Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 02:25 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No whites aren't going through a drug crisis. That's another thing you've made up.
https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abus.../opioid-crisis
The Latest Jaw-Dropping Numbers From the Opioid Crisis – Mother Jones
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...rofits/538938/
Trump officially declares opioid crisis a national emergency | Fox News
Donald Trump Announces Plan to Declare Opioid Crisis a State of Emergency - Breitbart

even included Fox News and Breitbart links for you.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Criminal drug use and dealing is one of the main offenses in a jacket which coincides with gang banging. Recidivism is also high because they cannot make it on the outside. It's easier to just go back than try to make it legally in the world. These are the people that are in prison and they fully admit it when you talk to them in a setting where there is nothing to be gained.
the war was on DRUGS was really about gangs? whataboutisms.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:31 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the war was on DRUGS was really about gangs? whataboutisms.
???

My post is about people in prison and what they are there for. I have already said the war on drugs is a failed concept. You want to tout the difference in arrest rates and I am telling you about people who are actually in prison and absolutely should be there - regardless of color.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:41 PM

910 posts, read 1,076,478 times
I want to go back to the original question, "why do conservative whites deny racism exists". The reason they deny it, is because they never see it first hand. They have no experience with it, and therefore, to them it doesn't exist. It is simple human nature. I have never experienced racism first hand either, at least not white on black. I have experienced allot of black on while racism. I can't count the number of times I was jumped in high school. I was a white boy that loved Black and Latina women. When the skinny little white boy starts dating the light skinned Black girl everyone wants in school, well, you see where I am going with this. I was even jumped by a group of grown men when picking up a date for a school dance.

My wife is from the Dominican Republic, and my children are bi-racial. When they ask, I tell them to put other on any school paperwork, and write in AMERICAN in the explanation field. As a nation, we are obsessed with race. In my wife's home country, they don't categorize people by race. If you ask any citizen there what their race is, they will tell you Dominican! None of this will ever get any better, until we as a country, stop recognizing race. If you were born here, you are an American. Barack Obama wasn't the first Black president, he was the first bi-racial president. He is as much Black, as he is White. That is just one example of something that makes me angry as heck. Again, race politics getting in the way of logic.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
???

My post is about people in prison and what they are there for. I have already said the war on drugs is a failed concept. You want to tout the difference in arrest rates and I am telling you about people who are actually in prison and absolutely should be there.
It's purpose was to target more blacks for incarceration and it worked. But anyways, i'll try to steer this back to the main point of the OP. Same issue for two different groups of people, one group received a criminal response, the other is currently receiving a "national emergency" response. But people will still deny that any racism of any kind towards blacks exist. Even with the open knowledge that drug sentence were different amongst crack and cocaine abusers.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
I want to go back to the original question, "why do conservative whites deny racism exists". The reason they deny it, is because they never see it first hand. They have no experience with it, and therefore, to them it doesn't exist. It is simple human nature. I have never experienced racism first hand either, at least not white on black. I have experienced allot of black on while racism. I can't count the number of times I was jumped in high school. I was a white boy that loved Black and Latina women. When the skinny little white boy starts dating the light skinned Black girl everyone wants in school, well, you see where I am going with this. I was even jumped by a group of grown men when picking up a date for a school dance.

My wife is from the Dominican Republic, and my children are bi-racial. When they ask, I tell them to put other on any school paperwork, and write in AMERICAN in the explanation field. As a nation, we are obsessed with race. In my wife's home country, they don't categorize people by race. If you ask any citizen there what their race is, they will tell you Dominican! None of this will ever get any better, until we as a country, stop recognizing race. If you were born here, you are an American. Barack Obama wasn't the first Black president, he was the first bi-racial president. He is as much Black, as he is White. That is just one example of something that makes me angry as heck. Again, race politics getting in the way of logic.
You have police reports for these countless violent criminal acts?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:47 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Yet overall drug use between races is similar. Again you haven't proven any point whatsoever that when it's about whites the drug laws or discussion suddenly becomes about rehab.

btw did you notice that opiate use has gone down in medical marijuana states?

Old 09-08-2017, 02:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
It's purpose was to target more blacks for incarceration and it worked. But anyways, i'll try to steer this back to the main point of the OP. Same issue for two different groups of people, one group received a criminal response, the other is currently receiving a "national emergency" response. But people will still deny that any racism of any kind towards blacks exist. Even with the open knowledge that drug sentence were different amongst crack and cocaine abusers.
I don't deny racism exists at all because I saw it every day between rival criminals. However I don't choose to spend my time with racist people. I would think unless you are in agreement with racists you would choose the same. I can only control me.

So if all those arrested were sentenced equally and appropriately (which is how it should be) what would be the answer then? I really have a hard time with the argument that because someone else did not get arrested for the same crime that it is somehow not the one who got arrested's fault that he/she got arrested.

Last edited by redwood66; 09-08-2017 at 02:58 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 02:50 PM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
You made this all up. Conservatives have seen racism many times over. Your post is repulsive.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yet overall drug use between races is similar. Again you haven't proven any point whatsoever that when it's about whites the drug laws or discussion suddenly becomes about rehab.

btw did you notice that opiate use has gone down in medical marijuana states?
Opioid Overdose Deaths by Race/Ethnicity | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

chart showing opioid deaths by race since 1999. I don't think I saw a single column where blacks outnumbered whites. Lots of NSD (not sufficient data) for many of the blacks deaths (meaning it was too low).

Stop trying friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.