Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 02:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I knew conservatives would never be able to smoke weed and function. They ruin everything.

Just like above. Republicans need to switch back to Cocaine, it suits the mouth foamers and neck beards far more than Marijuana.
Cocaine might certainly speed up Turtle Boy McConnell ...that's for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
There is ZERO evidence that a hurricane or anything is headed towards Florida. It's a complete lie....fabricated content. There is also ZERO evidence that a hurricane hit houston...all lies and fake pictures/videos being sold to the American public to mislead them.
I suppose now all the people on this forum who live in Texas, or who traveled there to help after Harvey, are plants working for George Soros, too.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
rush wasnt saying that irma itself was a liberal conspiracy, but rather the panic they induce when these storms are first noted and tracked.
Fox news says "Hurricane Irma 'extremely dangerous' Category 5 storm, evacuations ordered for Florida Keys."
Hurricane Irma 'extremely dangerous' Category 5 storm, evacuations ordered for Florida Keys | Fox News

And "President Trump declared emergencies in Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, which allows for the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA to coordinate disaster relief efforts there. "
Trump declares Hurricane Irma emergencies as Florida worries megastorm could be worse than Harvey | Fox News

Conservative media outlets and presidents also take part in spreading hurricane panic.

Quote:
the media creates a panic situation, and the people go out and buy up all the bottled water they can get their hands on, despite the fact they already have a clean source of pre hurricane water they can tap into. its right at their own faucets. they can fill up empty bottles of water and store that and not have to go to the store and hope that there is water left on the shelves.
I have especially noticed this with my local news stations. But whether you are local news, CNN, or Fox news the objective is the same (to get and hook as many viewers as possible.)

As a New Orleans resident I always use websites like the following to get most of my hurricane information. And that stops me from falling into the media hype and panic.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...hurricane-irma

Mike's Weather Page... powered by Sparks Energy!
National Hurricane Center

And people always attack the liberal media, but the conservative media outlets literally use real life propaganda techniques to spread fear and panic for just about every news story imaginable.

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox 'News' Uses to Brainwash Americans | Alternet

Quote:
and that is where the conspiracy is. pushing the panic button several days out without knowing the true track of the storms in question.
I fully see the points you are making. But I have lived in hurricane prone New Orleans my whole life, and I would prefer the panic button being pushed too early rather than too late. Evacuating for a storm is stressful in multiple ways and nothing sucks worse than a last minute evacuation, while worrying about the security of your house, and then sitting in slow moving bumper to bumper evacuation traffic for hours and hours.

When people are warned by more than a week in advance they have time to prepare, to get their businesses caught up and properly shut down, to get their homes and gardens ready, to safeguard animals like exotic pets, and to collect their most valuable possessions. And I believe the media creating early panic is better than waiting till the last minute to warn people about a hurricane.

Last edited by chad3; 09-06-2017 at 03:43 AM..

Old 09-06-2017, 03:28 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Fox news says "Hurricane Irma 'extremely dangerous' Category 5 storm, evacuations ordered for Florida Keys."
Hurricane Irma 'extremely dangerous' Category 5 storm, evacuations ordered for Florida Keys | Fox News

...<snip>
As a New Orleans resident I always use websites like the following to get most of my hurricane information. And that stops me from falling into the media hype and panic.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurrica...hurricane-irma

<...snip...

I fully see the points you are making. But I have lived in hurricane prone New Orleans my whole life, and I would prefer the panic button being pushed too early rather than too late. Evacuating for a storm is stressful in multiple ways and nothing sucks worse than a last minute evacuation, while worrying about the security of your house, and then sitting in slow moving bumper to bumper evacuation traffic for hours and hours.

When people are warned by more than a week in advance they have time to prepare, to get their businesses caught up and properly shut down, to get their homes and gardens ready, to safeguard animals like exotic pets, and to collect their most valuable possessions. And I believe the media creating early panic is better than waiting till the last minute to warn people about a hurricane.
The link I bolded is my favourite source for realistic and accurate hurricane information. Dr Jeff Masters is still dedicated to pure meteorological science and he's never been dramatic or extremest in his presentation of hurricane weather.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
The is strong evidence that Harvey was the result of liberal commie conspiracy. Do some research.
LoL..I guess nobody gets sarcasm around here.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:17 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Cocaine might certainly speed up Turtle Boy McConnell ...that's for sure!
I'd like to see proof a lobotomy hasn't already been performed on McConnell. We already know he's spineless, what else is left? Can't waste good drugs on a dolt like him.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:43 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
LoL..I guess nobody gets sarcasm around here.
It's so hard to tell these days.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:50 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
There is ZERO evidence that a hurricane or anything is headed towards Florida. It's a complete lie....fabricated content. There is also ZERO evidence that a hurricane hit houston...all lies and fake pictures/videos being sold to the American public to mislead them.
Another flat earther eh?

Old 09-06-2017, 05:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
I've yet to see any evidence or pictures showing that a hurricane is headed towards florida...so I fully agree. Just another lie perpetuated by the dishonest liberal media
Most projections of the hurricane have it heading in Floridas general direction, to think this is a media generated scheme is absurd,,after watching what Harvey did to Texas its only natural people are going to get a bit panicky when a bigger stronger storm is headed their way.
Looking at latest trajectory models has it impacting Florida by Monday=
Hurricane Irma path update: Latest models reveal Florida threat | Weather | News | Express.co.uk

Does Limbaugh think people should just ignore the threat?

Old 09-06-2017, 05:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Limbaugh on Hurricane Irma: Powerful Storm or Liberal Conspiracy?

Maybe god hates Pubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Harvey and Irma is punishment by God on Texas and Florida for voting for tRump! Weren't Harvey and Irma both seen wearing MAGA caps?

^^^
THIS!

It's karma in action.

Don't mess with god.

Payback is, well you know...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies