Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 06:38 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I call whites that are racist against whites Uncle Jamaals and Aunt Jeminas. Most of them have been brainwashed at university.

About 99% of racism against whites is directed at white males.
poor guy.

I hope it gets better for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the analogy is perfect. You didn't break down why the post was wrong.
Actually I did. My point is that hating me because of my race is no different than people hating you because of yours. We are all individuals, and should be judged as individuals. I have no power over you. I am not the police, nor do I decide who gets into college or gets hired at my job.

I understand why there is resentment, but it is no way to live.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Everything being relative......if I have to take a step back for being cheated, even if you are not the cheater....that puts you in front of me. Again, keep in mind that racial issues are ultimately rooted in economics. Black economic inequality with whites is a vestige from the era of cheaters and the cheated. Hence, the collective economic displacement between blacks and white does not have the participation of all whites as a prerequisite of whites relative benefit.
I think that is such a limiting thought. I know black people who come to this country with no property, very little money, and no lineage here to speak of, yet they know they have opportunities they would never have in their countries. They work their butts off in school (many in the top 3-5%), and get into good schools. They don't accept that limited thinking. Heck, I know American blacks who don't accept it, and all are successful.

I watched a video on white privilege where they had lines chalked on the floor and individuals of all races lined up in the back. Then they asked a series of questions and told them if they had this or that they could move forward or take a step back if they didn't. Of course it's all about economics. I would have been near the back with the black kids growing up since I was raised by a single mom with no college who didn't make a lot of money. The thing that bothered me so much about it was the interviews with these kids going to a university (another thing I didn't have), and one black guy said even with a degree he didn't expect to make it above middle management because he is black. And you know what? He probably won't because he's limiting himself.

What is the point of these exercises? I think it's wrong to put that into people's heads. We should be about empowerment, not limitations.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually I did. My point is that hating me because of my race is no different than people hating you because of yours. We are all individuals, and should be judged as individuals. I have no power over you. I am not the police, nor do I decide who gets into college or gets hired at my job.

I understand why there is resentment, but it is no way to live.
What do you mean that its no way to live? Whites have the ability and resources and have had the ability and resources, to undo the damage to blacks that was created from centuries of white oppression made possible by laws of this nation. This is a nation of the people, by the people and for the people and hence "those people" were allowed to oppress blacks. Blacks live with the vestiges/wounds of that oppression and the nation, as a nation, cannot even bring itself to offer an official apology and any thought of a "Marshall Plan" to rebuild black people like we rebuilt Europe after the war.....even helped to rebuild Germany and Japan.....our enemies.....but not the people the US oppressed within its own borders.

Whites have the ability to HEAL the wounds. I did not say you have the responsibility or expectation to do so. I say you have the ABILITY to do so, with the resources that you control. However, you CHOOSE not to, which makes absolutely no sense when you consider that black economic parity with whites would ultimately benefit whites in the form of less welfare tax payment, less taxes going to the prison industrial complex, higher GDP from greater black purchasing power, more sales for white owned businesses, less racial tension and complaints, etc, etc. To me, its a no brainer unless you really have a vested interest in blacks being below you or you just don't think any amount of effort or resources will make blacks on par with whites.....because you think we are naturally inferior.

Like I pointed out before......if you want to make blacks forget about the past and what whites have done to blacks in the past......you make sincere efforts to reconcile the complete cost of that past upon blacks.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
What do you mean that its no way to live? Whites have the ability and resources and have had the ability and resources, to undo the damage to blacks that was created from centuries of white oppression made possible by laws of this nation. This is a nation of the people, by the people and for the people and hence "those people" were allowed to oppress blacks. Blacks live with the vestiges/wounds of that oppression and the nation, as a nation, cannot even bring itself to offer an official apology and any thought of a "Marshall Plan" to rebuild black people like we rebuilt Europe after the war.....even helped to rebuild Germany and Japan.....our enemies.....but not the people the US oppressed within its own borders.

Whites have the ability to HEAL the wounds. I did not say you have the responsibility or expectation to do so. I say you have the ABILITY to do so, with the resources that you control. However, you CHOOSE not to, which makes absolutely no sense when you consider that black economic parity with whites would ultimately benefit whites in the form of less welfare tax payment, less taxes going to the prison industrial complex, higher GDP from greater black purchasing power, more sales for white owned businesses, less racial tension and complaints, etc, etc. To me, its a no brainer unless you really have a vested interest in blacks being below you are you just don't think any amount of effort or resources will make blacks on par with whites.....because you think we are naturally inferior.
I guess you missed the fact that I don't own anything but my house (and not really even that because I still have a mortgage). What do you want from me? My children? I've got nothing else to give.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I think that is such a limiting thought. I know black people who come to this country with no property, very little money, and no lineage here to speak of, yet they know they have opportunities they would never have in their countries. They work their butts off in school (many in the top 3-5%), and get into good schools. They don't accept that limited thinking. Heck, I know American blacks who don't accept it, and all are successful.

I watched a video on white privilege where they had lines chalked on the floor and individuals of all races lined up in the back. Then they asked a series of questions and told them if they had this or that they could move forward or take a step back if they didn't. Of course it's all about economics. I would have been near the back with the black kids growing up since I was raised by a single mom with no college who didn't make a lot of money. The thing that bothered me so much about it was the interviews with these kids going to a university (another thing I didn't have), and one black guy said even with a degree he didn't expect to make it above middle management because he is black. And you know what? He probably won't because he's limiting himself.

What is the point of these exercises? I think it's wrong to put that into people's heads. We should be about empowerment, not limitations.
Well, obviously living among whites have done something to the minds of blacks. If people are coming from Africa and doing much better than African Americans and Black Americans originated in Africa, its obvious that something happened to blacks from prolonged exposure to whites.

In other words, a limiting mindset is born from what? If the propensity of such a mindset in higher among descendants of slaves than others.......then that history of slavery explains it.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I guess you missed the fact that I don't own anything but my house (and not really even that because I still have a mortgage). What do you want from me? My children? I've got nothing else to give.
I never said I WANTED anything from you. I made a point about the COLLECTIVE ability of white people. That collective ability does not mean every individual has that ability. I don't want anything nor do I expect any thing from the white collective or individual in that regard. What I am noting is that the COLLECTIVE has had the ability to reconcile damage for some time now.....but chooses not to, even though the COLLECTIVE, which might not be true of all individuals, created the damage.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Well, obviously living among whites have done something to the minds of blacks. If people are coming from Africa and doing much better than African Americans and Black Americans originated in Africa, its obvious that something happened to blacks from prolonged exposure to whites.

In other words, a limiting mindset is born from what? If the propensity of such a mindset in higher among descendants of slaves than others.......then that history of slavery explains it.
I agree to an extent, but you don't have to live that way. Life isn't fair. We can choose to be victims or not. It really is up to you.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I agree to an extent, but you don't have to live that way. Life isn't fair. We can choose to be victims or not. It really is up to you.
I think what you are trying to say is that you cannot necessarily choose what happens to you but you can choose how you react to it. Right? Its like people who get falsely arrested and sent to prison. If you dwell on the injustice, it will probably eat you up inside, so some mange to choose a different reaction. However, human nature being what it is, not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to do that.....and they should not be seen as LESS because they don't when the REAL culprit to their condition was the injustice. To many times blacks are faulted for not being able to rise above injustice, instead of the people faulting the injustice for their condition.

Injustice captures someone and puts them out on an island against their will. The person is trapped and ultimately dies. Do you blame the dead person for not being able to make a boat.......or do you blame that the person being taken to the island against their will? Far to often, if the person taken to the island is black, the former becomes the cause of death and not the latter.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I never said I WANTED anything from you. I made a point about the COLLECTIVE ability of white people. That collective ability does not mean every individual has that ability. I don't want anything nor do I expect any thing from the white collective or individual in that regard. What I am noting is that the COLLECTIVE has had the ability to reconcile damage for some time now.....but chooses not to.
What would you suggest? College grants and scholarships? Check.

Early education and head start programs? Check.

Points granted in college admissions for being black? Check.

Racial quotas in hiring in government and large corporations? Check.

The only thing I can think that they may not be doing and it would help is making it easier to get small business loans if you're black.

I am not and would not be against any of the above options. The other thing that would help is to limit low skilled immigration, but now that's considered racist (I guess that makes Barbara Jordan a racist).

I really don't know of anything else that would work. I am open to ideas though.

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-07-2017 at 07:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies