Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 09:29 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times

Advertisements

Breitbart, fake news. I highly doubt this is real. You really cannot believe everything you read on Breitbart. They are right up there with the National Enquirer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 09:44 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Breitbart, fake news. I highly doubt this is real. You really cannot believe everything you read on Breitbart. They are right up there with the National Enquirer.

Had you even glanced at the article you would have seen that there is a video from Australian 60 Minutes featuring the story. Are they also in on the conspiracy?

Old 09-09-2017, 09:56 AM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What about checking YOUR facts before making a statement?
Is Australian news a better source? Why don't you use Google, or give us a proof that this is a fake news?

Patrick Mitchell: Australian schoolboy transitioned, then changed his mind

12-year-old boy who transitioned to female changes his mind two years later | The Independent

Australian boy makes u-turn in decision to become a girl | Daily Mail Online

Boy began transitioning into being a girl, then changed his mind | New York Post

.... etc.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:33 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times
Sorry but it is not up to me to verify a story when someone posts links to Breitbart. If OP had posted links like you did, then I could have easily concluded whether the story is real or not.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:44 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I believe sexual preference is chemical, and some people are on a spectrum and can be bisexual. I also know chemistry changes, so I believe people who are bisexual can change from one preference to another.

Regardless, another person's sexual preference has no direct impact on how I live my life.

Live and let live.
Live and let live is why America has gone downhill. Anything goes, right?
However, I do feel bad for anyone with severe mental illness like the person in the story has.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:45 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,385,367 times
This is so sad that this kid's confusion and mental issues were splashed around the world by the media to be seen forever. He is still a child! There should be laws outlawing the media and lousy parents from exploiting minors with media coverage that could damage them later in life. Disgusting media....

Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,808,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I totally agree, physical changes should not be allowed until the child is not a child. 16 minimum, 18 better.

And that means no hormones either.

Yes support and compassion. Trying to push any child to be what YOU want them to be or what YOU think the norm is more damaging than a child going back and forth on what they think they are or want to be.

I'm not saying you allow kids to jump off roofs, or make permanent physical changes -- just that you can be supportive without having to take those steps.

As for gays, transgender being more suicidal....it is less about their sexual identity and more about how society treats people who identify outside the norms.

If we , as a society, were truly accepting, not so scared about what we don't know, those people who are different are less likely to be suicidal.

Parents are humans and often do make it about them. People who aren't parents of kids with sexual identity issues also make it about them.
I agree with this.

I am personally not fully comfortable with people being allowed to make permanent changes to their body before puberty or in their early teen years. The reason why is that people that age are still developing and they can experience gender dysphoria that goes away after puberty. It's kind of like with homosexuality. Some boys have a gay phase during their teenage years and after that they become heterosexual adults. I also question what really is gender dysphoria and what is simply a matter of not fitting neatly into gender stereotypes.

Gays/trans being more suicidal is a result of the way evangelicals and society treat them. Christians have genuine, unfathomable hate for the LGBT community and it shows.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Where's the link? And the details?
The link is embedded in my post. I just tested it and it works. The words in blue are the link. That's how it works on this and most forums.

(You gave your age away)

Old 09-09-2017, 10:57 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Truly an unfortunate mental illness worthy of any stigma it receives. A degeneracy that should not be normalized or accommodated to.
No mental illness deserves stigma. It's an illness.

Stupidity deserves stigma.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:27 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,585,979 times
I hope Jazz also comes to this point before being mutilated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies