not care less what views another person holds, so I guess I would follow under the category of "it's okay to hold those views." That doesn't mean I agree with them, or that I want to see them spread. It simply means that I don't think that we should hold one's thoughts to be illegal.

I've known racists who, when the chips were down, would give their last dollar to someone whose race they didn't like. On the other hand, I've known "non-racists" who were the biggest jerks I've ever met in my life and wouldn't cross the street to help an old lady change a tire.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
So, you did not read my posts.....

But with your above comment "I wouldn't say it's a crazy leap to assume most (all?) of these people are Republicans" is a complete lie and you 99% contradicted yourself.
It's not a crazy leap, but I wouldn't make it. Since there is no data. A statement without data is worth nothing.

Oh, and I read your original comment. Calling out "the left". Thanks for checking, though?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:43 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's not a crazy leap, but I wouldn't make it. Since there is no data. A statement without data is worth nothing.

Oh, and I read your original comment. Calling out "the left". Thanks for checking, though?
Perfect....you read nothing I wrote....congrats on showing you have no clue...

Why would I expect anything other than a leftist.....

Please provide what "my original comment" was by providing the post number.

This way we can all see who is telling the truth....

Old 09-05-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Perfect....you read nothing I wrote....congrats on showing you have no clue...

Why would I expect anything other than a leftist.....

Please provide what "my original comment" was by providing the post number.

This way we can all see who is telling the truth....
Sure:
Quote:
Funny, more dems were polled in this thread and it's all about repubs?

Maybe some of these lefties on here can show me in those graphs where it differentiates between dems and repubs....

As you may or may not have noticed, the thread title states "Americans support" not the right supports...

Again.....a lot of reading comprehension problems, on the left....
Were you not calling out "the left"?

Your post just above this one is unnecessarily combative. I'm agreeing with your premise. It feels like you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
If extrapolated to the entire US population, thats a larger population than the state of texas and close to the entire population of California that support a radical right wing movement. It looks like the lefts strategy of race conflict, tearing down white monuments , the browning of america massive illegal immigration and demographic displacement is having a great influence. Well done Antifa/BLM and left wingers

1 in 10 say it's acceptable to hold neo-Nazi views (POLL) - ABC News

https://twitter.com/wjfrisby/status/904417862374367232
Sorry--but are you trying to argue that that figure is meaningful?

So 90% do not support them. That's a lot more people than do.

Are you actually posting this alt-right support stuff from Italy, where you said you would be this week?

Old 09-05-2017, 06:51 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Again I know my assumption is bad but I don't think that is a crazy leap just as saying most BPP members are either democrats or have their own fringe party, same with ANTIFA and SJWs. I don't have any evidence but it is pretty obvious to most people. You keep pointing out a large amount of the people were democrats as if that proves anything, I mean I shouldn't assume without facts but I personally think 90% of the people who supported neo-nazism and 100% of the people who considered themselves Alt-Right are Republicans and Independents.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:53 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
"In August. Steve Bannon referred to Breitbart News as "the platform for the alt-right"

That's really strange that Trumps main man in the campaign and his closest advisor for the past 7 months describes his own publication as being of this so-called "desperate" bent.
Booo facts....better to wallow in a nice broth of ignorance and confirmation bias with a hearty helping of Dunning Kruger effect to top it all off instead

Old 09-05-2017, 07:00 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You are aware (or maybe not) that Trump utilized identity politics to get elected, right?
That is correct. Trump used the Progressives' favorite weapon against them.

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/02/time...e-agenda-down/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies