Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 05:36 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We're not complaining about it. We're happy the Democrats were able to pull off what they did.

Perhaps you're confusing "finding fault" with laughing, which is what we're doing. AT the GOP. Because even when they hold all the power, they still can't anything done.
Figures. Democrats will take credit for this. Both sides came together to compromise on something. Each side got something they wanted. It may not be perfect, but *something* is getting done.

Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Former Pres. Clinton said what Trump accomplished is "brilliant".

Politics is a complicated game that both sides play. There are rarely any big winners in it. You win some and you lose some.

But you HAVE to work together and the word "compromise" is not always a dirty word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 06:48 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Figures. Democrats will take credit for this. Both sides came together to compromise on something. Each side got something they wanted. It may not be perfect, but *something* is getting done.

Politics is a complicated game that both sides play. There are rarely any big winners in it. You win some and you lose some.

But you HAVE to work together and the word "compromise" is not always a dirty word.
Exactly.

This was a terrific short-term solution to the problem. FEMA could use the money and Congress has three months to figure out the debt ceiling/budget problem.

Republicans carry on constantly about the national debt and how this can't go on. Now they will have their chance to vote on this very thing in December.

Hopefully, the hurricanes will be over by then and they can vote a clean bill.

Fingers crossed.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:31 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,249,635 times
Only good meeting with Nancy or Chuck would be saying bye to them in their caskets.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:

I keep seeing that bolded statement here. I believe it was Waldo Kitty who first said it, but as far as I know, even though she was asked several times, she never provided verification for it. Since you are repeating it here, will you give us a link to show where he said it? Because I can't find it anywhere.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
It's amazing how the crowd that constantly complains of obstructionism by GOP, now finds one who reaches across the aisle to work with Democrats and finds fault with that.

Do these people ever really know where they stand?
But,but,but it was Truuuuuuump that did it so it HAS to be wrong!

Old 09-09-2017, 11:42 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Only good meeting with Nancy or Chuck would be saying bye to them in their caskets.
It must hard for you having so many other people around that don't cater to your way of thinking.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:14 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

This was a terrific short-term solution to the problem. FEMA could use the money and Congress has three months to figure out the debt ceiling/budget problem.

Republicans carry on constantly about the national debt and how this can't go on. Now they will have their chance to vote on this very thing in December.

Hopefully, the hurricanes will be over by then and they can vote a clean bill.

Fingers crossed.

i agree..and so does this article:

https://www.thenation.com/article/di...d-republicans/

Old 09-09-2017, 12:22 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I keep seeing that bolded statement here. I believe it was Waldo Kitty who first said it, but as far as I know, even though she was asked several times, she never provided verification for it. Since you are repeating it here, will you give us a link to show where he said it? Because I can't find it anywhere.
After an extensive web crawl. I could find nothing.

Of course, with Waldo Kitty as the source...I'm not all that surprised.

Not that it might not be true...Bill and Don are buddies..underneath it all. They do seem to have the same attitude towards women, for example.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Chuck and Nancy? No mean girl nicknames for them? Wonders never cease.
Mitch and Paul are mean-girl names?
Who knew?
Wonders will never cease.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:54 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I wonder what Chuck and Nancy got out of it?
They got the emergency funding up for an issue in 2018, an election year. Along with extending the debt limit.

The Republicans didn't want that hot potato to deal with next year; their plan was to extend the emergency funding bill out to 2019, when the election was over and it was safe to oppose again.

Ain't gonna happen now, though. The debt limit will be raised, the emergency funding bill will be fatter to pay for all the damages of the hurricanes and fires, and tax cuts just got taken off the table for a long time to come.

Because, in 9 months, another emergency funding bill will have to be passed again or the government will shut down again. In an election year, when a shutdown will really hurt anyone who votes for it. Trump just helped Pelosi and Shumer grab the Republican majority by the short hairs this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies