Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:57 PM

30,349 posts, read 19,122,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
poor guy.

I hope it gets better for you.
Hard to get better (white privilege and all) but I'll take your wish that it does.

May your victimhood increase!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 12:06 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's called a "Poor Credit Score". Whites cannot say what blacks can say because of whites credit history. Blacks have no history of oppressing whites systematically. Blacks do not even have the numerical, economical or political numbers to oppress whites currently and certainly never in the past. With greater power comes greater responsibility. If you do not want that greater responsibility, then give up the power and wealth. Do you actually think blacks would give a rats arse about what whites say about us if our wealth was 15 times greater than yours, our poverty rate 3 times less than your and our unemployment rate twice as good as yours and you essentially had no power to systematically do anything to us?

That having been said.....the root of blacks negative feelings toward whites is how whites have historically mistreated and looked down upon blacks. Its more resentment of how we were treated by whites. On the other hands, the root of whites dislike for blacks is what.....that we wanted our freedom? That we want equality? Whites have a long history of hating on blacks....but why? What did we ever do to you?

Besides murder my family member because he was white- not a thing. And no he didn't deserve it. Robbie was a gentle, kind soul who minded his own business and kept his mind open and mouth shut.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:31 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think that is such a limiting thought. I know black people who come to this country with no property, very little money, and no lineage here to speak of, yet they know they have opportunities they would never have in their countries. They work their butts off in school (many in the top 3-5%), and get into good schools. They don't accept that limited thinking. Heck, I know American blacks who don't accept it, and all are successful.

I watched a video on white privilege where they had lines chalked on the floor and individuals of all races lined up in the back. Then they asked a series of questions and told them if they had this or that they could move forward or take a step back if they didn't. Of course it's all about economics. I would have been near the back with the black kids growing up since I was raised by a single mom with no college who didn't make a lot of money. The thing that bothered me so much about it was the interviews with these kids going to a university (another thing I didn't have), and one black guy said even with a degree he didn't expect to make it above middle management because he is black. And you know what? He probably won't because he's limiting himself.

What is the point of these exercises? I think it's wrong to put that into people's heads. We should be about empowerment, not limitations.
So, if you have/had a child would you do your best to give him or her more or less opportunities? Why?

If you have/had multiple children, would you give them equal or different opportunities? Why?

Old 09-08-2017, 12:54 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hard to get better (white privilege and all) but I'll take your wish that it does.

I enjoyed this.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:15 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Oh and when will that be?

It's been 150 years since slavery ended.

It's been 50 years since the Civil Rights Act.

When will we know when it's ok in your opinion to treat everyone equally regardless of race?
If two people run a marathon, and they are the same speed they'll finish at the same time.

If two people run a marathon, and one is given a 50 foot head start, when will the person not given the head start catch up?

How about if two people run a marathon, and one is given a 50 foot head start and the other is given a 20 lb pack to carry. When will the person not given the head start catch up?

Well, unless, they are faster, they never will.

Now, socioeconomic issues aren't races - they are much more complex, and likely, more difficult to overcome.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Blacks have been wronged, but now the biggest wrong is low expectations. We constantly hear that black people are not able to get ahead because of white supremacy. Now even black people in universities are lead to believe that they won't get as far as their white counterparts because of systemic racism. Why bother trying very hard if it doesn't matter anyway?
So you are saying that it's a valid (not low or high) expectation that blacks should have recovered from 3 centuries of racial oppression by now? If not, then how does assisting recovery become low expectations? If so, who set the standards for recovery time from racial oppression?

Old 09-08-2017, 06:03 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Man that is some ugly language coming from some mighty sad misguided uneducated children.

This is reverse racism.
Where are they learning such hate? It's not Trump so who or what is it that is painting white people as the enemy?

I will risk getting beat up and say "all lives matter" that should get them going.

This country really needs a Martin Luther King figure now.
"Reverse" racism, or just racism?

Old 09-08-2017, 06:22 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
So, if you have/had a child would you do your best to give him or her more or less opportunities? Why?

If you have/had multiple children, would you give them equal or different opportunities? Why?
What do these questions have to do with my post? Of course every parent wants their children to have more opportunities.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,637,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

only on CD can someone say white males are facing real racism and then turn around and claim someone else is trying to claim victimhood.

you guys are hilarious.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:13 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So you are saying that it's a valid (not low or high) expectation that blacks should have recovered from 3 centuries of racial oppression by now? If not, then how does assisting recovery become low expectations? If so, who set the standards for recovery time from racial oppression?
Im saying blaming the system and thinking there is no point in trying because you won't get ahead anyway has an effect. How long does oppression recovery take? What's the best way to overcome it? That's not a question for me to answer. It's for you to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies