Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:59 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times

Advertisements

It's just another racist term used by some minorities in an attempt to gain political power which they then abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 09:03 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Of course they wouldn't.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:11 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
It's just another racist term used by some minorities in an attempt to gain political power which they then abuse.
I always thought it (white privilege) was invented by Baizuo

(pronounced 'bye-tswaw') is a Chinese epithet meaning naive western educated person who advocated for peace and equality only to satisfy their own feeling of moral superiority. A baizuo only cares about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment; while being obsessed with political correctness to the extent that they import backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism.

The Chinese see the baizuo as ignorant and arrogant westerners who pity the rest of the world and think they are saviours.

Examples:

Hillary Clinton: 'We White Americans…Need to Recognize Our Privilege'

Bernie Sanders, 'When you're white ... you don't know what it's like to be poor'

Old 09-07-2017, 02:35 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dykgtGv8ozs

Old 09-07-2017, 05:32 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
It's a huge thing that gets talked about. Minorities/women complain about "white privilege/male privilege" etc. but if the roles were reversed do you think these same people would care? If we lived in a world where blacks were the dominating force and got all the good stuff and white people got totally screwed, would you see them doing everything they can to combat "black privilege"? If women were dominating, had all the nice stuff and set up the rules and men got constantly screwed do you think you'd see many women complaining about "female privilege"?

I know we like to all believe that we can live in a world where there are no biases, no preferential treatment, no discrimination/prejudice etc. but isn't that just an inevitability that, obviously, whoever makes up the majority will end up catering things to their own way? That by and large things will be more advantageous towards the majority? While it's true white people, at least white men have had the advantage in steering things towards the way they want it, the way it ultimately favors them even at the expense of others, isn't that just natural?

Now I am by no means any kind of feminist/SJW by any means, but it does irk me how much things go on and on about white/male "privilege" acting as if it's a uniquely male/white thing when I find that completely absurd.
Do you see organizations of Blacks or women forming to keep Mexicans away from prosperity? Arguing that other groups shouldn't enjoy any of the advantages they do? Bc that's what Conservative Whites do.

Why wonder about whether a hypothetical could exist when you can look at actual history to see if it does?

Old 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
The best example of male privilege which is a very real thing, I can give is... "I had a female boss once, she did not know how to lead. Women don't know how to lead.", IMO White Privilege sort of works in the same way, you treat white people as individuals and you treat everyone else as categories, the only people who treat white people the same way minorities are treated are SJW's always using terms like "the whites" or "all whites". Now in areas that aren't majority white this sort of collectives vs. individuals thing might be turned on its head like in Nigeria, we might say "Oyinbos(generic term for whites used across many Nigerian ethnic groups) always act funny when they see a bridge, always trying to kill themselves with bungee jumping, they are crazy." Of course their stereotypes of white people but unless your in a community that is overwhelmingly minority filled, no one really applies this stereotype to real life.

Old 09-07-2017, 05:57 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times

Like all things postmodern, "white privilege" sux

Old 09-07-2017, 07:53 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Pretty much everyone has some sort of privilege in some situations. Not everyone can be an obese pansexual left-handed disabled impoverished transgender person of color with Celiac's disease. But sadly, most people are hypocrites - they dismiss any privilege they have as irrelevant while whining loudly about any disadvantages they might have.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Honestly I wonder why the OP and other whites get offended by the phrase "white privilege." You should take your own advice and stop being snowflakes lol.

But really, if I had any sort of privilege or advantage based on gender or ethnicity, I'd have no problem with recognizing I do while also taking advantage of it. IMO most white men in America are aware of their privilege, they just won't admit it. That is why some get defensive about it. Those that don't get defensive about it know it is there and they take advantage like I would do and I have no problem with either but find it funny that so many of you complain about it and act like it doesn't exist when you know it does.
No, they just "work hard" to support "their kids" and someone else's kids. They don't dump them on the woman and society while running around like dogs in heat then cry that they're not being treated fairly.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
The best example of male privilege which is a very real thing, I can give is... "I had a female boss once, she did not know how to lead. Women don't know how to lead.",
hmm male chauvinist pig? Or maybe you who couldn't handle being led by a woman, you know, the easily bruised male ego that every woman knows is a very real thing.

As one woman told me a long time ago my 1st day on the job... "Around here, if you don't have something hanging between your legs don't ask". I laughed, after reading your post, maybe I shouldn't have. I've always wanted to ask a man who thinks like you do, ... What is it about that thing you got between your legs that makes you feel all powerful? Does it give you more brains?

Last edited by petch751; 09-07-2017 at 08:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies