Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:58 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Maybe because they made it so black people can use swimming pools in municipal parks? That stuff wears off, you know...

I wonder how many people posting this BS have actually read the history of the SPLC. I'd say zero. They are getting their "news" from some rage or hate radio or Fox.

Here is some of their Evil accomplishments.....

The SPLC shut down some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups by winning crushing, multimillion-dollar jury verdicts on behalf of their victims. It dismantled vestiges of Jim Crow, reformed juvenile justice practices, shattered barriers to equality for women, children, the LGBT community and the disabled, protected low-wage immigrant workers from exploitation, and more.

In the 1980s, the SPLC began monitoring white supremacist activity amid a resurgence of the Klan and today its Intelligence Project is internationally known for tracking and exposing a wide variety of hate and extremist organizations throughout the United States.

In the early 1990s, the SPLC launched its pioneering Teaching Tolerance program to provide educators with free, anti-bias classroom resources such as classroom documentaries and lesson plans. Today, it reaches millions of schoolchildren with award-winning materials that teach them to respect others and help educators create inclusive, equitable school environments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

These are among the bravest of the brave, having established their HQ in the eye of the Storm and having been bombed, shot at, lit on fire and threatened regularly.

The OP is just the next bigot, racist or hate group member in line doing the same. Guess who will win this game?
I've known about SPLC since 2004. For me, it was good to see that website. Racism was a big issue in my high school, in the early 2000s. I felt encouraged seeing the site.

I don't listen to FOX News or those other things. I worry about people who do. Listening to that crap would make me question those persons.

Anyone who can take down bigots and make this society better is decent in my book. I think said persons who oppose SPLC really don't have the honesty to admit that they want the old days of bigotry to return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 08:00 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,134,919 times
Beware of the Southern Poverty Law Center

I'm not a bigot or an extremist, so no need to fear them.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:05 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,302,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Beware of the Southern Poverty Law Center

I'm not a bigot or an extremist, so no need to fear them.
And I'm darned glad I donate to the SPLC - it's pretty telling that the OP is trying to use the tired old tactics of denying, deflecting and denigrating.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:07 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And I'm darned glad I donate to the SPLC.
I haven't donated, but I think I should. Thank you for reminding me.

I have no reason to fear SPLC. The only people who criticize or fear SPLC are those who watch FOX News, or who have hateful mentalities.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:14 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,778,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I haven't donated, but I think I should. Thank you for reminding me.

I have no reason to fear SPLC. The only people who criticize or fear SPLC are those who watch FOX News, or who have hateful mentalities.
Like your hateful mentality on those who watch Fox News? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies