Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 01:31 PM

20,659 posts, read 8,422,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Trump's history of charitable giving is a travesty - there's no doubt about that. I'm just discussing this most recent pledge and announcement from the White House.
You mean like during the primaries when he pledged money to many veterans organizations? Trump was trashed by the presstitutes and propaganda media, "Where's the money? Where's the money?" He had the last laugh when he took advantage of free publicity to hold a press conference announcing the recipients. I'm sure that's one reason they've been very quiet this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 01:35 PM

20,659 posts, read 8,422,745 times
Where is the list of amounts other billionaires have given to Hurricane Harvey charities? Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett, George Soros, Mark Cuban, Elon Musk, the Silicon Valley crowd? If they donated, did it come out of their personal bank accounts or one of their foundations or tax shelters? Very important bit of info it seems, if you are a presstitute.

By the way, how much money have Hillary & Bill Clinton donated from the Clinton Foundation? They are notorious cheapskates and freeloaders so they'd never touch their personal account but surely the Foundation is a charity, right?

Old 09-07-2017, 02:13 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,013,499 times
Quote:
Oh you mean the same things that every other President has charged for. Gotcha.
What other president has blown through his yearly Secret Service budget in nine months because he takes virtually every weekend off? What other president has actually profited off of his SS coverage because they are forced to pay rent to the president's properties in order to cover him? Do you understand that Trump is making a profit off of the SS every time he stays at one of his own properties? Show me another president who did that.

You like to keep insisting that you are not a Trump supporter, but every single post you make shows that to be a lie.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:17 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,142,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You mean like during the primaries when he pledged money to many veterans organizations? Trump was trashed by the presstitutes and propaganda media, "Where's the money? Where's the money?" He had the last laugh when he took advantage of free publicity to hold a press conference announcing the recipients. I'm sure that's one reason they've been very quiet this time.
Turned out the money came from his foundation. Money which ,it turned out, came from other people then POTUS.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:30 PM

13,675 posts, read 8,959,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Where is the list of amounts other billionaires have given to Hurricane Harvey charities? Bill Gates, Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffett, George Soros, Mark Cuban, Elon Musk, the Silicon Valley crowd? If they donated, did it come out of their personal bank accounts or one of their foundations or tax shelters? Very important bit of info it seems, if you are a presstitute.

By the way, how much money have Hillary & Bill Clinton donated from the Clinton Foundation? They are notorious cheapskates and freeloaders so they'd never touch their personal account but surely the Foundation is a charity, right?
Why stop your list so short?

What about the Koch brothers, Wilbur Ross, Governor Jim Justice, Steve Bannon, Betsy DeVos, Linda McMahon, Sheldon Adelson, or Robert Mercer?

Of course, some or all may have contributed, but choose to not go public.

I will also point out that a charitable foundation cannot simply willy-nilly decide to send or spend money outside of the scope of the foundation. People donate to such foundations (not just the Clintons), based on what the foundation does. If the foundation is set up to help relieve poverty in parts of Africa, for instance, the foundation cannot simply say "Oh, we will send the donated money to help those in America hurt by a hurricane".

Cartloads of balderdash.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:35 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,908,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm betting many posters here on C-D donated. I'm also betting that the vast majority of them didn't feel the need to broadcast it publicly, patting themselves on the back so everyone can marvel at their generosity. That's what people like Donald Trump do.
I suppose Beyonce, Sandra Bullock, Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen deGeneres, Miley Cyrus, Kardashians and all the others who donated kept their mouths shut and donated secretly. If Trump didn't announce his donation, people would be calling him a Scrooge since he is a rich man and why didn't he donate some of it? Oh, wait....I think the Scrooge accusation has already been made because it appears one million dollars was not enough in some people's minds.

Now even donating isn't good enough....the vultures have to watch him like a hawk to see when those checks will be delivered. Are they checking on the other donors as well?

Trump asking for suggestions on charities to donate to was a positive thing - it's his money but he will let others suggest recommendations they feel are worthy. Now he is being criticized for taking suggestions. Can anyone else see how ridiculous this is? The poor man cannot win, no matter what he does.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:40 PM

37,867 posts, read 21,962,504 times
Quote:
And verifies that these donations are from his personal accounts:

White House lists 12 recipients of Trump's $1M Harvey donation - CNNPolitics

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...harvey-relief/

It is unclear whether or not the checks have been received but all the above recipients have been notified.

Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9ef98e36ab5a

So the organizations receiving the donations have been named - now let's see what happens.
Sure, whatever... the most important thing to many liberal democrat trump-haters, is what hat or shoes was he wearing when he signed to authorize his donations. Did he display enough empathy?

Old 09-07-2017, 02:44 PM

37,867 posts, read 21,962,504 times
Quote:
I'm betting many posters here on C-D donated. I'm also betting that the vast majority of them didn't feel the need to broadcast it publicly, patting themselves on the back so everyone can marvel at their generosity. That's what people like Donald Trump do.
And of course, you don't think Trump was just trying to lead by example, to encourage others who have the financial means, to also donate as he has? No, of course you don't, you seem to be too busy hating.

The liberal Trump-haters are simply despicable.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:49 PM

32,921 posts, read 12,225,477 times
Quote:
That is the million dollar question. It's too bad that someone making a charitable pledge cannot be taken at his word to follow through, but his past record dictates a healthy amount of skepticism now.

However, I'm thinking that knowing how carefully this will be followed, he will be forced to actually fork over the money. And I do like the charities on that list, so all in all it will be a good thing.
Re the bolded...that was my first thought when I read the list.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:07 PM

20,410 posts, read 12,311,635 times
I would like to kick Lawrence O'Donald in his ecogrexualprivateparts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies