Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
You're not following me. My evangelical friends, who are very firmly opposed to divorce for any reason, criticize Hillary's forgiveness of Bill's betrayal, which is completely contrary to their proclaimed faith and personal values. It's the height of hypocrisy, and none of them will admit that they're talking out of both sides of their mouths. I find that both fascinating and befuddling. And it's not just Hillary who finds herself on the receiving end of such personal attacks. Sarah Palin got it, too.

The Bible lays out a path for divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Bible lays out a path for divorce.
Only for men. According to New Testament scripture, a man can divorce his wife for adultery, not the other way around. She cannot re-marry unless her previous husband is dead. There is no guidance for women whose husbands commit adultery, because this whole "one woman, one man" thing doesn't exist in the Bible. Men are free to marry and sleep with as many women as they like.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-08-2017 at 04:20 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 04:21 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
So did anyone that's not a racist pig............lol

Trump is an idiot
Your first sentence is bigoted, ignorant and hateful.

As for your second sentence, Trump doesn't drink yet you think he is an idiot for not drinking.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. That night for sure! The day after . . . well, a little Xanax never hurt a girl.

Awww. Too old to have a drink and then get up and work the next day? Pity, that.

Oh hell, yes. Any normal human would.

Trump would probably eat several burgers but that's a whole nuther issue.
Per the bolded --- Any normal human would get drunk after losing an election? Wow...just...wow. Maybe you drown your sorrows in booze but you don't speak for everybody.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:30 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Hillary is always protrayed as the villain. It matters not that she was the one betrayed. It had to have been her fault that Bill philandered, and she could not possibly have chosen to stay with him because she LOVES him; it had to be because she's a devious witch with no talent of her own. She's just an appendage to her more charismatic and accomplished spouse. If that's the truth of how her detractors view the matter, all I can say is we are a sick & twisted culture.
Hillary was not the sterotypical politicians wife and no one ever forgave her for having ambitions of her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- Any normal human would get drunk after losing an election? Wow...just...wow. Maybe you drown your sorrows in booze but you don't speak for everybody.
Please do tell where I said 'get drunk'.

Oh, that's right. Nowhere.

Once again - the stark black and white thinking of a conservative. Where 'having a few drinks' means 'getting drunk".

Old 09-08-2017, 04:37 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Bush had an infamous problem with alcohol, yet he was still elected. Both he and Laura are smokers as well.
I forgot that former President George W. Bush was caught drunk driving.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hillary was not the sterotypical politicians wife and no one ever forgave her for having ambitions of her own.

Please do tell where I said 'get drunk'.

Oh, that's right. Nowhere.

Once again - the stark black and white thinking of a conservative. Where 'having a few drinks' means 'getting drunk".

Read what you wrote in post #41. Sure, you didn't actually type the word "drunk" but it was quite clear that you were saying that a normal person would hit the vodka bottle after losing an election. You were defending Hillary for getting drunk on election night. Stop trying to be coy---it's isn't working.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:04 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Thank GOD she was not elected.

Sheesh that would have been a disaster.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:11 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
But why is that in particular such an issue? I really don't get it, and none of my conservative evangelical friends who criticize her for sticking with Bill can adequately explain it, other than to say, "She set such a bad example for women."
The Catholics, Southern Baptist and some evangelicals believe women can teach but not preach.

They are forbidden from leading a congregation or a nation. Their numbers are many.

A Baptist minister of a large congregation in my school district would not even consider a female to be superintendent of schools.

Last edited by crone; 09-08-2017 at 05:42 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 05:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The Catholics, Southern Baptist and some evangelicals believe women can teach but not preach.

They are forbidden lead a congregation or a nation. Their numbers are many.

A Baptist minister of a large congregation in my school district would not even consider a female to be superintendent of schools.
I'm aware. Even the Lutherans have two branches that will not allow women to preside over men in any capacity. Women may teach Sunday School to young children, but serve on the church council or vote on congregational issues? Absolutely not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies