Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 12:42 PM

983 posts, read 738,703 times

Advertisements

Kamala Harris announces she will co-sponsor single-payer healthcare | TheHill

Quote:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) announced during a town hall on Wednesday that she would support Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) "Medicare for All" bill, which would institute a single-payer health insurance system.

"I intend to co-sponsor the 'Medicare for All' bill because it’s just the right thing to do," Harris announced Wednesday at a town hall in Oakland.
You know with her on it it's bound to be a disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:44 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
California democrat.

have to laugh.

healthcare is not a right.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:47 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,750,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Kamala Harris announces she will co-sponsor single-payer healthcare | TheHill

You know with her on it it's bound to be a disaster.
I'm ok with it, so long as people like Kamala & myself don't have to use it. No reason not to let people like Kamala and myself buy quality private health care plans, since we can afford it. For the poor, the people who can't take care of themselves, I think government health care would do just fine.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:05 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
California democrat.

have to laugh.

A lot of people disagree with you.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:05 PM

221 posts, read 187,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
California democrat.

have to laugh.

It should be a right. If "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is a right, what does that mean for those caught up in a system that makes basic healthcare unaffordable? Where are their constitutional rights to "life"?
Are only the wealthy and healthy entitled to doctors? Do you demand your sick child to pay up or die?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I'm ok with it, so long as people like Kamala & myself don't have to use it. No reason not to let people like Kamala and myself buy quality private health care plans, since we can afford it. For the poor, the people who can't take care of themselves, I think government health care would do just fine.
That's pretty much it. No one has to use it. If you can afford private plans, you can get one, and the poor and the young can opt for single payer.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingding View Post
It should be a right. If "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is a right, what does that mean for those caught up in a system that makes basic healthcare unaffordable? Where are their constitutional rights to "life"?
Are only the wealthy and healthy entitled to doctors? Do you demand your sick child to pay up or die?
I think internet access should be a right. I can't imagine the "pursuit of happiness" without internet access.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Obamacare was designed to fail so Hillary could implement Single Payer. That didn't work out so well, did it?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM

25,576 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Health care a right?

Depends on what you mean by health care. There will be a long, long discussion about what that means. If you destroy yourself through a lifetime of smoking, should the rest of us pay for it? On the other hand if you develop diabetes or suffer an serious injury maybe We, The People should help you out.

The question will never be answered. Some people will never be satisfied. Those who say "health care for all" actually hope no one asks what that means.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's pretty much it. No one has to use it. If you can afford private plans, you can get one, and the poor and the young can opt for single payer.
I've lived in countries where they have government health care. It's a separate but equal system, where no one but the ultra-poor would ever use the government system. A broken arm is a 24 hour wait at the ER. A surgery is a 3-4 year wait list. Everyone on this forum would still use our private insurance. It would just be the permanent underclass using the government system.

It's the same as public schools. I think it's great that the poorest neighborhoods have schools for their kids, but people like you and I would never send our kids to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies