Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 06:57 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You just told me. That is the point I am making about conservatism and why conservatives get seen as racist. Of course, if you think its TRUTH, what you just said, you do not consider that racism. However, how would you ever KNOW that the science is true? Have we completed our total understanding of how the human body works? We cannot even cure cancer and a host of other diseases.....so obviously there is much more to learn than it is that we know. However, people are eager to run with any little piece of science that MIGHT suggest that.....because its already what many believe and want to believe.

Conservatives don't tend to give credit for the condition of inequality of blacks.....to anything external to blacks. Despite centuries of documented racism.....nope....no effect on the current black condition of inequality. The only external link that the will give is to liberalism or progressivism. However, again, why would blacks fall for that supposed con while most whites were too smart too? Again, the conservative reasoning always falls back upon the rarely stated premise of what you just offered, which is that blacks are inferior innately relative to whites.

This is why the conservative gets labeled a racist because that reasoning fits the dictionary's definition of the term. People see through the conservative.....and the conservative is only fooling themselves then get upset that we are not all fools.
I don't know what "the truth" is given that human beings and human societies are complex systems that evolve over time. Trying to understand how racial differences relate to different social outcomes is like trying to forecast the weather. Not an exact science, but you can get it in the ballpark generally.

I do think that it strains credibility to say that all the races are 100% identical when it comes to innate abilities across populations. This is the gospel that liberals have been trying to sell us for a long time. But in their heart of hearts, most people probably do not believe this to be true.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:09 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Well, you don't know much about me or how much time and money I give to underprivileged black youths in Baltimore. I'm certain it's more than anyone on this message board, especially you.
He is probably angry that he wasn't able to take the money away from you and give it away in his name.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:12 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No matter what anyone thinks, racism has always been alive and well in this country. It was dormant until Obama became president. They couldn't handle a black president though. All you have to do is read some of the past posts here. And this forum is small peanuts.
Yes, Obama fanned the flames of racism for eight years.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:26 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Conservatives believe in small government especially at the Federal level. Conservatives aren't the racists ones here. The false cries or racism exist because the progressives back horrible, failed policies. This is how they deflect. They don't talk about policy because that would expose them for the losers they are.
I can respect the other posters who just came out and admitted their beliefs. I do not agree with them at all, but I really do respect their honesty. You, on the other hand, have just played a game of obfuscation, deflection and subterfuge.....hardly worthy of any respect.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:30 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't know what "the truth" is given that human beings and human societies are complex systems that evolve over time. Trying to understand how racial differences relate to different social outcomes is like trying to forecast the weather. Not an exact science, but you can get it in the ballpark generally.

I do think that it strains credibility to say that all the races are 100% identical when it comes to innate abilities across populations. This is the gospel that liberals have been trying to sell us for a long time. But in their heart of hearts, most people probably do not believe this to be true.
I do not think that liberals are trying to sell that gospel. The gospel that liberals are trying to sell is that such reasoning is the root of racism.

As long as what you said is a BELIEF and not an undisputed FACT, its RACISM.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:36 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Because somehow the TRUTH... cold hard FACTS.. became labeled "racist"
More and more often, this is becoming true.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
I do not think that liberals are trying to sell that gospel. The gospel that liberals are trying to sell is that such reasoning is the root of racism.

As long as what you said is a BELIEF and not an undisputed FACT, its RACISM.
Facts the LEFT doesn't like have also become RACIST. It is all the have left at this point to combat the facts that show that progressive (Democrat) policies are an UTTER FAILURE. If you yell racism, sexism etc it ends the argument as nobody wants to be considered racist even though their facts are CORRECT. It is a way for the LEFT to continue escaping reality in quest for their UTOPIA. Meanwhile Soros and the elite get richer.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:46 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Explain the bold or provide a link?
A history of immigration from China to the US.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:49 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No matter what anyone thinks, racism has always been alive and well in this country. It was dormant until Obama became president. They couldn't handle a black president though. All you have to do is read some of the past posts here. And this forum is small peanuts.
How can you know that without a point of reference? You have only been here since 2011. I have seen your posts. Anything negative about Obama was always racist in your mind. You don't think someone can disagree with his policies without being racist?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
I can respect the other posters who just came out and admitted their beliefs. I do not agree with them at all, but I really do respect their honesty. You, on the other hand, have just played a game of obfuscation, deflection and subterfuge.....hardly worthy of any respect.
Again, you made this all up because you don't have anything to back up what you say. You cannot discuss the issue because of your blinded agenda.
I have given you the answer twice now. Here's the 3rd time, lets see if you deflect yet again.

Again why don't YOU tell everyone here why single parenthood in the black community has sky rocketed and is many times higher now vs the Jim Crow days if it's about racism. Besides the war on drugs. That has some influence.

Again Is there more big government welfare now than there was 50 years ago? Did family take care of family back in Jim Crow days or did government? <<< Ignore this like you did last time. Whatever you do don't discuss this. Instead kept ignoring what I've said and continue to play the race card. It's what you do best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies