Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 09:18 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
The point was is that Trump needs to understand what those in Huston went though.
Nonsense.
The point was Trump "needs to be punished" and you wished it would happen. Didn't matter that many other people would be hurt. You just wanted to punish Trump.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:18 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Irma's coming ashore within days. Can you imagine the damage and personal losses about to occur?

America is getting hammered beyond anything seen since Katrina. You can hate the messenger but you know the message is right: petty politics has no place in natural disasters. The puerile bickering displayed is uncharacteristic to say the least.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:19 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
People need forcible language to counter their forcible hatred.

Come on down to Texas and spend some time bearing witness to what we have going on down here. I guarangoddamntee one won't feel compelled to make tasteless disaster commentary so quickly after you've experienced someone crying on your shoulder because you gave them a new f'ing toothbrush and a clean pillow. This isn't funny stuff.
I've lived in Texas. I've lived amongst its people. They have never cornered the market on kindness. They do live to pat themselves in the back.

The people who lived through Sandy didn't get money from the federal government the way Texas will. The people in the northeast helped each other out too. They just don't wear their kindness on thei sleeve.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:22 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I've lived in Texas. I've lived amongst its people. They have never cornered the market on kindness. They do live to pat themselves in the back.

The people who lived through Sandy didn't get money from the federal government the way Texas will. The people in the northeast helped each other out too. They just don't wear their kindness on thei sleeve.
You seem to think there's a competition of some sort taking place here. There isn't.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:25 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

I sure hope I don't come to your ED for treatment. Gee. Texas BAD, Northeast GOOD. Seems more the opposite to me, and I LIVE in the Northeast.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I sure hope I don't come to your ED for treatment. Gee. Texas BAD, Northeast GOOD. Seems more the opposite to me, and I LIVE in the Northeast.
I'm not sure what relevance there was in ED's post. Nobody was discussing the manners of Texans. Only the misery that millions of them are enduring at present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies