Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 01:11 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
What? Someone has to milk your venom glands before putting you back in your cage for the evening? Slither on my friend, slither on.
A large percentage of Latinos are mestizos, you can only send half back to Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 01:19 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
I was born here as were my parents, and grandparents so I TOO am a NATIVE AMERICAN, but I WILL answer to Indian as well.

How! Me not tired. Me come heap long way. Road mighty rough. Sky Spirit no bring me this far.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
A large percentage of Latinos are mestizos, you can only send half back to Spain.
Obama is a half breed. Chop him in two - half to Kenya and the other half can swim to Hawaii... or somewhere.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You want us to give the land back to the "native Americans"

So, you're prepared to leave and go back to whatever country your heritage is?

Are you going to send all black people back to Africa? All white people back to Europe? All Latino's back to Spain?

You all talk feel good BS and never think the implications through. Irrational is the best word that describes the nonsense.

nighty night
There are two separate things here that do not have any connection to each other.

1- The question that the land should be given back to the original occupants.
2- That those who give the land back should go back to their original homelands.

The first, the question, is impossible in several ways.

• The original occupants during the time their lands were taken are all dead now.
• Who owned the land was never settled when the white men took it over. Different tribes made claim to the same territory at the same time.
• The white men occupied territory that never had any tribal claims on it. Tribes moved in and out, avoiding each other or not, but none claimed many areas as theirs alone.

All this, and many other items, make returning the lands impossible to do legally. Land transaction is either by deed or by possession. The deeds are no longer valid, as they pertain to those who are now deceased, with no clear lines of inheritance, and by possession, they are now held by white men or the tribes who have occupied the land since. The tribes now own their lands by valid deeds, as do the white men.

There's nothing in our law that allows returning the lands. If there was, who gets them would still remain undecided.

The second, the notion everyone who once moved here should go back to their original country, is also impossible.

Do you know your heritage? If so, you are probably part this and part that. Most of us are not of only one lineage or national heritage anymore. So, who are you?

American. Just as we all are. We were once other nationalities, but no longer. You may still have traces of your origins, but you are now American. The mother country moved on after your ancestors left and came here, and you are not like them anymore. Time has erased those similarities.

So. This entire thought is ridiculous. Who, exactly, proposes giving the lands back anyway? No one but you.

But as an argument, this fell down on its face and broke its nose.

We could debate the first, or the second, but there are no ties between them. They are different arguments.

And since no one is proposing either, all this is nothing more that discussing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Or a topic for guys who have drunk a few too many beers to make any sense when they argue.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:39 PM

729 posts, read 429,456 times
LOL, great thread, OP!

Old 09-09-2017, 04:28 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Then maybe Liberals should act like it ......start treating them like Americans by stop labeling them as hyphenated Americans.

I'd feel pretty damn stupid calling myself an "Irish American" just because my great grandfather came from Ireland.

I've never been to Ireland and if I did go there, I'd ask them how they can stand drinking their beer warm.
I rarely hear the hyphenated terms outside of writing an essay or biography. That said, why is it that when Canadians do this, nobody has a problem. How about the terms Afro-Cuban, Indo-European, etc? I don't hear any complaints about those terms.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:11 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't understand the hatred for this congress critter by the right. She was one of the few who openly told Obama to stuff it on the TPP deal.

Anyway, I'm with you on Santa Barbara. My son is a Choctaw tribe member. Maybe he can get us backstage passes!
I don't hate faux Pocahontas but I'm sure she hates me...of course we know she used her faux Pocahontas status to get her job through preferences so she'll lie about anything and therefore, I don't know what she actually thinks.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:24 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am a native american, since i was born in this country 59 years ago.
There's a distinction between native American and Native American. Don't pretend to not know the difference. You just wind up looking like a child.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
...all transsexuals back to Transylvania?
All hookers to the Virgin Island for reprocessing?

Old 09-09-2017, 05:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Being born 59 years ago doesn't make you native american.
No such thing as native Americans. Just aborigines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies