Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 09:53 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times

Advertisements

I find it funny as hell how the avid Trump supporters are now having to work so hard to justify anything that Trump does with the Democrats. After all, they usually have one screed after another about how horrible and insignificant Democrats are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 10:03 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If Dems would learn to be a little more moderate and compromise there should be enough Moderate Republicans around to actually get some laws passed.

I do believe much of the blame lies at the feet of the media keeping the left stirred and hate for any R President.
cool story but you are ignoring the Republican abuses of position over the last 6 years. media have just reported the TRUTH of the republican abuses of power.

Republicans closed down the federal government to rebuke the POTUS. republicans refused to vote on over 100 judges appointed by Obama. Republicans STOLE a SCOTUS seat . never before in US history as a party denied a POTUS the right to appoint a SC Judge! never!

6 six years of lying about ACA while trying to break it. The steadfast refusal to work with Obama and the blocking of all those judges and a SCOTUS judge .

you right wingers need to look in the mirror to figure out where all this hate and distrust comes from. Republicans have broken every rule, cheated, lied endlessly and picked the most hateful egregious liar as your candidate. Republicans refused for 6 years to act bipartisan and now that your side is failing you suddenly want co operation. But you will want bipartisan support only until a Dem is in power and at that point your side will go right back to your hateful lying ways. Obstruction for over 6 years and now when the shoe is on the other foot, the rightwingers lie and blame the dems.

let not forget folks, the Republicans control all three branches, so they don't need bipartisan support they need to stop fighting each other.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I find it funny as hell how the avid Trump supporters are now having to work so hard to justify anything that Trump does with the Democrats. After all, they usually have one screed after another about how horrible and insignificant Democrats are.
Many snowflakes are melting in "con land". But since they refuse to ever stand up for anything (except that which Trump does is automatically GRREEEAAAT), they will go along with him, even when he makes ObamaCare greater.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool story but you are ignoring the Republican abuses of position over the last 6 years. media have just reported the TRUTH of the republican abuses of power.

Republicans closed down the federal government to rebuke the POTUS. republicans refused to vote on over 100 judges appointed by Obama. Republicans STOLE a SCOTUS seat . never before in US history as a party denied a POTUS the right to appoint a SC Judge! never!

6 six years of lying about ACA while trying to break it. The steadfast refusal to work with Obama and the blocking of all those judges and a SCOTUS judge .

you right wingers need to look in the mirror to figure out where all this hate and distrust comes from. Republicans have broken every rule, cheated, lied endlessly and picked the most hateful egregious liar as your candidate. Republicans refused for 6 years to act bipartisan and now that your side is failing you suddenly want co operation. But you will want bipartisan support only until a Dem is in power and at that point your side will go right back to your hateful lying ways. Obstruction for over 6 years and now when the shoe is on the other foot, the rightwingers lie and blame the dems.

let not forget folks, the Republicans control all three branches, so they don't need bipartisan support they need to stop fighting each other.
This is so very true but Republicans will never all agree - they have "sold out" to so many buyers that, if they agree on certain things, they will be voted out of office (individually). So what we are seeing is what happens due to Citizens United and other actions which allowed all these politicians to be bought.

Turns out you can't sell the same property over and over again to different people without squabbles about ownership.

But, when all is said and done, the Kochs and Mercers and friends will still own them. Those folks couldn't care less about more immigrants - in fact, they will welcome them. Kochs are for open borders, free trade, more air pollution, and a bigger deficit and debt. They will get what they want - because he who pays the bills calls the tune.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:14 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I like the message - GET SOMETHING DONE. WORK TOGETHER, CONGRESS. I personally like that Trump isn't playing partisan games.

I am seriously thinking about writing all our local and state representatives, from both parties, and telling them, "GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND GET SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE DONE OR I'LL VOTE FOR YOUR COMPETITION NEXT GO ROUND AND I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT PARTY THEY REPRESENT AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT A CAREER POLITICIAN."

Old 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I like the message - GET SOMETHING DONE. WORK TOGETHER, CONGRESS. I personally like that Trump isn't playing partisan games.

I am seriously thinking about writing all our local and state representatives, from both parties, and telling them, "GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND GET SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE DONE OR I'LL VOTE FOR YOUR COMPETITION NEXT GO ROUND AND I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT PARTY THEY REPRESENT AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT A CAREER POLITICIAN."
So adding to the National Debt and not having a vote on it is "getting something done"?

They certainly could have passed money for the disasters without ignoring a budget deadline.

I know you mean well - but the real truth is that if you, I or the government just does everything we want that "feels good" we will soon all be very broke. In fact, we (the government) already are.

If you truly feel this way and support large tax increases then you are not a hypocrite. For example, that is my attitude - I know it takes more than what we are allocating to provide the services people want.

Instead, many are pushing for tax cuts. That's plain silly. Irresponsible, in other words.

The problem here is that we have to have consistency. Other countries do and they will clean our clocks if we don't.

Simple example:

You want a car

1. You get a job
2. You cover your basic living expenses
3. You save for a down payment and work harder so you will have plenty to get the car.
4. You buy the car
5. You drive and enjoy the car.

The Politics you seem to be approve of consists of:

I want a car.
4. I buy the car
5. I drive the car.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:19 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
You still don't get it.

Trump supporters aren't "Democrats" or "Republicans" in the traditional sense.

But despite that, it doesn't stop one of us for calling these parties out for what they are. You ought to take lesson from it.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Trump is now officially a progressive liberal. Who would have thought?

Old 09-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump is now officially a progressive liberal. Who would have thought?
Uh, he's been a limo liberal his entire life. A NYC limo liberal.

This has nothing to do with his lack of qualifications as a human being or POTUS, but didn't people hear him saying during his campaign...

They should use whatever bathroom they like.
We are going to cover everyone with health care - even better.
We are going to pull out troops back from these foreign wars

(they may all be lies - but everything he says is a lie. Still, he said them).

I think Trumpies were too busy with the Reality TV shows and listening to Hate Radio to listen or research what he said.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You still don't get it.

Trump supporters aren't "Democrats" or "Republicans" in the traditional sense.

But despite that, it doesn't stop one of us for calling these parties out for what they are. You ought to take lesson from it.
How can you classify Trump supporters as being one thing?

Some are Billionaires - in fact MANY. Many are Wall Streeters worth only a couple hundred million.
Some are "Christians" who support a serial liar and adulterer and con artist.
Some are Nazi's and Militia and White Supremisists
Some are establishment Republicans hoping to get their way.
AND MANY OTHER SUB GROUPS.

Are you seriously claiming that the 60 million or so who voted for him are similar in some fashion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies