Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 10:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,643,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Fish/Fisherman. If you don't understand that, you are part of the problem.
What....you are speaking in riddles now? This is not twitter. You can actually EXPLAIN what it is you are actually trying to say without being cryptic or the Riddler. However, I think your strategy now is avoiding self incrimination. Thus, you are attempting to say as little as possible.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:09 AM

27,287 posts, read 28,359,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Observations are not racism....its the explanation of the observation that reveals racism. The reason pointing out higher incidence of crime among blacks is racist is because its followed by a rejection from the right of any explanation that does not imply the root causation being the "nature of black people". Its not what you select as an explanation, you are too smart for that. You cannot come right out and say that its the nature of black people because that would obviously show you to be a racist. Thus, you simply reject all other explanations from the left. Then you say liberals are falsely accusing you of racism.

Take the test yourself. Explain why crime is higher among blacks without implying black inferiority of some sort. If you can't, then the shoe fits.
But I'm sure you understand that people cannot live with cognitive dissonance forever either.

If the violent crime rate among inner-city youth has been much higher than anywhere else in society for many decades, then it is understandable that people will suspect it might have something to do with the nature of those people, don't you think? It is not an unreasonable assumption.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Says the most racist person on City Data.

I'd like to know where the left begins their history because it sure as hell isn't on any actual historical timeline thus far. I have provided evidence all the way back to Andrew Jackson that the left has been, and continues to be, the most racist party in this country, and black people have been bought to believe it.

You keep patting yourself on your back while whitey Dems use you and discard you. Foolish.
Define "racist" and map that definition to things I have posted as proof.

Again, part of the subterfuge from the right is to try to make their opposition and or those who expose them for what they are.......the racist.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:16 AM

30,158 posts, read 23,540,121 times
Quote:
Define "racist" and map that definition to things I have posted as proof.

Again, part of the subterfuge from the right is to try to make their opposition and or those who expose them for what they are.......the racist.
Your entire posting history.

And the new little game being played by the left doesn't work, either. "If they deny it, it just means they are." The only people buying this load of horse spit is other brainwashed liberals. You all have no idea what your pushing is doing to your chances in upcoming elections. It's not going to go the way you think it will because 'racist' means nothing anymore, and while the left knows that and has now bumped it up to 'white supremacists', that doesn't fool anyone, either. Nor does the "their denial is proof, zomg1!!!!!!"

You'll never accept true history. If you did, you would never be a Dem/lefty/liberal/progressive/alt left.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:19 AM

20,956 posts, read 8,581,915 times
Quote:
Says the most racist person on City Data.

I'd like to know where the left begins their history because it sure as hell isn't on any actual historical timeline thus far. I have provided evidence all the way back to Andrew Jackson that the left has been, and continues to be, the most racist party in this country, and black people have been bought to believe it.

You keep patting yourself on your back while whitey Dems use you and discard you. Foolish.
You obviously don't know history - OR, you are cherry picking. Which is it?

Books have been written about it - but in simple terms, Lincoln was a Northern Urban pro-industrial liberal..and died for it. His foes were twofold:
1. The slave owners and supporters
2. Conservatives (yes, they were called that) who supported slavery but may have been in the non-slave states.

As anyone with even 1/2 a brain knows, the first real modern Progressive was Ted Roosevelt - who was a Republican when he took office. By the time he left office the GOP would no longer have him because he believed in progressive ideals, conservation, regulation of industry, etc.

And so - he had to start his own PROGRESSIVE party called the Bull Moose Party and run on that platform.

After that time, Republicans were solidly in the camp of Big Biz and against workers, regulation, etc. - their actions, as always, caused a massive Depression (Harding and Teapot dome was one of the MANY criminal acts of the Republican party in the last 100 years. I think about 20X as many Republicans in POTUS admins have been indicted or convicted of CRIMES - that's an important stat)......

Ok, so perhaps the destruction of the economy and criminal enterprises of the Republicans made sure that FDR was elected. He was also a NORTHERN URBAN LIBERAL - like Lincoln. Forget about political party and think about who was for the "Confederacy" and who was not. Who was for equality and who was not? Who was for a fair deal for working people and ALL Americans and who was not? Who fought the Nazis as POTUS and won the biggest victories in History?

So, let's move on a bit further. The one speck of truth in the BS spewed about democRATS is that the party was a strange coalition of Northeast Liberals (Irish, Italians and many others)....and so-called "DixieCrats" who were the Southern block. BUT, JFK, LBJ and MLK and others really pissed off these folks....and when LBJ signed the voting rights and civil rights bills, he said "we (dems, left) just lost the South for a Generation"...

Of course, he was wrong. We lost the South for two or three generations. He failed to see how deeply racism was a part of the South....and even of parts of the North (where many who moved there - Detroit, Ohio, etc. had come from the South for jobs)

And so, if we are speaking of our lifetimes - of the last 50 years or so - Republicans have fought tooth and nail against equality, against the working man (unions), against clear air and clean water and against free and fair elections. They have tried - and succeeded at time - to roll back the Voting Rights Act. They have tried hard to make certain that Women stay in their places (barefoot, preggy, worth less, no reproductive choice).

The Neo-Con variety has thrown us into endless war - which are costing us so much money that the idea of "investment" in the American people is almost impossible. Instead, MORE inequality (like in the slave days and Jim Crow) is being seen.

That is a short history of the modern Republican Party.
I do think one of the most telling stats is the amount of criminals in their administrations. Of course, there are the Great Recessions, Wars and the cheating on elections (purges, russians, comey, etc.)- and, now, at long last we have the Nazis and the REPUBLICAN KKK coming out and feeling that things are "good enough" for them to show their faces and be proud.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
But I'm sure you understand that people cannot live with cognitive dissonance forever either.

If the violent crime rate among inner-city youth has been much higher than anywhere else in society for many decades, then it is understandable that people will suspect it might have something to do with the nature of those people, don't you think? It is not an unreasonable assumption.
I agree with what you have just said....100%!!!

By default, people will look at the world in its current state, minus the context of history, and likely conclude that the world order is the result of Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest. Those groups on top are naturally assumed to be their because they are superior and those at the bottom are naturally assumed to be inferior.

This is why CONTEXT is so important. History represents CONTEXT for the present. It provides an EXPLANATION/CAUSATION for the OBSERVATION of the present.

Think about this for a second. Try to explain the black condition of socioeconomic inequality assuming that blacks are totally equivalent to whites in their abilities and capacities. Meaning that that blacks ability to make choices is no better or worse than whites, that blacks have a natural tendency to work just as hard as whites, that blacks have a natural tendency to be as non violent as whites, that blacks have a natural ability to be as responsible, good parents, etc, etc.

What would then explain the different racial socioeconomic outcomes? Anyone can feel free to answer.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2017 at 10:38 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Your entire posting history.

And the new little game being played by the left doesn't work, either. "If they deny it, it just means they are." The only people buying this load of horse spit is other brainwashed liberals. You all have no idea what your pushing is doing to your chances in upcoming elections. It's not going to go the way you think it will because 'racist' means nothing anymore, and while the left knows that and has now bumped it up to 'white supremacists', that doesn't fool anyone, either. Nor does the "their denial is proof, zomg1!!!!!!"

You'll never accept true history. If you did, you would never be a Dem/lefty/liberal/progressive/alt left.
My entire posting history? Ok.....my post in this thread is inclusive in my entire posting history. Quote the examples of the demonstration of my racism. The floor is yours.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,278,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
maybe it has to do with the high crime in black schools not the color of their skin.......when you have metal dictators in the entrance of the school every day and the cops all the time and bad test scores overall, I say I wouldn't send my kid to those schools either.

it happens also in Latino areas with the gangbangers.....just saying.
So black kids are violent and stupid?

If that statement isn't racist, then what is?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:36 AM

2,489 posts, read 3,385,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
They don't deny it exists, they just think they're the biggest victim of it. For conservatives, no race is more victimized or discriminated against than White people...
^^^Classic liberal strategy. Projecting their own shortcomings or behaviors onto the group they enthusiastically oppose. It's a form of gaslighting.

What many people seem unwilling or unable to address is this: Racism and sexism exist within the black community (against other blacks, against Asians, etc). Racism and sexism exist within the Asian communities. Racism and sexism certainly exist in other countries to a much larger degree than in the United States. Unless a person is willing to call those things for what they are, why are conservative or libertarians largely the ones stereotyped as racist and sexist by the extreme liberals?

It would seem that it is more important for many liberals to attack others and appear virtuous for defending the 'marginalized' groups. Perhaps if they put as much energy into advocating for better care of our veterans in need, they would have a little more credibility.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:42 AM

20,956 posts, read 8,581,915 times
Quote:
What would then explain the different racial socioeconomic outcomes? Anyone can feel free to answer.
The difference is simple and clear. The White Power Structure - which included ANYONE who was white, even the lowliest employee at a firm or the customer(s) of a business or anyone else....did not give a fair shake the Black person.

Also, there are books written on how the government - from top to bottom - was involved in holding down the black folks. Government isn't a "thing", it's the white people who were appointed or elected.

One of the largest factors - which science and biology are now showing us, is that just about everything you experience is passed along in your DNA. As a simple example, the reason that Jews are so much smarter than the average white person (yes, it is so - by any measure) is not because God anointed them. It is because of education which exists deep inside their DNA.

What I am essentially saying (my opinion, but science is starting to agree) is that:

1. We take 100 children of Jews - remove them from their parents - and bring them up with great educational and vocational opportunities.

2. We take 100 children of Slaves (obviously a time machine) - or, in fact, 100 children of very poor and "held down" african americans in the USA where no highly educated ancestors are in their tree....and we do the same thing.

We would not, IMHO, end up with the same results.

So all this talk of solving our societal problems because one can point to an example or two is BS. In order to solve our poverty and violence problems (and these exist among all races), we need to invest for GENERATIONS.

Two short stories to illustrate the above - although, as I said, science has already confirmed some of this.

1. H L Mencken - the famous cynic, humorist, writer, journalist - was German. His father owned a Cigar business. None of his relatives here were writers or similar. He took a trip back to Germany and ended up finding the writing of one of his ancestors from 300+ years back. He was shocked...not only was the guy a writer, but the writing was almost identical to his! Imagine! A guy in 1700 writing with the same basic worldview and cleverness (and cynicism) that the present day guy does...having known no connection beforehand.

2. I recently found a close relative through 23&Me. She is on the west coast, I am on the east. We had very little contact with her family back when...and she wasn't even born back then anyway.
When I looked at her work skills and history - lo and behold, she has been a "webmaster" since about 2000, while I went into "webmastering" full time in 1995. Both of us have run very large web sites and specialize in online marketing.
Another west coast relative who shares my exact name (but I have never met) - lo and behold, he has a Masters in Marketing from Duke.
Coincidence? I think not. I have some other friends who are pro musicians. I found their family page (from Europe) on the net and it said "if you know someone with this last name they are a musician" - and it's TRUE. I'm not talking garden variety musician, one of these guys played in the on-stage band on the Merv Griffin Show (like a late show Guitarist....the best!).

Anyway, the person who really cares about solving these types of problems needs to study these kinds of theories. Just as Jews raised their IQ's FAR above that of their agrarian Polish and Russian and even German neighbors, so it is possible to raise up other populations. But it will not happen in festering poverty and violence and racism (whether in Appalachia or in Chicago).

Note: I am sure the above would label me a "racist" and get me thrown out of many schools. But wait and watch - in 20 years this will be the known facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.